Sign in to follow this  
SKIDKID

S14 injector question

Ok, so I picked up a ECUTalk Consult LCD V2 Display the other week and plugged it into my s14 and took it for a spin. It was telling me that my injectors are maxing out so I jumped online and tried to find out how big the standard s14 injectors were so i could tell the ECUTalk how big they are because it thinks they are 250cc. All I could find online is that they are 370cc so I changed that in the ECUTalk and went for another drive, still maxing them out at 99.9%.

It's a s14 with running 14psi with a standard ECU and AFM, FMIC, 3" vorst with decat, CAI, plus some other mods but don't think they would come into play here.

Questions:

1. Do you think the injectors would be maxed out at 14psi of boost?

2. Are standard injectors 370cc?

3. The ECUTalk has a "Injector =101% - or +" option for tuning, Can I get any more out of my injectors by turning this up? and by how much?

4.The ECUTalk has a "Ignition Advance = +0deg - or +" option for tuning, Can I get more power by advancing the timing "with the injectors already maxing out" and if so by how many deg?

PIC 1. Adjustments screen

IMG_2217.JPG

PIC 2. Max readouts screen

IMG_2229.JPG

see the MAX AFM is 4.805v, Is that also maxed out? Stock Sr20det AFM and also next to it reads "46degB/ 6degB" any idea what that means?

PIC 3. live readouts at idol

IMG_2218.JPG

Line 1: km/h, RPM, Voltage charge

Line 2: Water Temp, L/100km, Injector %

Line 3: "ACC:38 02:0.74V 10degB" Any ideas what this is?

Line 4: AFM voltage, TPS voltage.

My stock S14 injectors maxed out at 161rwkw with 12psi.

s14 = 370cc

s15 = 444cc or 480cc (i forget which)

So can I drop in come bigger injectors and the car will know what to do? Or will I just make the same power? Can I get bigger injectors and crank the "Injector %"?

my stock injectors (370cc) were close to maxing out on 17 psi with stock t28 turbo. idid have a adjustable fuel regulatr to bump up the fuel pump pressure. might be that the fuel rail isnt getting the correct amount of fuel. i cant remember the base fuel pressure on a stock fuel pump. try replacing the fuel filter and seeing if anything changes. if not get the base fuel pressure checked. if its down, youll be up for a fuel pump, 040 and walbros are pretty cheap these days.

oh and s15 injectors are 480cc. for the price of what they are selling second hand 480s for, your better off buying new 740s

So can I drop in come bigger injectors and the car will know what to do? Or will I just make the same power? Can I get bigger injectors and crank the "Injector %"?

if you just drop big injectors in, it will run really rich, fouling plugs rich. youll have to adjust the injector percentage down, but i wouldnt recommend just having a crack at it without a dyno to check your AFRs if the base fuel pressure isnt right, it wont make much difference

Do you have a bigger aftermarket fuel pump? I wouldn't run 14psi on the stock turbo without one..

nope, stock pump. it never seems to have any probs. i'm about to head out for a drive and record the AFR and other things on the lap top.

Mostly soft wares are done after resolving all the issues and queries then a developer can design the view of the software. If you are interested in ukwritings review so by making account on it you can learn about the designing.