Sign in to follow this  
J's 180

Israel to bomb Iran in September...

Hey guys

I cruise al-Jazeera all the time as it has interesting articles and quite often does not give bias to one side like most of our 'Western Media'. So I found this article about a former CIA Officer and Middle East expert who said Israel would likely trigger war with Iran in September, forcing the US into the conflict and thus creating a massive war.

Here is the link give it a read. Of course we don't know what will happen, but it seems likely something is going to happen.

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/07/201171775828434786.html

"Masters asked Baer why the US military is not mobilising to stop this war from happening. Baer responded that the military is opposed, as is former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who used his influence to thwart an Israeli attack during the Bush and Obama administrations. But he's gone now and "there is a warning order inside the Pentagon" to prepare for war."

"What happens when you see 100 F-16's approaching Iraq and there is a call to the White House [from Netanyahu] that says "We're going in, we're at war with Iran"? What does the President of the United States do? He has little influence over Bibi Netanyahu. ... We can't stop him. And he knows it. "

"If Israel bombed Iran tomorrow, Congress would forget all about their partisan differences and run, not walk, to the House and Senate floors to endorse the attack and call for unstinting support for Israel. That is what Congress always does, and will always do so long as the lobby (and the donors it directs) are the key players in making our Middle East policies."

Well you didn't expect America to back an Islamic nation over a Jewish one did you?

They can't afford another war on terror on their own, but they can always make time (and weapons) to help out someone else's war.

I cruise al-Jazeera all the time

terrorist

Of course America will back it. They HAVE to, they're broke and preparing to default on their debts..

They need a big war to make some money.

I cruise al-Jazeera all the time

terrorist

Lol no I'm not :whistle::ph34r:

Of course America will back it. They HAVE to, they're broke and preparing to default on their debts..

They need a big war to make some money.

And yes they are meant to be getting a substantial amount of money from Afghanistan in the "re-build" phase whenever that happens. Figure of $5.4 Billion from the Afghan Govt. BUT they have spent $5.4 trillion including interest on the war thus far.....

I found out the WHOLE reason behind Afghanistan was to secure the TAP (Trans-Afghan Pipeline). A pipeline of natural gas flowing through Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan. The only other MAJOR pipeline in the region runs from Siberia, Russia all the way through to Iran and then also into Europe, making Iran and Russia the biggest suppliers of natural gas to Middle East and Europe accordingly. By the US obtaining the rights to "syphon-off" gas from the TAP they by-pass making deals with Russia, China and countries that deal with Iran (which of course for the USA is more expensive).

Not to mention that they have discovered natural resources in Afghanistan that once mined, can provide trillions of dollars. So the USA won't be leaving that region anytime soon. They currently have over 150,000 troops there as well as another 100,000 "contractors" AKA mercenaries. As well as a large NATO force of like 25,000 all up. Here is the link to the article suggesting they won't be leaving Afghanistan anytime soon, and where did I get this article.... YEP Al-Jazeera hehehe :rolleyes:

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/07/2011712143039267965.html

On another Afghanistan-related topic, there is now a new guerilla tactic called "Talibikers" LOL

"The adaptable neo-Taliban increasingly rely on the classic tactics of guerilla warfare. Rather than hold territory, these postmodern Islamists-cum-gangsters rely on hit-and-run strikes using something I hadn't seen in 2001: motorcycles. Like a scene from the Kazakh film epic about Genghis Khan updated by Quentin Tarantino, squadrons of bearded bikers are terrorizing Afghanistan's newly- and cheaply-paved highways.

I call them the Talibikers."

I laughed out loud when I read that

f**k me. The world is imploding.

I highly doubt this will happen. Israel would want American support and America is broke. They can't afford any more wars, it is a very bad strategic move at this time.

I really cant see any benefits. Iran is no direct danger at the moment.

I highly doubt this will happen. Israel would want American support and America is broke. They can't afford any more wars, it is a very bad strategic move at this time.

wars generate a lot of money. actually a war is probably the only thing that could save america's economy now

Dont think i game to follow the link whilst at work lol

Middle east is such a interesting topic i think, America is screwed and they know it. How many year's has America funneled millions into Israel? Think maybe little brother is trying to help them out?

wars generate a lot of money. actually a war is probably the only thing that could save america's economy now

But aren't the americans againts war at the moment? Not too sure Obama wants another war when theres already two they have yet to end and his people already wanting it to stop.

But aren't the americans againts war at the moment? Not too sure Obama wants another war when theres already two they have yet to end and his people already wanting it to stop.

not really a large scale war though. afghanistan is just draining resources and public opinion. but the US's economy is f**ked and being bent over by china who hold a LOT of power over the US through foreign bonds so they need to do something drastic

I'm surprised you guys are taking something on some random news site so seriously. :Drugs:

I cant be bothered reading that article, but surely Israel would deliver a strategic one off strike against their nuclear capability and leave it there. I doubt Iran would want to pursue a war with Israel. They certainly couldn't win it and I cant see the other Middle Eastern countries jumping in to help them.

I cant be bothered reading that article, but surely Israel would deliver a strategic one off strike against their nuclear capability and leave it there. I doubt Iran would want to pursue a war with Israel. They certainly couldn't win it and I cant see the other Middle Eastern countries jumping in to help them.

Well anyone with a brain will know the first target will be the facility at Natanz and others that are already known to be 'nuclear' or otherwise. It won't be ONE strike, it will be multiple.

