Sign in to follow this  
STR8E180

Shit talkers' thread

I drive a white 180sx, blitz type 01 wheels. with an exterior that needs some work :/ getting around to it..

Usually drive around on weekends since I work in the city.

I've seen quite a few S chassis around (even a vert), usually try to wave but tinting probably hides me, what do you drive?

Edited by Skepticism

The trolling was quite obvious

But so many people took it so serious :'( I got so much abuse that night

I cry :'(

Dryftsails pls :'(

Also, are those speakers in the grille? Why?

That's the horns!!!!!

Lol, they looked like speaker baskets, and I've seen people mount speakers in their grilles before. Funnily enough I saw from crapped out 80s hatch with speakers mounted in the bonnet the other day.... was not expecting to see that in Sydney on my way to work.

I drive a white 180sx, blitz type 01 wheels. with an exterior that needs some work :/ getting around to it..

I've seen quite a few S chassis around (even a vert), usually try to wave but tinting probably hides me, what do you drive?

I've had many you would have seen, purple 80 gold rims twin pipes back in the day, white plus multi coloured type x, gold 13 GTR rims black 13 and now the white type x white wheels and silver lip usually hear the gate before you see the car. I worked at Beaurepaires for over 10 years you would have seen all my cars parked there.

I would buy this...

CE Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe EVO 6 SLEEPER - 4G63 TURBO FULLY ENGINEERED

http://bit.ly/1nlxwtg

Woah this thing is intense, so much value for money..

I've had many you would have seen, purple 80 gold rims twin pipes back in the day, white plus multi coloured type x, gold 13 GTR rims black 13 and now the white type x white wheels and silver lip usually hear the gate before you see the car. I worked at Beaurepaires for over 10 years you would have seen all my cars parked there.

Was the black 13 matte black with either gigantic cams or a misfire? :P

Have seen a white type-X around the city couple of times, maybe or maybe not you I spose...

never noticed anything parked outside Beaurepairs so was possibly before I moved over here.

i'll keep an eye out heh

Edited by Skepticism

Are any of you guys on the "SilviaRepublic" on facebook?

There was a N/A vs Turbo debate (dont even know why) and someone raised the point that there is more to go wrong in a turbo car.

So I stated the fact that its really just 1 extra moving part (the turbocharger itself) and I got mocked by him replying "Lol, one moving part.."

So I asked them to point out why I was wrong and they never did. I really dont get these people.

Some kid wants to E85 convert his N/A on the page too, not even joking... are these guys actually being serious? I mean, they talk about 300hp N/A motors, bring up e-facts about turbo cars etc.

Thank god there is NS.com, weeds out all the morons of the community.

Edited by s13k's

I hate Silvia Republic soooo fkn much:.. I've never seen a more consistently retarded fan base on any other car page...

There was a N/A vs Turbo debate (dont even know why) and someone raised the point that there is more to go wrong in a turbo car.

So I stated the fact that its really just 1 extra moving part (the turbocharger itself) and I got mocked by him replying "Lol, one moving part.."

So I asked them to point out why I was wrong and they never did. I really dont get these people.

In saying all that though, they are correct that there is more to go wong, even if they don't know why. I'll answer it on their behalf; the failure in your logic is that 'moving parts' are the deal breaker, when in reality, that's the least important part.

- You have 4 water connectors, 4 oil connectors and two oil seals that can leak over time and cause overheating or oil starvation (slow leaks tend to go unnoticed more than major ones).

- There are small metal parts that can be injested by the engine in the event of catastrophic failure (turbine blades).

- There are at least 5 extra air connectors that can fail and cause the engine to run rich.

- There is a wastegate actuator that if jammed closed (or failing to open) could cause the compressor blades to exeed their max rpm, and either fail catasprophically or make the car run lean.

- The engine is at a greater risk of overheating due to the extra heat put into the oil and coolant by the turbo, and the increased risk of leaning out and causing detonation, causing damage to the pistons, block, or melting the knock sensor.

- The greater intake charge of a turbo system increases the chance of problems should the fuel pump start to fail, when compared to an N/A

- The extra heat of a turbocharger increases the chance of melting wiring loom on the passenger side, when compared to an N/A manifold

Edited by pmod

If the cars turbo from the factory and there's an n/a version released which uses the same engine just no turbo there is no reason why n/a can ever be seen as better or even more reliable....

+ all those guys on Silvia Republic saying n/a is better because there's less stuff to go wrong, are the same people who will bottom out their coilovers, run 195's on 10" wheels, and put in straight pipes "cause race car" that doesn't even f**kin make any sense.

If you're talking about installing a turbo kit on a car which was released only ever as n/a and is perhaps a high compression motor that's obviously been engineered and manufactured to NOT have a turbo then it's a different story, e.g an integra type R is probably never consider doing a turbo conversion on, or an s2000, not to say nobody should but personally would never consider it.

Was that the sort of thing they were talking about or what was the context of the n/a vs turbo discussion? Maybe they were comparing a n/a v8 to a turbod straight 4? You didn't really specify

If the cars turbo from the factory and there's an n/a version released which uses the same engine just no turbo there is no reason why n/a can ever be seen as better or even more reliable....

Understand that the topic is not a reference to the historical reliability of DETs versus DEs, which I would expect would favour the DEs irrespective, but one of points of failure. It's an undeniable fact that the DET has more points of failure, or situations of greater risk. I just listed 7 issues, based on the factory configuration, and that was by no means an exhaustive list.

'Better' is entirely personal opinion, and as a DET owner, clearly I consider that engine the superior of the two.

+ all those guys on Silvia Republic saying n/a is better because there's less stuff to go wrong, are the same people who will bottom out their coilovers, run 195's on 10" wheels, and put in straight pipes "cause race car" that doesn't even f**kin make any sense.

