Sign in to follow this  
koguchi

Koguchis's picture thread

Went back today for another shoot. I am pleased with the progress from the first few shots with the wide angle lens to the most recent shots.

I have learnt a lot in the last week.

frontkz.jpg

bedroom0.jpg

bedroom2w.jpg

entryb.jpg

livingroom1n.jpg

livingroom2c.jpg

bathroom2j.jpg

Another play around shot.

front5di.jpg

back2ji.jpg

Edited by koguchi

I cant remember his name. I will see if I can dig it up.

Edit: This guy: http://mpkelley.com/

Check him out and his blog. He posts some great tips.

You have improved tremendously. Can see a big improvement already. The interior shots are awesome :) The outside shots look great as well, but not a fan of the blodgy bits.

Holy jebus that site is awesome, bookmarked* thanks for that, thanks for the positive words too :D

I get to photograph definatley 1, possibly 2 other houses this coming week, should be good to have some variety.

Yeh the blodgy bits are a bit odd haha, It will take some practice to replicate real lights...or possibly never be able to replace the real deal :P

I have always been a fan of the super crisp white colour interior shots, but Michael Kelleys have so much depth and colour, it's amazing.

It's also nice to see the before and after shots to see what is achieveable during processing.

Edited by koguchi

I beleive the before and after is due to him using external flashes and combining the pictures, but off course a bit of processing involved.

Keep at it mate you will get there.

I think he also has a blog somewhere that explains how he lights it and what he uses. It was on the POTN forums. You joined up there yet? Best canon forum in the world.

love it mate!

MPKelly is only our age as well and has heaps of great tips for real estate photography on his website. Blends something crazy!

Love the last set you've done, definitely an improvement.

Keep up the good work mate and practice makes perfect!

Here are some shots from a shoot I did today as more practice at another property, I am really pleased with how most of these turned out.

I am still not using a flash at the moment, I am trying to get the most out of natural lighting, and this time around I did not go overboard trying to make everything white etc, tried to let the natual colours do their work.

kitchenua.jpg

kitchen2m.jpg

livingroom1u.jpg

livingroom2e.jpg

kitcthen3.jpg

bedroom2x.jpg

I am a little dissapointed I didnt notice the matt hanging over the glass untill I got home, but I guess from these mistakes I will learn.

bathroom1p.jpg

decka.jpg

bookroom1.jpg

Edited by koguchi

Looking good... works getting better!

M

Went back at dusk to see how different the images would come out.

frontgs.jpg

frontdirect.jpg

kitchenl.jpg

bookroom.jpg

Not as dramatic difference as I had hoped.

just note the outside in the last shots looks tooo dark...

almost need to lighten that section...

M

aww bugger, I deliberatley made them darker haha. Noted*

More like this? it is still slightly darker than the original...perhaps I am trying to make it too obvious that it was dark'ish outside?

bookroom2.jpg

Edited by koguchi

i think it would be better if it looked like daylight out side... as people who view this sort of stuff generally dont understand what you have done to take this...

M

Alright I will definatley keep that in mind, I really appreciate CC..as noted before, it really helps.

I am a little excited for the coming week, I have mass emailed a bunch of builders of 51 homes at a local display village to get permission to photograph their houses, some are saying yes, some are saying no...but hey, even if only a few say yes, thats a fair few houses I get to practice on.

A friend of the family also mentoined I could shoot his classic corvettes and his boats...should be a nice contrast of subjects..

My remote transmitter and receiver arrive soon too, so I will get a chance to experiment with strobe placement :woot:

Apart from that, the next thing I want to practice is to try and move away from the overuse of HDR and over processed shots a little bit and see if I can get some really crisp, strobe lit shots.

Edited by koguchi

I have been a little quiet latley, however, still out there taking pics and practicing. With this shoot I had no option to go back if I made mistakes, but I was still able to take my time.

Anyone know of a better image host? imageshack.us seems to be taking some image quality away when uploading.

79597543.jpg

1616d.jpg

1414o.jpg

1313y.jpg

1111ex.jpg

93726223.jpg

1212ld.jpg

64895685.jpg

81524055.jpg

36584905.jpg

Edited by koguchi

they are looking good!!!

M

Massive improvment dude. Keep at it and I might just have some work for you.

Get your own web server/hosting and upload it there. Will be so much better :) Plus you can have an online portfolio.

Hey mate, just seen this thread so thought i would take a look, im a bit of a fan of photography myself, i also live in the isa and liked all your shots, you make the place look nice haha. Keep up the good work consider me subscribed!! :)

I have not posted images for a while, still taking photos though.

Here are some of the images from my tassie trip

Playing around with typeface letter forms, been really busy with college..lots to learn but I am loving it.

resize2t.jpg

welcometotas.jpg

homerq.jpg

Edited by koguchi

^^ I love those... did you use Photoshop for the letters? or another program?

Just checked out your website and looking at your packages. They seem cheap or is that normal price?

Hows all the real estate stuff going?

Yeah those prices are pretty damn cheap in comparrison to places that are not a one man army :D

I'm not sure how I feel about how the situation panned out, but just before I went to start mailouts and seeing real estate agencys I had a look into going back to college, then after looking into it decided it might be best to go do an adv dip in visual communication full time then see where I am at the end of it and go from there.

last thing I wanted to do was go out and get clients, then make bad ammature mistakes and soil my name...so hopefully its for the best.

So far the decision seems to be the right one!

Edited by koguchi