Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

NS meet - paintball, go-karts, etc

16 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer for an NS meet?

• Skidpan
    • Wakefield/Marulan day
    • Karts
    • Paintball
    • Get pissed somewhere
    • Other (suggest in thread)

Not much happening in the ACT lately so here's a few ideas for a get together. Add your own if there's something else you'd prefer.

go-karts - cheap and fun

paintball - pricey if you're a uni student and not working

i'd be up for somethin like day in wakefield or somethin,another skid pan day or drive down to eastern creek for twilight drift or somethin?

I would tell you guys to have a BBQ, but it is Winter where you are.........

Photoshoot? I can try to send it through to EMG if the turnout is good.

If not, I would go for the cheaper option until after August ;).

Sol,

I'm in for either, would prefer the paintball option though...

Let me know, and i'll get a whole heap of merchandise sent down.

Yep, i can't think of anything outside of food.

Still, i'd enjoy doing something :) (+1 for the cheaper option)

I looked at the ACT section the other day and was thinking how quiet is this forum?

I am keen for anything. Either social Go Karts, Paintball, Photoshoot, cruise, bbq, ten bowling, food, beer and cinema night?.

As for track related, also keen for Wakefield, skid pan, Eastern Creek (keen but this is quiet expensive + 3 hour drive <_ dyno day>

What about a grip day at Marulan through Derek?

Maybe we should get a poll up to see who is interested in what?

What do people think about doing something in conjunction with another group i.e the SAU guys or the Supra guys?

Just throwing out some ideas. Oh yeah I wont be back in country until Late July :ph34r:

Skid pan / Marulan ... Cough... Mid August ...Cough

I'm going to start a thread about a SAU dyno day at ESP.

Link to SAU thread -> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/359496-skyline-v-supra-dyno-day-july-10/

I looked at the ACT section the other day and was thinking how quiet is this forum?

I'm surprised you have time to look at the forum with all the "Work" you have to do :P.

I am keen for anything. Either social Go Karts, Paintball, Photoshoot, cruise, bbq, ten bowling, food, beer and cinema night?.

We need regulars to do things like this. People that just turn up and don't care if no one else does. I think we'll have some numbers when you get back ;).

As for track related, also keen for Wakefield, skid pan, Eastern Creek (keen but this is quiet expensive + 3 hour drive <_ dyno day>

I'm thinking about going up to Wakefield and trying to set a time. I would prefer it on a Drift/Grip day because I will get bored of grip driving ;).

What about a grip day at Marulan through Derek?

Boring :D, Marulan is such a cool Drift track, pity there isn't any on anymore. I think Wakefield will be safer for beginners.

Maybe we should get a poll up to see who is interested in what?

Nah, polls are pointless. Everyone votes but no one attends or organises anything. Just have to start a thread and do something.

What do people think about doing something in conjunction with another group i.e the SAU guys or the Supra guys?

SAU is dull at the moment. The "regulars" seem to be doing other things. Supra guys will only turn up to Show or Dynos.

Just throwing out some ideas. Oh yeah I wont be back in country until Late July :ph34r:

Enjoy your holiday ;)

Skid pan / Marulan ... Cough... Mid August ...Cough

*cough* Japan *cough*

Poll added (just for Eiji)

I'm trying to avoid car stuff because not everybody has a car that is ready to be driven, photographed, etc. A more social event can involve more people.

I'm trying to avoid car stuff because not everybody has a car that is ready to be driven, photographed, etc. A more social event can involve more people.

All the more motivation to get the SIL80 back on the road... :lol:

Cheers Sol ;)

All sound like interesting ideas. Since my only road registered car (in Canberra) is the integra that excludes skidpan for me, and my track car is still a while off. A photo shoot wouldnt be bad (always love to snap some pics). Paintball seems too much like physical activity for me :P getting pissed is always an issue logistically (can't drink drive).

If you can get enough people though for a car related event I might tag along and just take photos etc.

I wouldn't mind a photo shoot, always keen for more pics of my car thumbsup.gif

I'd consider myself a regular attendee

Sol,

I'm in for either, would prefer the paintball option though...

Let me know, and i'll get a whole heap of merchandise sent down.

Last time we went paintballing we f**king schooled the competition, was embarrassing.

I'm down for anything that I can turn up in my shitty ass subaru in.

What ever it ends up being I'm in. If you don't want it to be car required, then I vote gokarts, but yeah what ever it is.

Any of you guys still doing friday night meets atm? I'd be keen to get off my arse and actually go to one for once.

Too cold at the moment for the usual Friday night meets. Also, the only other person to regularly turn up is away on a "Holiday" :P.

Paintball is around $90 (entry + 500 paintballs), should be enough paintballs to last you the session(s).

Go Karting is around $50 for 3 sessions.

I should be saving for my trip to Japan but I could possibly make it something.

So i went to paintball last weekend for some theme day at predator paintball, it was $60 for 1,000 paintballs and we played some intense capture flag gametype. (our team got raped) I suggest that we go to the next theme day they have, it's really good value.

So i went to paintball last weekend for some theme day at predator paintball, it was $60 for 1,000 paintballs and we played some intense capture flag gametype. (our team got raped) I suggest that we go to the next theme day they have, it's really good value.

Nah, we have a better relationship with Paintball sports ACT :).

A better relationship means that you're going to pay more money for fewer paintballs? haha, sounds stupid.

Nah we get looked after pretty well.

There are a few retired and current ref's that worked out there, including myself, who are members here...

Plus Predator is too far away.

Hey guys what about attending the "speed of the streets" track day at Wakefield? There are plenty of days for cars and would be a good place to have some fun. If anyone is interested we should get a date sorted so we can have as many NS peeps up there for a great social day and some fast fun.

Speed of the Streets day is probably the best thing for NS people. No need to book, just turn up and pay, as long as the track hasn't been booked.

Some of us are going to the Raceline Drift "Matsuri" weekend in November. You could come to that if your interested. I would prefer to do a half drift, half grip day if other people aren't too keen on sliding (I dunno why because it's fun).

The off the streets day are run every month and usually a couple of days each month.

What date is the Matsuri weekend as im keen as my car has only hit the road last week with the fresh engine so im keen to wind it up.

The off the streets day are run every month and usually a couple of days each month.

What date is the Matsuri weekend as im keen as my car has only hit the road last week with the fresh engine so im keen to wind it up.

I am off to Wakefield on Labour Day (this monday) to do a track day through Circuit Club. They are slightly more than an "off the streets" day but timing is included. I would be keen for an NS day at Wakefield but fairly busy over the next month or so.

I have inquired about organising a day at Marulan which is a great track for learners. You need 30 or more people to make it viable for a group booking. They also do "off the streets" days but I am busy for every single one of them before the end of the year. I am looking at organising an un-official ns.com track day up there in January / February.

Prices will be $130 for a full day and if you don't have a CAMS or AASA licence it will be $30 extra for a Marulan licence.

I am off to Wakefield on Labour Day (this monday) to do a track day through Circuit Club. They are slightly more than an "off the streets" day but timing is included. I would be keen for an NS day at Wakefield but fairly busy over the next month or so.

I have inquired about organising a day at Marulan which is a great track for learners. You need 30 or more people to make it viable for a group booking. They also do "off the streets" days but I am busy for every single one of them before the end of the year. I am looking at organising an un-official ns.com track day up there in January / February.

Prices will be $130 for a full day and if you don't have a CAMS or AASA licence it will be $30 extra for a Marulan licence.

How much is this Labour day track day going to cost you?

How much is this Labour day track day going to cost you?

$220

Circuit Club Linky