Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

ACT workshops, tuners, paint n panel, rego, etc

You won't find anywhere here that will sell a widebody kit at a decent price. JRacing might have a widebody kit for a 180 but it will cost you thousands to fit and paint as they're a rip-off.

Heaps of different companies make 30mm vented guards & 50mm rear overfenders or do you want bigger than that?

Basicly if i cant find a 180 with a nice kit im buying stock and considering buying kit and paint job but i want something similar to this.

6332291.jpg

That's a BN blister kit

a man of his knowledge haha, whats the pricing of one of those kits ?

Edited by Jcook

^^

as far as i know you can't buy genuine bn stuff in australia, theres probably copy kits available though if your not worried about having to make it fit

Anyone know a good place to take my shell to see if the chassis is straight?

That's a BN blister kit

a man of his knowledge haha, whats the pricing of one of those kits ?

Not really, I just found the add on carsales after I saw the watermark in the photo - the add lists it as a BN blister kit :)

Viva Garage in Adelaide might make copies of it, or Empire Aero in Qld. Give them a try.

Anyone know a good place to take my shell to see if the chassis is straight?

David Hand Smash Repairs in Fyshwick pulled my chassis straight and boxed the k-frame brackets for extra strength for only $1100. My rails was bent up approx 2 inches and everything was all out of alignment.

hey guys just wondering were i should go for getting body kits / a super widebody on a 180

a super widebody lol?? looks like 50mm n 30mm to me.

hey guys just wondering were i should go for getting body kits / a super widebody on a 180

a super widebody lol?? looks like 50mm n 30mm to me.

that's what I thought Danny, then checked the add on carsales - BN blister kit, it's phat as phuck.

nice :) im getting 50mm front and 70mm rear fenders.

On another note ive had further dealings with Jesse Streeter and he is once again doing a great job.

I'd recomend talking to Naz from KMF (http://www.kustommotorfinishes.com.au/). He is located directly across from ESP. He has done plenty of work including summernats cars, Boostn hilux and many more. He even works on ferrari!

The g/f is getting an insurance job done through him - the exhaust place we took the car too nudged something in their workhop, cracking the front bar and flexing the RHS guard.

Other than David Hand Smash Repairs, anyone know any other good smash repairers in fyshwick that i can get a quote from to get some damage fixed, someone decided to reverse into the front of my car :(

Afternoon Guys

Looking to find a workshop to do some wiring on my 180sx/Check over the other wiring of the car as it needs a good tidy up.

Went to Change the battery the other day and the wiring is that short a dodegy that it pulled a few wire's out of the fuse box.

Car was also going into limp mode before as well also want a walbro pump wiried in. could do it my self but i just want to drop it off to a workshop and give it a once over and fix any other problems that i might have missed and have it running perfect so i can put it on the road and start having fun, have a feeling the EBC isn't hooked up right and the vaccum lines are all over the shop.

Looking For Quality and good workmanship. but i don't want to have to pay with a arm and leg, but i will pay what it is worth.

Cheers

Afternoon Guys

Looking to find a workshop to do some wiring on my 180sx/Check over the other wiring of the car as it needs a good tidy up.

Went to Change the battery the other day and the wiring is that short a dodegy that it pulled a few wire's out of the fuse box.

Car was also going into limp mode before as well also want a walbro pump wiried in. could do it my self but i just want to drop it off to a workshop and give it a once over and fix any other problems that i might have missed and have it running perfect so i can put it on the road and start having fun, have a feeling the EBC isn't hooked up right and the vaccum lines are all over the shop.

Looking For Quality and good workmanship. but i don't want to have to pay with a arm and leg, but i will pay what it is worth.

Cheers

DynoTune Belconnen

Cheers mate any one think of any other want a few so i can start ringing around

Refer to the first page:

Lonsdale Auto Electrical - Braddon

Lee & Thomas - Phillip

The g/f just got her car back from KMF in Qbn, looks pretty damn good. I've added them to the OP.