Althought I agree that they sound like dumbasses, bottoming-out your suspension really has nothing to do with engine reliability. If the goal were to take the car through a really flat desert, then the NA probably would be the better of the two, as it would be more likely to survive the journey. On the street, we return to the issue of personal opinion when considering which is better.

If you're talking about installing a turbo kit on a car which was released only ever as n/a and is perhaps a high compression motor that's obviously been engineered and manufactured to NOT have a turbo then it's a different story, e.g an integra type R is probably never consider doing a turbo conversion on, or an s2000, not to say nobody should but personally would never consider it.

Everything I wrote applies to the factory setup. Aftermarket installations produce numerous other issues, one of the greatest being the workmanship of the person who set it up.

Edited by pmod

Agree with pmod 100% and technically they're right for his well informed reasoning, but I'll tell you the real reason they'll bang on about NA's....

Because they're little p-plater faggot scene queens who can't have a turbo, so they use self justification to cover up that their cars are slow buckets.

Edited by brent47
  • Upvote 1

I know suspension doesn't have any effect on your engine reliability, I'm saying that in the argument 'more things to go wrong' about a turbo, are the same guys who are creating more things to go wrong in other aspects of their car. E.g suspension.

Also why would any of them care about reliability anyway, most of the owners cars of Silvia Republic either don't work it hardly work or not registered..

Like I'm sure someone more educated like yourself can pick holes in the arguments for both sides, and at the end of the day it is personal choice and opinion.... But the people on Silvia Silvia Republic are mostly p platers so the choice is made for them. The owner i think is about 18...

(If you saw my post on the drift sales thread about the kid who screwed me about my s15 front bar, that's the guy who started Silvia Republic, made by scumbags for scumbags)

Haha, I was just throwing in a factual view for the sake of discussion, and I knew where you were coming from with regard to the suspension. ;)

As Brent said, fanboyism of this nature stems from intense faggotry. Reminds me of the black guys in the US crapping on about how they want a sista with junk in the trunk, "ya need some meat if you wanna feel the heat", etc, then the moment they become successful... hook up with a slim white model. In fact, look no further than that shitey "P Plater Mods" YouTube channel. Weird looking kids making a channel all about modding cars that are P Plate legal... one buys a turbo S14 before he's even off his Ps.

(If you saw my post on the drift sales thread about the kid who screwed me about my s15 front bar, that's the guy who started Silvia Republic, made by scumbags for scumbags)

He wanted $200 for a rusted up manifold (he didn't even know what flange it was) and a torn SR seat.. I politely declined his offer.

SilviaRepublic... Full of prepubsecent kids who think their shit don't stink.

The whole page is full of f**king morons. I deleted them because the bullshit they posted on a regular basis made me cringe; Turbo vs. N/A wasn't anything compared to the topics a few weeks ago... A lot of talk about "stance" and they were posting photos of their shitty cars.

Agree with pmod 100% and technically they're right for his well informed reasoning, but I'll tell you the real reason they'll bang on about NA's.... Because they're little p-plater faggot scene queens who can't have a turbo, so they use self justification to cover up that their cars are slow buckets.

same goes for hondas...... because those p plater faggots can't have or afford a turbo car... they put roof racks on it, put a huffy slider on top, and run steelies, stretched tyres and a spoon intake and instantly think theyre driving a racecar.... or try to say how jdm they are.

f**k it gets me mad.

Anything with roofracks on it that isn't going on vacation or to Bunnings, is just f**king retarded.

• Upvote 2

just going to leave this up here

IMG_1400.PNG

that is the best mod

I would buy this...

"In terms of running gear, there are no CE Lancer parts left in this vehicle."

"The car has no custom parts - all parts are either EVO or CE Lancer."

the f**k

"There is potential for this to be quite easily converted to AWD, since the full AWD wiring harness and engine/transmission is already there and has been engineered with this combination already. "

how did he get it engineered for something that hasn't been done it? :S

never actually looked at the links to the 'evo's but i just decided to and its some funny shit

with a friends R33 with HICAS, we had a look at it one day turning the wheel on the spot and the rear wheels didn't move at all, plus this guy from SAU said it "cambers in" and the degree of camber will vary dependent on the speed the vehicle is traveling around a corner, therefore we came to the conclusion it only worked while driving, and that it cambered in. lolwot.gif

lol'd

I would buy this...

"In terms of running gear, there are no CE Lancer parts left in this vehicle."

"The car has no custom parts - all parts are either EVO or CE Lancer."

the f**k

Pretty simple... Has full standard evo running gear... rest of the car (ie: not the running gear, is lancer) No custom bits.

"There is potential for this to be quite easily converted to AWD, since the full AWD wiring harness and engine/transmission is already there and has been engineered with this combination already. "

how did he get it engineered for something that hasn't been done it? :S

never actually looked at the links to the 'evo's but i just decided to and its some funny shit

He's saying since the engine is engineered, you could just sneak the awd in and noone would know.

I usually lol at lancers, but that seems like one thats been well done.

I know what he meant m8 I just thought it was worded funny.....................................................................

• Upvote 1

I have absolutely no idea about CE lancers (thank f**k) but would a factory fwd car have a tunnel for a tailshaft or have the same chassis cradle pick ups? I would've thought the lancer and evo lancer is further apart than they seem.

I have absolutely no idea about CE lancers (thank f**k) but would a factory fwd car have a tunnel for a tailshaft or have the same chassis cradle pick ups? I would've thought the lancer and evo lancer is further apart than they seem.

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67264729-AWD-CE-Mitsubishi-lancer-awd-evo-conversion

You might loose some brain cells reading OP's ideas in this thread but seems like hes got it covered