Sign in to follow this  
innuendo

Bogan Neighbours & loud music

What can be done (legally) about bogan neighbours with constant loud music?

A group of late teen/early 20's dropouts moved in to a rental a few months ago just down the street - I guess $300/week split 10 ways still leaves them with enough of a dole payment for beer and drugs <_>

Pretty much ever since we get 6 to 8 hours a day, 7 days a week of so much bass that we can clearly hear it in our house - even while watching TV in the lounge room at our normal listening levels. I can even hear it now in the pouring rain we have at the moment! So you can imagine what its like trying to sit outside on a nice quite afternoon.

Fortunately the music is generally only during the day and early evening, but it's still as annoying as hell. If it was the odd loud party I wouldn't really care, but the fact it is every friggen day is sending me (and more so my wife) insane.

I'm guessing the police and council are going to be useless, and as tempting as pulling their main fuse out and smashing it with a hammer is, I really don't want to start a public sh*t fight with them - since I work all day, and they have nothing better to do than sit around drinking, I know who is going to win that battle.

The only good idea I have found so far it getting on to their rental agent and seeing what they can do about it.

You might be able to get them for noise pollution, if its over the threshold.

Other than that if you have a mate in a abattoir just keep leaving bloody cows heads on there property. :lol:

Other than that if you have a mate in a abattoir just keep leaving bloody cows heads on there property. :lol:

this.

I work in rentals and best bet is to tell the police and keep making reports. If it's all inside the legal guide lines the agent can't do anything, if your lucky maybe the agent will breach them for noise but it takes a lot to get someone evicted and most agent won't bother as it's time that is better spent keep land lords and tenants happy rather than tryingto please people who don't add any money to the business. With police reports however orcouncil reports/letters the agent will be forces to do something and once you can prove a breach it's easy to put pressure on the agent and have them do something.

I'm pretty sure police reports aren't going to do anything, if it was loud music at night maybe - but since this just constant bass, its basically the same volume at their front fence as it is in our lounge room - not loud enough to really register huge numbers on a DB meter, but loud enough to slowly drive you insane.

I would just go have a friendly chat with them... with a bit of luck they would be nice about it and just turn the bass down a notch. But I get the feeling they are more likely to take offence, and ill be coming home to a trashed garden each day. Since they are renting and I'm an owner, I'm the only one with anything to loose here if it escalates. Ill be paying more in stamp duty and fees to move away from them than they are probably ever going to earn in their lives... and who knows, the next neighbours could be just as bad.

Pretty sure no one ever looks at that list, cost money to put someone on it and pretty sure you need a vcat order or equivalent(don't quote me on that).

Go speak to them you'd be surprised but don't go over threatening and complaining just have a chat and ask if they could turn it down. I had something like this but the poor tenant just had a nut job living next door. After talking to the tenant they ditched the sub... Nut wasn't happy but that's another story. All I'm saying is it can't hurt to ask if it's asking nicely and chances are they'll settle down eventually it's generally just the initial freedom and once they get used to it it'll settle down.

lay a steamer on their lawn every morning till they stop being dick headsthumbsup.gif

our neighbours do this too.

my retaliation... i blast my death core music as loud as the theatre room speakers will go hahahaha

they usually stop within 10 minutes

probs not the best way, but it works

Just call the cops man, simple. Your neighbors will probably keep turning the music up etc, but just keep calling the cops back (police will get annoyed when they have to keep coming back to shut them up).

I had some drunk asshole neighbor once, called the cops 3 times on him in one night. He shut the f**k up after then for sure.

break in, puncture their woofers, sleep, profit

Lol this is the best solution so far.

i used to play music at a loudish volume when i first started renting.. u know when ur listening to music and having fun.. one neighbour had balls (most neighbours have no balls ive noticed) to knock on my door and ask if i could turn the bass down as it was travelling through the walls, the volume itself wasnt too bad.. i turned it down, asked him if thats 'good enough', he said its fine.. no further issues.

if you dont ask, you wont have the possibility of an easy solution.

Ask once nicely, if not, call the local cop shop.

Go ask to turn down music if that don't work throw a length of wire with two rocks joined to it over power lines good for a few hours shut eye

i used to play music at a loudish volume when i first started renting.. u know when ur listening to music and having fun.. one neighbour had balls (most neighbours have no balls ive noticed) to knock on my door and ask if i could turn the bass down as it was travelling through the walls, the volume itself wasnt too bad.. i turned it down, asked him if thats 'good enough', he said its fine.. no further issues.

if you dont ask, you wont have the possibility of an easy solution.

Ask once nicely, if not, call the local cop shop.

agreed

try asking first

if he still doesnt turn it down then ill be calling the cops

or be gangsta and do a drive by :lol: only joking

Murder them in their sleep, less dole payments that my tax goes to, win win.

Get ur scariest mate to go ask them to turn it down. Get him to say something like 'boys I work night shift I have a kid and this won't cut it everyday' he has to keep it nice and short as it will create that psycho scary guy illusion. Make sure his eyes are red and irritated looking

Have you asked them to turn it down yet? Or did you post straight up on here?

Go bail someone outta jail, then there not even known to you.

I wouldn't far them though. Like u said they have all day to f**k with your house

If you go ask them, they don't comply and you go to the cops then they will know who complained and if they're as scummy as you say they are they'll probably trash something of yours....

If you go ask them, they don't comply and you go to the cops then they will know who complained and if they're as scummy as you say they are they'll probably trash something of yours....

I agree with typevu, dont shit in your nest. just call the cops in QLD cops come around park out the front listen and if its too loud they go and speak to them.

Even if you have to bs a little and say there is a party or bottle smashed or something

drop a massive skid on their lawn:p

You shouldn't need to ask them to turn it down if they are being consistent f**kwits

Get ur scariest mate to go ask them to turn it down. Get him to say something like 'boys I work night shift I have a kid and this won't cut it everyday' he has to keep it nice and short as it will create that psycho scary guy illusion. Make sure his eyes are red and irritated looking

This! +1

It doesnt matter on time of day etc for the cops to fine them for noise pollution. If you keep calling it in and they keep turning it back up they'll wear some fines. It doesnt matter when/what if its disturbing people living in the vicinity, which it obviously is. its the best way if they tell you where to go when you ask.

I've only ever called the cops once about loud music, it was from 2 houses down and my windows were vibrating from bass at 3am. I went down there and asked nicely and got the usual drunk "nah man its a party" response. After giving the morons there a nice mouthful i called the cops, felt like a bitch but 15 mins later music was off and the cop called me to say they copped a $300 fine for it since they had a chance when i asked them to turn it down. It was either that or me throwing a bucket of water over their power board....

It takes 2 mins to make a call and i'm assuming cops wouldnt care because it would be an easy fine and they'd just get to it when they've got time. Plus if theyre dodgy neighbours will keep them on their toes.

walk to a payphone & make a few anonymous tip-offs of suspicious behaviour/shifty looking people to this number 1800 1234 00 over the next couple of days

http://www.ema.gov.a...ecurity_Hotline

followed by a few of calls to this number 1800 333 000 mention heaps of people/cars coming & going at all hours day & night only stopping for a couple of minutes + mention the loud music, this should either shut them up or even better move them on so they're someone else's problem.

http://www.crimestoppers.com.au/cs/home.jsp