Anyone had their engine rebuilt?

I've been told that Autotech did a pretty dodgy job on a members SR20DET, and that they had sent the engine elsewhere etc. Plus what i've read on here about them doesn't seem too omazing.

Reccomendaitons?

^^ Pro Engines

Actually pro engines was where the user said his engine had been sent off to, and where most of his problems came from.

gah, no idea what to think.:unsure:

^^ Pro Engines

Actually pro engines was where the user said his engine had been sent off to, and where most of his problems came from.

gah, no idea what to think.:unsure:

That sounds like something else was the issue, i've seen and been in a number of cars that Pro Engines have built, and they're all flawless & meticulously built to a very high standard.

Was the engine looked after & run in properly after getting it back? What were the problems?

Was the engine looked after & run in properly after getting it back? What were the problems?

well here's what he said:

"Gday mate. I have had my SR20DET rebuilt in ACT... twice. I went to Autotech and they arent bad however they sent my engine to Pro Engines in Qbyn and nothing but dramas with him. Cut a long story short, He does rebuild, doesnt put it back together properly, blows on delivery, fixes it, 10 months later blew due to wrong components that he installed... I have since moved but id try ESP or try trojan motorsport. Goodluck"

I did call up Trojan today, he said he'd take a look at my engine next week to see if i need a rebuild or not. Keen on that.

Doesn't sound like Pro Engines at all, weird. The only engines i've seen from them fail is when the owner supposedly knows better than the engine builder and wrecks it by not running it in properly or winding the boost up straight away, then looks for excuses to blame the builder not themselves.

probly esp or trojan? both probly send it out to get "fab" work but, depending on what u need. both have a bit of room, im unsure what autotech can do and how much room they have, worth a few calls but.

Trojan outsource a lot of their work to Jakes.

mm could someone do me a large favour and pm me a good, fair place to get my rego inspection done?

I took it to woden tyre and exhaust but they conveniently decided all my tyres were worn and that i should give them all my money (which i somewhat disagreed with). Not baggin' them out, jussayin'

anyway, help would be appreciated.

Gentech rebuilt a mates sr20det.

seems to be a strong engine. makes 300kw at the tyres.

Just got my car back from having a full custom cage put in it by PCD Engineering

Really happy with the result wub.gif I'd recommend Phil 100% for any custom fabrication work you need

Recently installed a GT2871R and got Autotech to install a NISTUNE board and tune it.

Ed is good to talk and did a good job. I would recommend going to have a chat to them if you are looking at getting some tuning done.

End result was 241.1kw @ 18psi

My link

Recently installed a GT2871R and got Autotech to install a NISTUNE board and tune it.

Ed is good to talk and did a good job. I would recommend going to have a chat to them if you are looking at getting some tuning done.

My link

how much did it set u back man? has ur engine been rebuilt or it's standard?

My link

how much did it set u back man? has ur engine been rebuilt or it's standard?

All up it cost me $1500 which included install of injectors, install of z32 afm including wiring it up, supply of NISTUNE board, install NISTUNE board, and about half a day on the dyno. Car was tested on the road not just on the dyno. Not the cheapest quote I got but I think I got good value. I was unable to find anywhere else in canberra who tuned NISTUNE and was not keen to take the car to sydney to get tuned (too much hassel). Whilst on the dyno he also checked the functions of things such as the knock sensor and set up the limp mode maps too. He also discovered that my o2 sensor is on it's way out.

Car has done 120000km but bottom end is stock, EBC is set up for 11psi low and 18psi high. At 18 psi there was no indication of pinging, the AFR's were still good and the boost is still holding nicely, drops down to about 16psi by redline. At the end of the day the car is gonna be used on the street 99.9% of the time so wont be under huge strain. I am happy with the result, the car feels awesome, really smooth but strong doesn't feel laggy at all.