Sign in to follow this  
DTK

First Time Paint Work Help

I thought it was gonna turn out like horse shit. Especially considering he didn't mention prep work at all.

Thanks everyone :) pretty happy with the result my self, it needs a final 2000 and a polish but its come out well for a home job :P

Haters always be hating, always good to prove someone wrong ;)

Prep work surprisingly was about the only thing I knew how to do, its all about the prep work. Definitely appreciate people who do this as a profession

but if you have the time/patience damn its a good learing experience :) Only thing I didn't mention is, definitely have 2 filters on your air line, one big one at the tank and another at the gun :)

I didn't run into any problems but I can see how people could in warmer conditions.

Far out, gj with the painting but i think more credit is due for having the patience to deal with all the blokes on their periods in here.

well done for actually completing it yourself, most people on here never even get around to doing it. my comment about the picture... I meant all you can really see in the picture is that the body is orange and the bonnet black and that its very flat doesnt appear to be very glossy at all was that what you wanted? is it buffed? its easy to say fk the haters and all the rest but people are seriously just trying to help you get the best DIY results. If you're happy with the job you've done thats all that matters.

Edited by R32GTRS

well done for actually completing it yourself, most people on here never even get around to doing it. my comment about the picture... I meant all you can really see in the picture is that the body is orange and the bonnet black and that its very flat doesnt appear to be very glossy at all was that what you wanted? is it buffed? its easy to say fk the haters and all the rest but people are seriously just trying to help you get the best DIY results. If you're happy with the job you've done thats all that matters.

he still needs to colour sand it and buff, should look the duck's-nuts after that (Im in the middle of painting mine too and looks dull unless I coloursand and buff- tried on a spot and looks 10x better than off the gun).

ahh he's already driving it so thought that was it. :thumbsup:

Nah its all good mate :) Yeah it hasn't been buffed yet, that 1st photo that I put up doesn't do much for the car, the 2nd photo with me in the car is more of a real representation of how it looks, and considering its not buffed yet its pretty vibrant in real life. Haven't gotten around to the buffing yet due to a track practice day last weekend, in which I had a found out my motor was shagged. Crank was cracked. Ended up doing a full engine replacement the night before and finished up around 1am that morning. With any luck I'll get a change to buff it in the next week or so

I know not the best situation to drive it then buff it but there's not much I could do at the time

Thanks all for the :thumb: I'm definitely glad I saw this paint job through

Should post some pics of it in the sun so we can see how it really looks.