Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

ACT workshops, tuners, paint n panel, rego, etc

Can anyone reccommend an exhaust place? I just need a new muffler welded onto the end of the exhaust. Its a 10 minute job that shouldn't take skill, just want the right price

Cheers

Im looking at getting a Mongoose alarm system. Can anyone recommend a place to get it supplied and fitted.

Lonsdale Auto Electrics- Lonsdale Rd Civic

They did a good job on my M80

Im looking at getting a Mongoose alarm system. Can anyone recommend a place to get it supplied and fitted.

Why don't you go to the first page of this thread? It has all the workshops listed there.

Why don't you go to the first page of this thread? It has all the workshops listed there.

I did that at first but Lonsdale said they dont supply Mongoose alarms but were happy to fit it. I have since found platinum car security which seem to have good prices.

I did that at first but Lonsdale said they dont supply Mongoose alarms but were happy to fit it. I have since found platinum car security which seem to have good prices.

BDL car stereo supply and fit, my mate got it done to his skyline but paid more than $200 extra for the same alarm I got fitted in melb but thats canberra for you

Edited by 5ilvia

Anyone know a place that does rim repairs/machining?

I don't think any shops do it here anymore. The last time I enquired with Jax Quickfit about 2 years ago they said i'd have to send the rim away to Wollongong or Sydney.

Does anyone know who does guard rolling in ACT?

I wanna get someone to roll the inner lip on the rear guards of my s13.

I wanna get it done properly not ghetto style.

Try Kustom Motor Finishes in Qbn.

anyone knows good place to tint s15 windows in canberra? and how much does it cost?

Go speak to Peter at Auto Tint in Fyshwick; I've listed the address and phone number below for you. He uses a high quality tint film, and is covered by a lifetime waranty against bubbling, or fading. The price depends on how dark you want to go, as well as how many windows your getting done. 35% is the legal limit in ACT and NSW. It should be about $280 for all the windows done at that limit.

9/83 Wollongong St, Fyshwick - 6280 4315‎

anyone knows good place to tint s15 windows in canberra? and how much does it cost?

Go speak to Peter at Auto Tint in Fyshwick; I've listed the address and phone number below for you. He uses a high quality tint film, and is covered by a lifetime waranty against bubbling, or fading. The price depends on how dark you want to go, as well as how many windows your getting done. 35% is the legal limit in ACT and NSW. It should be about $280 for all the windows done at that limit.

Thanks mate,, I'm still waiting to transfer my rego first,, before I can start doing anything,, I've been getting around the same price aswell from different places,,

I mean it's only a 2 doors car with small windows, but the price is the same as putting tint to a 4 door sedan..:(

Thanks mate,, I'm still waiting to transfer my rego first,, before I can start doing anything,, I've been getting around the same price aswell from different places,,

I mean it's only a 2 doors car with small windows, but the price is the same as putting tint to a 4 door sedan..sad.gif

A rear windscreen too, don't forget. You pay for the quality of the tint, not so much the time it takes to do. When your ready to get it done, go see him.

i'd reccomend jake from jakes performance in mitchell seen him tune a fair few cars and does a very good job and takes extra care of everyones car

For Wheels don't go to Ozzy tyres in fyshwick they said that rs gt rims 18 by 7.5inch would bolt onto my car without a problem with my 300zx brake conversion. I even brought the car ( 180sx)out to them so they could measure it up. They replied we have done dozens of these the wheels will bolt up fine. I got the car back on Wednesday with steering shakes so I took the front wheel off and found they'd put 7mm spacers to clear the coil overs when I told them spacers arent legal they told me 95% of their customers don't care about legal and they don't have any wheels to fit my car and I am yet to hear from the manager and get my $1,800.

Buyer beware!!

^^ Ring the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission for some advice, then write Ozzy Tyres a letter, document everything that has happened so far, in the future whilst trying to resolve the issue, etc.

This site will help you understand your rights as the consumer:

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/815360

I went through a fight recently with Ford to have a known defective part replaced after they initially refused to. Let me know if you need a hand and i'll try provide some help.

This stuff was pretty helpful:

How to complain - http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/815327

Writing a complaint letter - http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/815324

*Note: If you write them a letter, make sure it reads a lot better than your original post above - it took me a couple of minutes to edit it so it made sense :lol:

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone knows a good Air Con place???

Ive recently discovered my car is an oven.

I'm taking the Skyline down to Natrad Phillip tomorrow to get aircon converted and gassed up. I will you know how I go.

I'm taking the Skyline down to Natrad Phillip tomorrow to get aircon converted and gassed up. I will you know how I go.

How much did it cost to get it done?

Rallimax in Mitchell straighten bent rims and do repairs, they may be able to help with repairs/machining or at least point u in the right direction Tom Tucker....

Edited by blackdragon999

Looking to get s15 headgasket done... all names mentioned here are asking rediculas price... to the point its cheaper to send the car to SA and get it done... Any1 else worth a mention ? Is canberra really that rediculas when it comes to imports or are they trying to take me for a ride..

The market is not big enough in Canberra. Cheaper to send the cars interstate or do it yourself. The other problem is that some places do not do the job right, even if you are willing to pay.

BTW, A/C re-gassing was $200 (including the test and replacement of o rings).

i think its a rif off in act anyway,i brought my coilovers and breaks into jap spec in mitchel and he wanted 500 bucks to fit them!!thats a joke! im also getting my leaf springs reset,have to post them to sydney to get done,saving about 200 after i pay to post them down and back!like whats the deal,how can they get away with charging so much??people are obviously paying it. i also was looking to get some wheels machine polished,only place i could find to do it wanted 100 a wheel!have read on the net of places in other states doin it for 30-40 a rim

Workshops in the ACT get away with charging so much because the average income & average living standard is higher per capita than any other state/territory. As a result the cost of living is higher, add to that the fact that there's idiots earning more money than should be legally allowed based on their lack of common sense, you get massively inflated prices.

Do NOT recommend national automotive....

its been over a week and im still waiting for my quote.. ive called him everday atleast twice , and he always says he will have it in the arvo... come arvo

he says it will be the next day... and now turned into ill email it to you today, and has been like that for 3 days now.... has my number and email.. how hard is it to give a quote... :rant:

hey guys can anyone reccomend a place to get a CA18DET engine block machined to fit .5 mm oversized pistons and get my crank reground looking at rebuilding my engine early next year

thanks mark