Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman

Running E85 in S13

Hey guys

I'm after info on running e85 in my drifter. Im mainly need info on injector size and choice but want to confirm a few things also.

I have read the stock tank and hard lines will be fine and I will be replacing the rubber lines but what type of fuel line do I need? (Cheapest option)

What size injectors will I need for 250rwkw. Im running sard 550cc on a 2871r and making 220@16psi on 98oct and was going to get Nismo 740cc and up the boost a bit for 250rwkw but what about on e85? What would some sard 850cc injectors get me? (I would prefer to stay side feed)

What else do I need to run e85? (other then a retune! duh)

Thanks guys

Jarrod

Go 850cc. My 740's ran just over 90% duty cycle at 275rwkw.

Search though as it has been covered a lot.

Go 850cc. My 740's ran just over 90% duty cycle at 275rwkw.

Search though as it has been covered a lot.

Yeah, did search but only found peope saying bla bla braided fuel lines and say what injectors they use. No info on how to calculate injectors size for e85 or what type of rubber lines (if there is a specific type you need to run)

30% larger! so those 850cc ones you mentioned should be fine for s13 I'm told 1050cc is the norm for evos.

Braided fuel lines or at least new rubber in the older s13's and tune you'll get over 250 easy.

Dual map 98/e85!

Rubber lines are ok but you need approved stuff. As for injectors go as large as you can. 1000's is a good solution. Gives you the headroom should you want more down the track

I ran 275kw on 850cc

250kw @ 85%duty = 630cc on 98oct

So + 30% = 819cc Lovely cause the biggest side feed injectors I can find are Sard 850cc.

As for lines do I need to go somewhere specific to get them or will auotbarn, Repco, Bursons stock them?

Last question, will the stock fuel

Pump run e85? I plan on using it as a lift pump to surge tank then 044.

850cc ran 98% on my tune with walbro pump standard lines

standard pump would be fine as a lift pump..

850cc will be enough for 250rwkw and E85,

you could also get away with 740cc

Convert to top feed n go 1000cc for the headroom buddy...you'll want more power later

Convert to top feed n go 1000cc for the headroom buddy...you'll want more power later

I would but I'm trying to keep cost as low as I can and a top feed rail is just extra cost. (I can't justify spending any more $$$ on a car I can only use once a month, plus I have a daily Cressida I need to inject with a 1jz!)

Plus I'm happy with the 220rwkw at the moment I just want to get a little more out of the 2871r.

Just go 850cc and throw an adjustable fuel reg on. Should be good

I am running 2 walbros intank all running into the factory lines supporting 360rwkw in my S15 no probs.

I'm interested in more details about that flex fuel system??

wow thats epic, sounds like the best way to go. no dual maps business just a constantly variable map. id assume youd feel the difference in power when the mix is lower than when it is higher.

Nismo pump won't support that power on E85

the way my brother has his twin walbros setup is awesome

his got the powertune twin pump kit

each fuel pump has its own fuel line going into the fuel rail

so one fuel pump feeds into each end of the fuel rail and he has the return line coming of the middle of the fuel rail

2 feed lines and 1 return line

hahaha funny as its done quite frequently, infact that flex fuel gtr makes 387awkw on a single nismo intank... our track car has gone over 400wkw on one, as well as many customers cars.

interesting

how does sard pumps compare to tomei and nismo ones?

hahaha funny as its done quite frequently, infact that flex fuel gtr makes 387awkw on a single nismo intank... our track car has gone over 400wkw on one, as well as many customers cars.

:o base pressure? Nismo flows less than a Walbro at 3Bar I don't understand how on earth a pump that flows 246LPH can support 400rwkw on E85 which needs 30-40% more flow. Theoretically doesn't add up.

Why do most people running external 044 Bosch pumps externally need to run 2 of them and a surge tank yo maintain enough flow and pressure in the lines. Hmmm interesting

ah fair enough

i only thought sard rated theirs as lph

and that most places only stocked the 280lph ones

you say you do flex fuel setups on cars

do you mind me asking how much and what workshop this is out of?

you can pm me details if you like

cheers

:o base pressure? Nismo flows less than a Walbro at 3Bar I don't understand how on earth a pump that flows 246LPH can support 400rwkw on E85 which needs 30-40% more flow. Theoretically doesn't add up.

Why do most people running external 044 Bosch pumps externally need to run 2 of them and a surge tank yo maintain enough flow and pressure in the lines. Hmmm interesting

You use the gtr 276LPH pumps, we dont bother with the smaller 246lph ones.

Nismo GTR pump specs are 4.6L/min(at P=294kPa、3.0kg/cm2)ratings are @ 12v too whereas most walbro ratings are @ 13.5... if you test them @ 12.5 expect to see the following results:

Tested at "stock" FPR of 43psi, "15psi of boost" or 58psi, and "30psi of boost" or 73psi.

Walbro "255 High Pressure" LPH GSS-342 @ 12.5V 43psi 7amps 233.4 Ltr/Hr

Walbro "255 High Pressure" LPH GSS-342 @ 12.5V 58psi 9amps 210.10 Ltr/Hr

Walbro "255 High Pressure" LPH GSS-342 @ 12.5V 73psi 10.5amps 189.3 Ltr/Hr

so they deliver 233lph @ 12.5v so we are 43lph behind the nismo @ 12.5v... remember the nismo also increases flow with voltage (like the walbro and all pumps) so @ 13.5 or 14v the gap is even larger.

On walbro a good trick is to run a voltage step up reg, they love to be around 14-16v.

cool thanks for those specs, so running 2 walbros combined on 30psi boost will flow

189.3 x 2 = 378.6LPH

im running straight off the battery via a relay so car running im getting close to 14volts to them.

plus i hooked them up myself so didnt cost me much, and flow more than any common in tank single pump so worked out well on both fronts :P

Great info guys, that e-flex thread was real interesting but not what I need. Now I'm worried about my fuel pump, It's a single 040 intank. Will that do?

the way my brother has his twin walbros setup is awesome

his got the powertune twin pump kit

each fuel pump has its own fuel line going into the fuel rail

so one fuel pump feeds into each end of the fuel rail and he has the return line coming of the middle of the fuel rail

2 feed lines and 1 return line

its a nice kit yes , but un-necesary for the power levels in this thread (

(we refer a few guys to your 1000cc inj/spacer kit for s14)

edit: actually when are you guys gonna do a rail kit minus injectors? my customers complain your inj are too dear but are happy to buy the kit...

yeah we could do the fuel rail kit with out injectors

ill get a price for u tomorrow

hopefully it does as well as the red dragon did

hopefully it does as well as the red dragon did

yeah, what boost did it end up @ i saw the dyno hit its max reading ceiling and just flat lined @ 30psi, what was the actual boost? looking @ the graph it was maybe 35-36?

297kW at the wheels on 20psi with full boost @ 4100rpm ( we stopped it there because it maxed out the fuel pump )

after the POWERTUNE twin pump kit went in

it made 367kW on 29psi, 393kw on 33psi, we logged it on the Haltech

I made 300rwkw with sard 850s and only a walbro intank with E85 so go with the sards if you dont want to spend money on a new rail as well.

Short term you don't even *have* to change the factory rubber fuel lines if you don't have too

I have been running E85 in my 180 for a little while now and haven't, upgrading to fuel cell pulled the stock lines out and they aren't in any way damaged or eaten

740cc should support a genuine 260-280kw

get a fuel reg

have fun