Sign in to follow this  
beamboy

Old School BMX

I used to race BMX many years ago and it was my life back then. I had some pretty cool bikes. There is nothing like the 80's old school BMX's in my opinion. The bike had character and were something special with CR-MO frames and quality parts.

What have you guys owned or what do you currently own? Post pics, talk about it!

Some bikes I owned:

Diamondback Formula one (1984)

100_4240.jpg

GT California

GT_before.jpg

Just got hold of a BMX that I always wanted back in the day. These bikes were such an icon.

Old School SE Racing PK Ripper loop tail. People are getting hold of these old bikes and keeping them locked up in the garage for display only. I keep mine in my bedroom but get out on it a few time times a week. PICS below.

web.jpg?ver=13086370060001

web.jpg?ver=13086369880001

web.jpg?ver=13086369970001

web.jpg?ver=13086370130001

web.jpg?ver=13086370220001

web.jpg?ver=13086370350001

web.jpg?ver=13086370420001

web.jpg?ver=13086370510001

web.jpg?ver=13086370610001

web.jpg?ver=13086370700001

i ride a bike that isn't from back in the day because i prefer bikes that don't break every time i ride them..

i ride a bike that isn't from back in the day because i prefer bikes that don't break every time i ride them..

are you a fat c^nt?

Love the bikes i use to have a diamondback :)

are you a fat c^nt?

HA HAA - funny shit, must be beefcake!!!

What type of Diamondback did you have?

are you a fat c^nt?

i challenge you to ride a bike the same way i ride with an aluminium frame, unsealed/non-integrated headset, 1/2 piece unsealed cranks, 1 inch shafted stem and shitty wheels/hubs.

it would break straight away, trust me.

i also had a diamonback for my first bike, it was awesome. heavy, but awesome.

i challenge you to ride a bike the same way i ride with an aluminium frame, unsealed/non-integrated headset, 1/2 piece unsealed cranks, 1 inch shafted stem and shitty wheels/hubs.

haha +1 here.

that said i still have my original hutch bmx bike from back in the day... and that PK ripper is boss. id never ride one tho haha

haha +1 here.

that said i still have my original hutch bmx bike from back in the day... and that PK ripper is boss. id never ride one tho haha

Hutch are the goods. What type is it?

Pk rippers were the gear when i used to race, then gt boxter's came out. I had two haro's a chromoly ci and an aluminium ali, then got more keen on trails and street and got a dk 8 pack, then a 2-hip sub then an fbm night train 2 which i still ride haha. You guys still ride?

i still ride.

actually is the reason i'm selling my gtr to get an m35, more room and less defectable for driving to spots/roadtrips haha.

i ride a colony now though, got an s&m in the shed but it's a bit long and my mate rides for colony so i just use all his stuff for free haha.

I had a Dennis McCoy signature TNT bmx awhile back. awesome piece of bike. The workmanship on it was unreal. The only thing I didn't like about it was it's weight.

I can't find pictures of the model anywhere on the net, and I never took any pics either :(

Got a '98-spec Mongoose Hooligan in the shed. 3-spoke, black plastic wheels, gum-wall tyres, front and rear pegs. All the usual free-style/street shit. Never saw much ramp, but got a fair bit of street use when I lost my license a few years back.

PICS man, put them up

New school 97 hoffman flash.

Nice bike, looks tough as....

GOLD, i have a 97 hoffman condor up in the shed (the one with the purple flames) i'll get some pics now. used to race it, was the club champ in my age group 2 years in a row on it :lol: weighs a fkn ton.

got a old mcneil ruben i never ride too.

Awesome nostalgic bikes haha

but as wpn said hands down if i frontflip that bike its gonne be in more than 2 pieces

I had a haro..

And a GT.. which i left outside for 1 min, came out and it was gone.

That was the bike of my life, light as a feather, could hold it with a finger.. literally.

I remember back in the day when I done some track riding in it.

It was my first bike that made me feel confident to tackle a table top, was huge, cleared it perfectly with a tail whip.

Tried to do a 360 spin on it and ended up doing a 90, and stacked it hard hahaha.

i use to have the piston bully then got the piston pro, had everything bash plate etc thats was like the bees nees to me and my mates lol

Ive still got one of these bad boys sitting in the shed.

024_copy31_blowup.jpg

i used to want a 600$ bmx then i got over it, my cousin had a mad mongoose opne and used to buy/steal parts and everything. i guess once u start driving bikes go down the drain

I used to have a redline from 85 back when I was a little tike. I got it for my 5th bday in 86, loved it to bits. Now I have a kink gap xl

I had 2x motivators, were both from brand new and lasted for ages but had to keep 180'n the bars to bend the forks back on tree trunks to keep it all straight on em haha

Had an expert for my last bike but left it out a cople nights and it was gone

That super goose is the shit. Same series of my 2nd motivator, and a perfect balanced bike.

4130 20' flash from back in the day, now ride a 2010 kink Doyle, signed by Chris Doyle, all stock plus éclat cranks. I'll find a pic somewhere if I can, hey kranze, who from colony? Coops?

My old BMX Cruisader. Had it for years after it was pulled off a hard rubbish pile.

Now my summer cruiser cool.gif thinking i might re-spray, re-sticker, new chrome and fix the crank etc when i get round to it.

DSC00082.jpg

4130 20' flash from back in the day, now ride a 2010 kink Doyle, signed by Chris Doyle, all stock plus éclat cranks. I'll find a pic somewhere if I can, hey kranze, who from colony? Coops?

this guy, Liam Z:

liam_zingbergs_icenose_byojam.gif

I always wanted a red line in the late 80's but never got one no.gif

Ah that guy, I think he might be mate's with my mate Nate.

Ah that guy, I think he might be mate's with my mate Nate.

are u a rapper