Sign in to follow this  
Rolled Cambers

Facebook V8 over Japs.

im always constantly arguing at work people saying my little 2.5ltre skyline is a piece of shit if i strapped a turbo on my v8 it will smoke yours its like saying take 2 spark plugs out of your car and see who wins, the same excuse is always said 2 2.5 and 3 litres shud only come in milk and juice

The best response to this is:

Only bags of goon come in 5 litres.

haha this is classic, even tho the argument is pointless who cares, it is fun to stir these guys up, you must admit. When you start taking it seriously then you have issues.

I have respect for 8's but just not my cup of tea. Can't beat a 1j/2j on boost with open gate.

i Agree its a pointless fun argument. I love V8's but i also love the import cars and motors you see getting around.

Theres a simple answer to settle doubts about the mighty v8's.....why did they ppull the skylines out from racing with them??? i completely forget why was it.......ITS CAUSE THEY CHOPPED THE v8S EVERYTIME

Thats basically the reason

But the official reason was Holden and ford couldn't afford the big budgets of Nissan at the time, so they made a rule that the engine displacement was above what the GTRs were and not turbochargers were allowed,

I seems stupid now cause they are all supercharged and I'm sure they could afford to run against the GTRs but they'd still Lose badly,

But the official reason was Holden and ford couldn't afford the big budgets of Nissan at the time, so they made a rule that the engine displacement was above what the GTRs were and not turbochargers were allowed,

I seems stupid now cause they are all supercharged and I'm sure they could afford to run against the GTRs but they'd still Lose badly,

um V8 supercars aren't supercharged, 600+ hp n/a

yeah their definately not supercharged, only a 302 i think, or might be a 304 v8? somewhere near there anyways..

Yeah similar to my cars output. 600+ hp N/A

Yeah similar to my cars output. 600+ hp N/A

lol, need less /// more AAAA

as in 600+hp NAAAAAAAAAA

ha ha ha

Ok shows how much I really care about v8 supercars.

No worries I was wrong talking about something I don't watch, was bound to happen

Edited by Stig Mick

Know im a bit late jumping in here, But meh, tis life. All of this works both ways, There are plenty of tools driving V8's but i can assure you there are just as many in trubo 4's, 6 cyl's in the V formation, inline and even turbo.

and from some of the video's i've seen on youtube the toolness continue's to the 10 and 12 cylinder cars as well :D

I classify myself as a car enthusiast, I own a supercharged V6 Commodore (more power then teh factory gave me but i know its no rocket ship ), I love the sound of a V8, I normally race 4cyl cars ( and at the moment a rotary ) would love to own a turbo, and if i go to a car show i stop and look at pretty much everything just to see whats going on.

I do Admit that from the little i bothered to read on that facebook page that guy was an obvious idiot, but to generalise a whole community because of a few is pretty pathetic

V8's and toilet paper come in 8-cylinders and i wipe my arse with both

Know im a bit late jumping in here, But meh, tis life. All of this works both ways, There are plenty of tools driving V8's but i can assure you there are just as many in trubo 4's, 6 cyl's in the V formation, inline and even turbo.

and from some of the video's i've seen on youtube the toolness continue's to the 10 and 12 cylinder cars as well biggrin.png

I classify myself as a car enthusiast, I own a supercharged V6 Commodore (more power then teh factory gave me but i know its no rocket ship ), I love the sound of a V8, I normally race 4cyl cars ( and at the moment a rotary ) would love to own a turbo, and if i go to a car show i stop and look at pretty much everything just to see whats going on.

I do Admit that from the little i bothered to read on that facebook page that guy was an obvious idiot, but to generalise a whole community because of a few is pretty pathetic

I agree i love both and there is a lot of dickheads driveing V8s but there is still a few dickheads driveing the japs

im always constantly arguing at work people saying my little 2.5ltre skyline is a piece of shit if i strapped a turbo on my v8 it will smoke yours its like saying take 2 spark plugs out of your car and see who wins, the same excuse is always said 2 2.5 and 3 litres shud only come in milk and juice
yeah and cheap wine comes in 5 litres.

you mean goon bags lol

you mean goon bags lol

yep that's the one.

Nuh uh! The japs cheated!

MMM can somebody please elaborate/justify and show a detailed spec sheet of all the cars that where competing during the bathurst racing era fromn 1988-1995.And to also bring up relevant facts to why the 32GTR was such a dominator lol.Not kidding some people said they cheated but how?If so who cares lol! My quick guess is that they had such a overly develop engineered car for that time+attessa 4wd handling,japanese tech+ experience driver = win

lol the bloke deleted my 5l cheap wine comment

MMM can somebody please elaborate/justify and show a detailed spec sheet of all the cars that where competing during the bathurst racing era fromn 1988-1995.And to also bring up relevant facts to why the 32GTR was such a dominator lol.Not kidding some people said they cheated but how?If so who cares lol! My quick guess is that they had such a overly develop engineered car for that time+attessa 4wd handling,japanese tech+ experience driver = win

check this out

wow... i forgot that brock drove fords for a while

u guys say the change in the rule was to ban the 32 but dont forget the sierra was banned as well.

i have a 2010 ssv sportwagon and a s15. they r both good cars and serve their own purpose. no doubt my s15 is way quicker and handles shitloads better but sometime u just want to cruise and the ssv is awesome @ that. plus the room in commodore is ridiculous.

wasnt just the r32 that killed it in bathurst, DR30's and r31's wipped there arse with the v8's

no hate from me for V8's i love em

haha lolz at the supertaxies

Sign in to follow this