Sign in to follow this  
Djrift

Is round 3 going to happen?

so just curious if round 3 is going to go ahead or if drifting tas are using a new avenue to advertise through?

its less than 2 weeks away and im yet to see any info, entry forms ect.

i wasnt sure if the lack of entries from the weekend past has had an effect?

I could just be out of the loop but unless your in the know its hard to find any info out about these events up north. i belive that the poor numbers from last weekend would be a reflection of the lack of advertising/ knolage that these events are on.

Not having a go as i know its only a few people that do all the work for the events but ive got mates that are keen but cant plan for the event if they dont know what they are entering, how much ect.

The event is still running, the global email for listed drivers went out on Sunday with the Approved Regs and entry forms etc so the announcement proper should be up today

I put the discussion threads up on here when I can. All the drift dates are also stickied up the top of this forum.

Not sure if it was posted on fagbook, I'm happy to help out with advertising etc up north as mentioned :yes:

If you are serious about wanting to do something, you will make it happen. If you are half arsed and not really committed to doing something you'll probably make excuses as to why you don't end up doing it.

^^ That is what I always say about everything, stands true to drifting as well.

Our main problem is there aren't enough people from the main car scene in Launny having a go. If one person starts drifting in a group generally at least a few others end up giving it a go. It's not a dig at anyone, just an area where we have had success in Hobart in establishing driver numbers. The same goes for the HTS boys in the north west, one or two got involved and now theres half a dozen or more.

Over 1,000 flyers were handed out in January this year (mainly at Powercruise) with the dates for all competition and practice days this year. Our Facebook page has over 5,000 friends and is easy to access.

We certainly require a greater presence in the north for pre and post event advertising Damo, if you are happy to help next year please let us know.

In that case ben why weren't all the Hobart people that go to the Basky drift days there?

If they were all committed then they would of been there Saturday driving, especially seeing that it's one practise and one round a year people have to travel. Yes there a not many launceston people drifting but the drift day at Symmons is put on for everyone not just launceston people so by that reasoning the dedicated people that go to Basky track should of gone to Symmons, regardless of where they are from.

In saying that I realize there isn't many people from launy, but that's nothing I can control, people will either get out on the track or won't. At the end of the day its a big step saying "oh yea I want to have a go" and manning up and getting out there.

It was definitely a bit quiet at the track on Saturday - well, apart from the noisy cars - which was a bit disappointing, I think there were about 12-13 cars total. Made for plenty of runs for everyone there, but it would have been better to have more people there obviously.

I'll check with the boss on Monday when he's back from Sydney, to see if it's possible to put a flyer/mini-poster in the front window @ work, and maybe have a few flyers on the counters.. I've already got collage prints of some drifting photos on the walls so shouldn't be too much of an issue... trying to promote local events and all that... :D

If I do need flyers/mini posters, who do I get in contact with?

Cheers,

-- cyph

i cant wait for symmons in a real car, haha had fun at the practice day but the laurel isnt the ideal drift car

Josh - I believe you were in the passenger seat on a few slides, at least that's the way it looked with you leaning over that far when sliding round the track.

I have enough clear shots of your face to do a 'Faces of Priso' collage I think....

If you are serious about wanting to do something, you will make it happen. If you are half arsed and not really committed to doing something you'll probably make excuses as to why you don't end up doing it.

^^ That is what I always say about everything, stands true to drifting as well.

Our main problem is there aren't enough people from the main car scene in Launny having a go. If one person starts drifting in a group generally at least a few others end up giving it a go. It's not a dig at anyone, just an area where we have had success in Hobart in establishing driver numbers. The same goes for the HTS boys in the north west, one or two got involved and now theres half a dozen or more.

Over 1,000 flyers were handed out in January this year (mainly at Powercruise) with the dates for all competition and practice days this year. Our Facebook page has over 5,000 friends and is easy to access.

We certainly require a greater presence in the north for pre and post event advertising Damo, if you are happy to help next year please let us know.

it has always been hard to get people to symmons. MSCT did have to work their ass off to try and get numbers out there while on a lazy barsky day there would be 25+ cars.

Mandys right thoe there is never a large amount of driver support from the south. never has been i guess thats just the way it goes.

anyway im not concerened about numbers just weather or not its going ahead so thanks for getting the info up Nick. ill get the couple of entries in asap. ill also make sure DT had my current email as i didnt get the group info.

Oh and josh. pleas dont bring a better car. i think you with a handy cap makes a much more even playing field.

i cant wait for symmons in a real car, haha had fun at the practice day but the laurel isnt the ideal drift car

Fix the h/brake then :P , i will donate cables to the cause (i'm pretty sure i have what is needed to fix it ) ph34r.gif

It's too expensive that's the issue. No one wants to give it a go cause it costs so damn much. Or so the common complaint I hear goes.

Tandem runs scare the shit out of noobs and yet they have to pay for a CAMS day when they don't want to run tandems. Bring back the good old days where everyone went 1 run at a time and the price was reasonable to do so.

Or not I don't really care. But it would help get more people there is it was cheaper.

That's what practice days are for. I wouldn't complain iv been traveling over there for the last 2 rounds from Melbourne because you guys have it soo good. Tassie drift ftw :)

It's too expensive that's the issue. No one wants to give it a go cause it costs so damn much. Or so the common complaint I hear goes.

Tandem runs scare the shit out of noobs and yet they have to pay for a CAMS day when they don't want to run tandems. Bring back the good old days where everyone went 1 run at a time and the price was reasonable to do so.

Or not I don't really care. But it would help get more people there is it was cheaper.

