Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bish

Google+

been seeing alot about this im keen to check it out someone hook me up with an invite, my email should be on here

also mark zuckerburg has an account 8)

it is a fake... Funny as hell but a fake ;)

I'm already reading on other sites lots of companies are linking their google+ groups

that was f**king quick!

Who can I PM for an invite? I was on gmail back when everyone only had 15 invites to send people. pretty interested in seeing this.

I got a bunch more PMs overnight. Guess I should have updated the 1st post with the fact it doesn't work for me now! :lol:

Ah well, I'll give it another try with these guys and see what happens.

damn it looks pretty cool, but i missed out now i think

it doesnt seem to work for me now :/

thanks anyways jimmy

dammit. wouldn't mind an invite. if anyone still can then hook us up thumbsup.gif

I just hope everyone catches on and starts using it. I personally dont think they will. The good thing about facebook is that 99% of your friends are on it. I don't see a point in using it if all of my friends arent using it. I cant see too many of my friends using it as most of them aren't really the geek type like us, and will just stick to what they know.... but here's hoping!

if some one is willing and able to invite me please let me know so i can pm you my email ;)

Same here...

drenbeck@internode.on.net

Cheers :)

I just hope everyone catches on and starts using it. I personally dont think they will. The good thing about facebook is that 99% of your friends are on it. I don't see a point in using it if all of my friends arent using it. I cant see too many of my friends using it as most of them aren't really the geek type like us, and will just stick to what they know.... but here's hoping!

It's hard to say. The beta's proving to be incredibly popular at the moment. I'm up to 37 friends and my feed is already as active (if not more active) than my Facebook news feed.

I reckon it'll pull a lot of Gmail users in, as a minimum. Android users will probably follow as well, since the Facebook app for Android is severely broken and barely supported (there's talk of FB launching an HTML5 web app soon to rectify this).

Being that Google+ is actually more like Twitter than Facebook, it may grab a healthy amount of users from both and survive alongside the others. For that, celebrities and businesses will have to get onboard so the users can follow. Given that the celebrity is able to have the 1 profile for both private communication with friends and family, as well as public announcements for their followers, I can see it catching on.

But yeah, we won't know anything until invites aren't necessary and it's launched properly.

just got home, just tested the invite trick... still works :)

So you won't make a FB account but you'll make a Google+ one :P

I see this as a trend for some people haha.

Truth be told, I probably won't use it :lol:

I just like new tech. Been kinda following what google have been doing and seeing how this all fits in is interesting. Both from a personal point of view and a business perspective.

I got your invite but it said "Google+ is in limited Field Trial

At the moment, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure that you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people."

So I left my email on there.

I remember google doing this with gmail, making it invite only for a while. I reckon it makes people want in more because it feels like a super secret club :shades:

I dont understand the process of adding people... I've added 3 people to a circle, 1 of which invited me to google+, and the other 2 dont have it. I thought it would send them and invite or something when I did it. What's the point of them being in my circle when they dont have it? If I make a status update, is it going to email it to them (which I wouldnt want happening)

I dont understand the process of adding people... I've added 3 people to a circle, 1 of which invited me to google+, and the other 2 dont have it. I thought it would send them and invite or something when I did it. What's the point of them being in my circle when they dont have it? If I make a status update, is it going to email it to them (which I wouldnt want happening)

When you have an email address in a circle, and you post an update targeting that circle that includes the address, you get a tickbox with "also email 1 person not yet using Google+".

Basically, it means you have the option of using the circles as email distribution lists as well.

Managed to get an invite.... currently have one friend.... bawwwww.

Cheers Jimmy, unfortunately i didn't get there in time :P

When you have an email address in a circle, and you post an update targeting that circle that includes the address, you get a tickbox with "also email 1 person not yet using Google+".

Basically, it means you have the option of using the circles as email distribution lists as well.

Ahhh I see... :thumbsup:

It's already asking me to sign in with my google account but on my POS iPhone safari crashes whenever I go to any xxxx.google.com page. even google.com crashes safari every time >.

It's already asking me to sign in with my google account but on my POS iPhone safari crashes whenever I go to any xxxx.google.com page. even google.com crashes safari every time >.

lol, should get an Android

Oh no i didn't! :P

Seriously though, i'm surprised at how many people 'want in' already.. Anyone know when the 'release' date is for Google+

Seriously though, i'm surprised at how many people 'want in' already.. Anyone know when the 'release' date is for Google+

I want android. But in a good phone. My girlfriends HTC Desire HD sucks. Goes flat all the time, super slow, and she doesn't do anything but play angry birds and facebook on it.

Lol "all she does" is angry birds and fac book, games and internet are the two biggest battery killers wouldn't matter why phone you had it wouldn't last a day doing that all day

Who can I pm for an invite?

Can anyone still send invites? Let me know and I'll rtf with a sweet ass

DonkeyFinal.jpg

Edited by Flying180
Posted picture so as to not have to follow link lol

The invite I got off Jimmy doesnt work :(

I want android. But in a good phone. My girlfriends HTC Desire HD sucks. Goes flat all the time, super slow, and she doesn't do anything but play angry birds and facebook on it.

Yeah i know what you mean. I've got the HTC Desire and the battery time sucks arse. However, that's why i have 3 spare batteries and 3 charges (1 in car, 1 at home, 1 at work) lol.

Angry Birds kills battery time on anything. I got rid of Angry birds and my operational time doubled LOL. Same with Internet. I'm always using my Desire tethered to my laptop for internet, so i only get about 8hrs use. Easy to plug a power cord into the USB though!

not to turn this into a HTC Desire thread but i've agreed to temporarily swap with her to give android a go. i'm finding typing a pain in the ass. i'm stupidly quick on the iphone but i constantly have to correct the auto corrections on this thing.

HOW THE SHIT DO YOU TURN OFF THE VIBRATION?? so annoying that it vibrates every time you touch the thing. gotta be a battery killer.

On topic: looks like they've reached capacity for this first trial run they're doing :(

not to turn this into a HTC Desire thread but i've agreed to temporarily swap with her to give android a go. i'm finding typing a pain in the ass. i'm stupidly quick on the iphone but i constantly have to correct the auto corrections on this thing.

HOW THE SHIT DO YOU TURN OFF THE VIBRATION?? so annoying that it vibrates every time you touch the thing. gotta be a battery killer.

On topic: looks like they've reached capacity for this first trial run they're doing :(

Get Swift or swipe app. Turn off vibration in message settings. thumbsup.gif

all invites are shut off now... so there is no point in asking.

All you can do is google "google plus" and put your name down for when they release more spots.

you can find people outside of gmail accounts but you have to have a gmail account to use google plus features

that's from a little experimenting when invites where working.

Got an invite off sammy dingo today... Will check it out tonight

Welcome :shades:

Im really liking it so far.

Its a little quiet but that will change over time as more and more people get invited and it opens up.

Its a little quiet but that will change over time as more and more people get invited and it opens up.

I do agree... I don't think we will really know the true power of it till they open the gates and allow more sign ups.

Are you able to set your account to require approval before you're added to peoples circles? Don't get me wrong... I've been fine with the people adding me, but I didn't have to approve them, so who says anyone can add me who I don't want?

I do agree... I don't think we will really know the true power of it till they open the gates and allow more sign ups.

Are you able to set your account to require approval before you're added to peoples circles? Don't get me wrong... I've been fine with the people adding me, but I didn't have to approve them, so who says anyone can add me who I don't want?

No, same as Twitter. They'll only see the things you want to share publicly. If you target any, or all of your circles, those people won't see the posts. You can also easily choose how much of your profile the public sees.