Sign in to follow this  
Alf Stewart

Connecting PS3 to wireless USB

Hey, has anyone tried connecting there PS3 to a wireless internet stick (Telstra), Have connected my laptop into the PS3 via ethernet with the connection running on the laptop, just having issues sharing the connection to the PS3

Prob need to bridge the laptops Ethernet and wireless USB stick. Highlight both in network connections, right click, bridge connections. Make sure the ethernet cable between lappy and ps3 is a crossover cable unless it's being passed through a switch or hub first.

Got it sorted ended up buying a billion 3G wireless router, just plug the dongle I'n the back and it was ready to go, still can't wait to get my Adsl 2 going, haven't had any issues with lag though just hoping it's not chewing too much data, telstra prepaid are bloody expensive !!

Ah spewing though doubt using my iphone would have been any good being Vodafail lol

Hey, has anyone tried connecting there PS3 to a wireless internet stick (Telstra), Have connected my laptop into the PS3 via ethernet with the connection running on the laptop, just having issues sharing the connection to the PS3

Never tried to do it off a USB; but how much is your limit? One game of TDM would drain it I reckon.

I pay $150 for 10gb doesn't use too much at all, the billion router I's good aswell can use phone / lappy / ps3 all off it and it runs all the time so no need to connect / disconnect all the time