Sign in to follow this  
dustyae86

pulling box!

Hye guys,

Just wondering how many of you have pulled gearboxes out of R32 GTR's? and how much of a pain in the ass it is? Also recomendations on who can rebuild the transfers on there things?

Screw it and while I'm at it, clutch recomendations. Currently thinking nismo coppermix twin plate, but if it is possible to find something as good for a better price, it would be cool.

Hye guys,

Just wondering how many of you have pulled gearboxes out of R32 GTR's? and how much of a pain in the ass it is? Also recomendations on who can rebuild the transfers on there things?

Screw it and while I'm at it, clutch recomendations. Currently thinking nismo coppermix twin plate, but if it is possible to find something as good for a better price, it would be cool.

Yeah, have removed them. It's a *milkshake* of a job, get over it and just get into it!

You need LONG AS f**k socket extension to reach the top gearbox bolts. Loosening the engine mounts and removing the cooler piping and tilting the motor/box back can help to reach them too.

Other than that the only issue is the weight and the fact it's awkward size and shape to lift. Obviously drain all the oil and transfer fluid first, that helps.

With a hoist we needed 4 blokes to get it up and into place. Would prob have been easier if you have a trans jack, but we didn't have one :lol:

There are guides on SAU about how to bleed up the 4wd once it's all back together.

As for rebuilding it, I have nfi. But I'd love to know, so post anything you find out in here! Will be a good knowledge base for others :)

I've had an old OS twin plate and it was awesome and I have an ORC now and it too is awesome :P But I've heard good things about the Nismo twins. I guess have a poke around for more info.