And yes Iran ARE looking for war as once USA leaves Iraq they have no real enemy nearby. They will continue to supply weapons and other stuff to the Taliban in Afghanistan through their border and elsewhere. Once USA backs Israel, which it will, then the Iranian people will unite to fight them. Right now the current government is facing a lot of hostility in Iran from it's people. Yes The Revolutionary Guard crack down on them pretty good, but it is clear that the next election will force out Ahmedinijad and install a more 'democratic' government. So if a WAR were to happen and USA seen as the enemy and invaders etc, then it will unite the people of Iran under one banner to fight off the invaders. After that the country will be united having fought alongside each other etc.

But yeh the likelihood of this happening isn't very high but it can possibly happen soon.

I'm surprised you guys are taking something on some random news site so seriously. :Drugs:

Well I'm not taking the NEWS SITE seriously. I'm taking the person who wrote the article and the numerous people within the Israeli govt seriously.

And yes the people will support War with Iran if they attack Israel. Although if Israel attacked first (which seems to be the likely action) then I'm not sure how much the people of USA will support it. But like anything in the media (incl. this article perhaps) it can be "tailor-made" for any audience. FOX News will mis-report something and it will get the people of America all fired up in support. Not too hard to do that with a country full of idiots.

iran-vs-israel.png

*grabs popcorn*

is that sarcasm?

al-Jazeera some random news site?

:Drugs:

Al-Jazeera like I've explained a million times on here is somewhat UN-BIASED in it's reporting. And will report two sides to an issue normally.

It is an economic fallacy to say that wars generate economic growth.

1) US decided to go to war with Country A.

2) They plan for $1 trillion cost over 5 years.

3) US borrow the money from other countries since they can't afford it.

4) US must pay interest on this loan.

5) To repay the loan US must tax the population or cut spending.

6) Cutting spending is practically unheard of, so the people get increased taxes.

7) Increased tax TAKES money out of the economy.

So instead of people investing in businesses, it goes to the government.

8) Military spending is the most inefficient spending you can do. Everything costs a fortune for little gain.

In end results is over $1trillions taken away from the economy PLUS all the investment opportunities lost due to the tax.

Wars only destroy resources. The little bit of money that goes to the military based companies is nothing compared to the money lost due to less investment.

is that sarcasm?

al-Jazeera some random news site?

:Drugs:

LOL! Tell me about it.

Not random bro, I watch it every day. Thank God for satellite :P

It is an economic fallacy to say that wars generate economic growth.

1) US decided to go to war with Country A.

2) They plan for $1 trillion cost over 5 years.

3) US borrow the money from other countries since they can't afford it.

4) US must pay interest on this loan.

5) To repay the loan US must tax the population or cut spending.

6) Cutting spending is practically unheard of, so the people get increased taxes.

7) Increased tax TAKES money out of the economy.

So instead of people investing in businesses, it goes to the government.

8) Military spending is the most inefficient spending you can do. Everything costs a fortune for little gain.

In end results is over $1trillions taken away from the economy PLUS all the investment opportunities lost due to the tax.

Wars only destroy resources. The little bit of money that goes to the military based companies is nothing compared to the money lost due to less investment.

I wouldn't say that's *always* the case with war - the last war America went into was started by a government run by George W Bush which is probably why it sent the country broke.

This war is different, they can sell weapons to other countries and basically limit their involvement in any actual conflict - how in the f**k Israel is going to get all their troops through Jordan and Iraq to get to Iran is beyond me, for that to happen they would be basically paying America a toll to go through those countries since they are pretty much under US control or influence.

By the time they finish this oil pipe theres gonna be no oil left.

Who said Israel would send troops via the ground Sid280. My tactic would be to bombard the key targets in the first week. Then send in Airborne troops. Of course you would like tanks etc to back you up, but hey guess what, they come from the AIR too!!! YAY. Problem solved. Plus constant air support helps the troops advance, take and hold ground.

And yes the F-22 Raptor costs $150 million for one aircraft. a Predator drone costs $4.5 million per aircraft. So it's clear to see the future of air warfare right there. Especially now with the US being broke. Like i mentioned above, the Pentagon want $5 billion allocated toward UAV acquisitions ALONE. UAV's are also good for surveillance and reconnaissance so no need to send HUMANS to do that either. Also got Satellites, and other gear. So you could almost topple Iran without even putting a foreign BOOT on the ground.

More than likely if they need to use foreign soil they would use Jordan and Saudi Arabia, both of whom are VERY GOOD friends with the USA. Hence why Israel NEEDS the USA. But still Saudi's and Jordanians would more than likely NOT allow Jewish troops to 'cross' their lands. But yeh there is Amphibious and Airborne ways of gaining access to and entering Iran. Plus they could use Iraq as a staging theatre as they are STILL there (USA) so could pressure the govt into letting them stay and using the airbase there to launch attacks from. And use as a land crossing.

Basically IRAN are F**KED if they provoke or start a war. USA is on BOTH sides. This was Bush's master plan.

I think Iran is too big to properly take over via air only, sure they could do a heap of damage but they would sooner or later need a base inside Iran or very close to a border. I'm not too sure what Israels Navy is like but its always possible they'll sail up the red sea, around Saudi Arabia / Gulf of Oman and attack from there somewhere, its gonna make a few more years of death-tv.

Iran is the next logical step for America/Israel, its directly between Iraq and Afghanistan.

israel didnt need US support during the 6 day war,

Hey, I forgot to ask

Why is Israel bombing Iran?