Sign in to follow this  
JAP93

Evo aftermarket support, spare parts.

Hey guys,

Im pretty interested in purchasing an evo in the upcoming months. Being a not so everyday seen car i can imagine that parts wouldnt be as common. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the aftermarket support and availability is like in Australia? and by that i mean do workshops carry parts on hand or are they mostly ordered in? Before i get flamed i have tried the search option but could not narrow down to what i would like, Also can mitsubishi supply basic genuine parts on site for these cars, being imports i can imagine it may take a while.

Any information on this would be much appreciated as im trying to get as much information on this car before i make my decision.

Thanks,

You can only get evo parts from mitsubish dealers that are also ralliart dealers there's a few around just google or call some Mitsubishi dealers around your area.

There's places in AUS like meek, Tokyo motorsport, Techsport etc who deal with evos and generally have parts available (google the names some have sites which come up)

There's always eBay for second or new parts depending what your after.

If your serious join up on evolutionOz.net and evolutionm.net (US) plenty of info, traders and sellers on there.

Yahoo Japan, import monster, or the host of US sites and workshops which stock parts also.

Depending what model evo your looking at parts are available like any other import just a matter of searching.

I've had my 7 for a few months and have already purchased off meek, evom, evoOz, eBay (AUS,UK,US) yahoo japan and a few other evo workshops in the UK and US without any dramas.

Trae

You can only get evo parts from mitsubish dealers that are also ralliart dealers there's a few around just google or call some Mitsubishi dealers around your area.

There's places like meek, Tokyo motorsport, Techsport etc who deal with evos and generally have parts available (google the names some have sites which come up)

There's always eBay for second or new parts depending what your after.

If your serious join up on evolutionOz.net and evolutionm.net (US) plenty of info, traders and sellers on there.

Yahoo Japan, import monster, or the host of US sites and workshops which stock parts also.

Depending what model evo your looking at parts are available like any other import just a matter of searching.

I've had my 7 for a few months and have already purchased off meek, evom, evoOz, eBay (AUS,UK,US) yahoo japan and a few other evo workshops in the UK and US without any dramas.

Traedayz, thankyou for your informative and quick reply.

Sounds like there is a rich database of spare parts available. If it helps to define my question, im on a pretty strict budget. I know some would say if im on a budget dont bother getting a performance vehicle, but when i say budget i mean within reason. I am leaning

towards the semi automatic evo 7/7.5 gta. has anyone had any history with this vehicles as it looks the goods, and sounds like the semi auto is bearable.

Once again, thanks.

I have the EVO 7 GSR and it's an awesome car I daily drive it have had no issues it's very quick from factory in stock form (only have a cat back and panel filter ATM) it's comfortable and is roomy enough to take my daughter and missus on long trips.

The fuel economy isn't the greatest but you have to compromise some stuff, a full exhaust, some boost and a tune will see the 200atw mark easy,

Just make sure you service and maintain everythin regulary like the AYC pump, and rear diff as well as all your general servicing.

The 7/GTA or CT9A platform is not as raw as the previous 5/6 models but are still great bang for buck and are more refined for street rather than all out track/rally.

Some say the GTA's auto box is not strong and if you start to pump some power through them they are likely to give way, obviously being auto and having a few slight differences than the GSR they are also slower and harder to get power from everything else is basically the same though.

My advice would be to get the manual 7 gsr if you can, make sure you have it checked out properly from a reputable workshop before you purchase though as with any import they cost money when shit goes wrong more of the case with these (generally well built motors and can handle boost well)

Check for noise from rear diff, ayc pump, shocks and springs, bushes, rust under on the under carrige (some are bad from the salt roads in japan) and really noisy engines (they do make a bit of sound in general though) check for service history and all your normal car buying details.

It's possibly the best car I've owend and I've had a few good ones lol, always wanted and evo 3 but really happy I ended up with the 7.

aftermarket is huge for evo's, no need to worry about that.

I wouldn't bother with a GTA unless you specifically want an automatic trans for some reason. You're missing out on half the fun by not having a manual box in an evo, not to mention the GTA has a smaller turbo than the GSR.