Sign in to follow this  
-**wHiStLe**-

Low pro trolley jacks

$429.00 from Hare & Forbes

1.9T

Double action pump

min height 95mm

max 490mm

$429?? That is the same one sold at costco for $160 except the jacking weight is a bit lower - 1.5t. Original jacking weight of the Costco jacks are 1.8t if you peal the stickers off the box however, I think Costco reduce the jacking weight for liability reasons.

Keen to get a costco jack if anyone has a membership and is going soon :)

^^^^

I got mine 2 weeks ago...

works wonders... worth the little coinage you pay for it compared to some other low profile jacks...

Costco sydney is now open - has anyone checked if they have it?

I had a mate check over the weekend but he said he couldn't find it?

im wanting one of these pretty bad lol

how much are the jacks at costco syd?

my mate went, and saw a jack (not sure if its the low dual piston one) and it was $220? (not including membership fee...)

Omega > your shit costco deathtrap jack

Omega > your shit costco deathtrap jack

but they're $300+...and you're going to be using jack stands anyway so they should be relatively safe...

the blue point is amazing and a life time guarantee

My Costco jack was one of the best things I've bought!

Still wrapped with it and use it all the time.

It's defs saved a lot of time.

1.9T

Double action pump

min height 95mm

max 490mm

$429?? That is the same one sold at costco for $160 except the jacking weight is a bit lower - 1.5t. Original jacking weight of the Costco jacks are 1.8t if you peal the stickers off the box however, I think Costco reduce the jacking weight for liability reasons.

It's not the same Jack, the costco is a rip-off of that one, it uses cheap aluminium, a crappy pump and the the centre parts is just plate rather than being cast. I would rather pay the extra than have the thing fail and squash my brains.

^Been rolling with the costco jacks for over 3 years now. They still work well, no problems at all.

1.9T

Double action pump

min height 95mm

max 490mm

It's not the same Jack, the costco is a rip-off of that one, it uses cheap aluminium, a crappy pump and the the centre parts is just plate rather than being cast. I would rather pay the extra than have the thing fail and squash my brains.

1. I'd rather get an Omega for $300 instead of that

2. If you have your head crushed from getting under a car supported by any trolley jack, it's your own fault for not having the brains to use jack stands

My costco membership expires in September.

If anyone wants a jack PM me as i am going to grab one myself before my membership runs out.

I am in VIC

Confirmed - jack sighted at Costco sydney for $160

Might have to a few up this weekend. I wonder if I can use my Vic Costco membership

do you sneeze money?

I invested in some HD car stands/ramps and a supercheap car jack(little under 100 all up) back 10 years ago now(say 200 max now if i do a jew hunt haggle) still going strong...my good friend lashed out 150 on a jack and i thought it was extreme..400+ just for a jack,wtf?

the blue point is amazing and a life time guarantee

+1 for blue point, but its only year warranty :( in saying that it does feel like a f**king awesome quality jack.

Confirmed - jack sighted at Costco sydney for $160

Might have to a few up this weekend. I wonder if I can use my Vic Costco membership

Yep, they got a whole stack of jacks there. Mate got one while we were there haha

IMG_34651.JPG

if anyone from SA goes over to melbs id be keen for one :whistle:

$500 for a jack are you serious? There are a million things I would rather spend my money on. As mentioned earlier I got mine on special half price at $80. Jack it up and put jack stands under. Mine is big, and heavy as all F. The Costco ones look good, but at the end of the day these are not meant to hold the car up for any period of time. $30 jack stands are for that.

if anyone from SA goes over to melbs id be keen for one :whistle:

i'm going back in a few weeks time. planning to get a few jacks and bring them back here and sell them off

^^

il take one or two if you have enough of them.

if anyone is going costco and is buying a jack buy me one ill pay i am in in vic west