Sign in to follow this  
ti2l

What happened to hip hop/rap?

hip hop is about the music, not how many times you've been locked up.

I don't listen to artists because they rap about being badasses, I listen to them if they're good

its all just underground ;)

been listening to some diabolic, immortal technique, vinnie paz, jedi mind tricks lately, really good stuff..

a few of my favourites:

sus out diabolics liar and a thief album, and vinnie paz' season of the assassin.. soooo much quality music on there..

^

forgot about them!

beautiful day is another favourite. such a nice chill out song. or cruising on a sunny day song.

I don't listen to artists because they rap about being badasses, I listen to them if they're good

exactly.... Jurassic 5 have flow.... they tell stories, laugh talk about life etc. Real rap is story telling, so easily forgotten now everything is manufactured for the masses and made for what people "want" to hear for radio

Im sorry but rapping about how hard you are etc is pathetic... shows a lack of creativity IMO and just shows an ego.

exactly.... Jurassic 5 have flow.... they tell stories, laugh talk about life etc. Real rap is story telling, so easily forgotten now everything is manufactured for the masses and made for what people "want" to hear for radio

Im sorry but rapping about how hard you are etc is pathetic... shows a lack of creativity IMO and just shows an ego.

+ 1 so true

Edited by HAYDOSS

Yeah U-N-I are good got into them after hearing this:

Classic Wu-Tang joint

lol not the voice I was expecting, or lyrics I was expecting...haha

dude is alright though

also i dunno about bitin mobb deep but that shad dude is alright

yeah not the voice id like to listen to alot, but at least the lyrics have meaning to them haha

not a huge fan of Bun B (although he is alright) but Twista has got some serious flow in this song (3rd verse)

big fan of this song.

premier really knows how to make a beat.

You guys probably already came to this conclusion several pages ago, but i've had a lot of coffee and cbf reading the whole thread haha. There's nothing wrong with hip hop right now. In fact some of the shit out right now is some of the best shit i've ever heard.

1. Go here http://wolfshirtextremist.wordpress.com/

2. watch videos

3. download brolic

4. ?????

5. Profit

I lost interest in hip hop a while ago. It just ain't the same as it used to be. All the new stuff is just too cheesy and manipulated for me.