Sign in to follow this  
STR8E180

FAIL FAB

nah believe thats a repost.. some one had that "fixed" after it cracked at the flange.. they didnt do a good job.

Edited by R32GTRS

i pulled this manifold off a S5 rx-7 a few years ago, did a garage cleanout today and come accross it again, i have no idea who made it but probley maz-fix? hahaha.

2d55eeaa.jpg

a78de93e.jpg

5b66f556.jpg

70be5632.jpg

d463c74e.jpg

fcab2151.jpg

me and a mate made this, tbh i think its ugly but it works,

i have a vidoe of it finished and running if anyoens interested

IMG_0145Medium.jpg

Edited by born2xlr8

me and a mate made this, tbh i think its ugly but it works,

i have a vidoe of it finished and running if anyoens interested

IMG_0145Medium.jpg

vid???

vid???

u know what we have a tiny bit mroe to do to it, to get it realy running great, so after thats done in the next few days ill start a build thead for it, but ill try to upload one of the older vids of it firing up

Was a case oh having some turbos and an old engine laying about, We built it inside a lj torana front cut just incase we end up putting it in my mates lj 4 door

Lol looks sweet, as long as it works right???

How does it fit inside the panels? Looks like your piping pokes out heaps.

Yea fits in sweet. Like i said was fabd completly inside a front cut so everything fits perfect, only issue were gonna get is heat soak into the bonnet as theres only like 30mm from the ex manifold

put the steel down and step away for the welder... and never pick it up again... i swear some of these people just need to let the professionals do it...

Xr6 ON the weekend ( drift day ) Had a manifold all migged together Hmmmmmmmm

Was quite UGLY

put the steel down and step away for the welder... and never pick it up again... i swear some of these people just need to let the professionals do it...

mate every one has to start some where, at least they are giving it a go

im sure they have all improved

+1 fark everybody does some shit welds, and thats how you learn. i'll lend you my mig and see how well you do your first couple of times.

Saw a job I did with stick 2 years ago last week

Yuuuuk

Edited by Abe2

+1 fark everybody does some shit welds, and thats how you learn. i'll lend you my mig and see how well you do your first couple of times.

um dude im a welder by trade... I think i know what im talking bout... And ive worked with 4th year aprentices that still cant weld... And my first time welding went very well actually... This stuff is just ridiculous... Looks like they have picked up a welder... Left it on wat ever setting it was on and forgot to turn on the gas... And then even though the first weld was shit they said oh well f**k it and went ahead and welded the whole thing... Der if it looked like shit the first time its gunna look shit the next 20 times...

Well it is called "FAIL FAB" dude. We all just here for a laugh.

Well it is called "FAIL FAB" dude. We all just here for a laugh.

yeah i was having a laugh till everyone else decided to make it serious... So stick that up ya crack pipe...

dudes stress less, i know its shonky, thats why its done in a backyard shed, point is it works and is ugly, probably doesnt flow well and i prob got more wire in the mani than air, but in a few weeks ill have a dyno sheet and 1/4 time to go with it, so :P lol