Since drifting has been allowed on Tasmanian tracks since 2005 and the "price increase" would be lucky if it was $20.

CAMS run days wont just stop (nor should they) and if they did the small decrease (if any) for a practice day entry fee is void as you end then are stuck with "single car runs" as you say.

There is no reason or excuse stopping you from getting out there and having ago other than the excuses you choose to make. No one is making you run tandem BUT the option IS there to do so (and that is where you will learn) if you want to get out and have a crack at a practice day and dont feel confident in tandem runs then say so and Im sure that the Drifting Tasmanian committee/community will do anything & everything they can to accommodate you like they have from the very beginning.

Wolf, its not up to us, if we could run non cams days we would, but the track owners are making us pay the increase in track fees and therefore making all drivers have to pays the cams license.

Edit GMB beat me to it

Anyone who says its too exensive. Harden up. If you have a decent car and you want to drift it, pretty sure you have more than 250 dollers to your name. That will cover your entry fee and cams licence and club membership.

Tasmania has THE best drift community and series in australia. Driftings not all about going around the track. Its about getting there, the journey to the track, the hype with your mates, building your car to be as good as you can, using someones elses using ideas you stole off them and making it better, or doing it on such a tight budget and still showing the big doller boys whos boss. Its about all your mates putting in at the last minute to get one bloke out to the track who had some real bad luck. Its talking shit making everyone pumped and lifting there game! Its fixing your mates car, or the bloke you just met, in the 5 minutes between battles. Its the afterparty and the trophies full of beer/vodka/whisky all mixed together. Its sitting back at a bbq and watching rerun after rerun on video with your mates talking it up, and knocking dents out between beers.

Everyone who DOESNT drift or crew wouldnt know this. Because, for one reason or another, they keep making excuses.

I dont have any cars or anything anymore due to a large fire on the long weekend, AND ILL STILL BUST A SKID ON JULY 2ND THANKS TO ALL MY MATES AND THE DRIFTING TAS FAMILY!

If you have a car you claim is a sweet drift rig on the street, there is no reason you shouldnt be out there.

well said disco

if prac days go back to single car runs it would be the biggest fail ever, if your a noob and scared just back off and give the other guy some space its very easy lol

dave you forgot to mention standing on the hill and jawing off about how much better you are than the rest of tasmania

yeah thats the shit dave, HTS morals lol

Ive done the last few drift days for around $350 thats entry fee, fuel and tyres and ive got a 5th and 6th those times, Cant afford it is just a limp dick excuse you prob need to get a job

wow i just read 1 run at a time HAHA Id be embarrassed to be a drifter if it went back that way. gay

Next time those people say that, tell them to look up an entry fee for ANYWHERE else in Australia. Then when they realise that the price of a Tassie event is very reasonable, show them how much more track time a Tassie event has and watch their jaw slap the ground.

Ill be at round three, jawing, driving and probably yelling at my GF.

pretty keen to come down to tas for a look see one day tongue.gif

one day? , there's a calendar on this forum somewhere to help you pick which day :P:)

Anyone who says its too exensive. Harden up. If you have a decent car and you want to drift it, pretty sure you have more than 250 dollers to your name. That will cover your entry fee and cams licence and club membership.

Tasmania has THE best drift community and series in australia. Driftings not all about going around the track. Its about getting there, the journey to the track, the hype with your mates, building your car to be as good as you can, using someones elses using ideas you stole off them and making it better, or doing it on such a tight budget and still showing the big doller boys whos boss. Its about all your mates putting in at the last minute to get one bloke out to the track who had some real bad luck. Its talking shit making everyone pumped and lifting there game! Its fixing your mates car, or the bloke you just met, in the 5 minutes between battles. Its the afterparty and the trophies full of beer/vodka/whisky all mixed together. Its sitting back at a bbq and watching rerun after rerun on video with your mates talking it up, and knocking dents out between beers.

Everyone who DOESNT drift or crew wouldnt know this. Because, for one reason or another, they keep making excuses.

I dont have any cars or anything anymore due to a large fire on the long weekend, AND ILL STILL BUST A SKID ON JULY 2ND THANKS TO ALL MY MATES AND THE DRIFTING TAS FAMILY!

If you have a car you claim is a sweet drift rig on the street, there is no reason you shouldnt be out there.

winnah!

yeah thats the shit dave, HTS morals lol

Ive done the last few drift days for around $350 thats entry fee, fuel and tyres and ive got a 5th and 6th those times, Cant afford it is just a limp dick excuse you prob need to get a job

i suck :( , i'll be back soon though! ph34r.gifw00t2.gif

get simon house a sponsored drive and a few others might just pop out of the woodwork!

someone donate a turbo for my bus and housy can drive it. ive heard he brakes into a rash when driving 32s thoe.

Does anyone have any 5 stud skid rims I can loan? I'm keen as fark to enter but only have stock rims for the back...

someone donate a turbo for my bus and housy can drive it. ive heard he brakes into a rash when driving 32s thoe.

T51....? lol

nearly got my new parts so when I slide my car won't just roll over. Not many do the trip to the track better than the HTS crew either :P Or the trip home, although I don't think nudity in bottleshops is really permitted but what evs

can we get an entry list for this round??

ohh you know it, HTS will be rockin it out at round 3...double the strength then round 2 lol

Does anyone have any 5 stud skid rims I can loan? I'm keen as fark to enter but only have stock rims for the back...

i have 2 pair of 17x9.5 origin DNA 02 wheels for sale, mint tyres...1k firm if interested

can we get an entry list for this round??

YEAH - WHAT HE SAID /\