Sign in to follow this  
GTS-t

Chevy badges on Commodores

Well when half the cars on the road are commos and falcons, it is a cheap and easy way to make your car a little different.

I saw a new black commo ute with gold chevy badges and I thought it looked pretty good.. but then I don't know or care about any of GM's cars.

So the bogans think because its got a chev engine the WHOLE car is pretty much a chev? By that logic a 350Z has a renault V6 so that pretty much makes it a renault? Who cares where the engine comes from? There is so much more to a car than the engine.

Its a well documented, unfortunate side affect of AIDS.

ALOT of dudes driving these 'BOSS 260' FPV's around. I see at least 50-100 each day. Same dude driving them, early 40's with 3 kids in the back and some thrashed out Mrs. up front. They sure think they're awesome, though.

the lack of knowlage of a local made car from you guys is funny as.

holdens have been making their own designed engines ever since they ditched the 6cylinder grey motor... and also the holden 308 is completely different to any other v8 in the world!!! in every way.

the add your thinking off where they say the first engine built and designed in 50 years is talking about the v6..... they havent built and designed a new 6cylinder in 50 years... so its a big thing.

this comment was more directed at the "custom import skyline" show chick...

ALOT of dudes driving these 'BOSS 260' FPV's around. I see at least 50-100 each day. Same dude driving them, early 40's with 3 kids in the back and some thrashed out Mrs. up front. They sure think they're awesome, though.

+1

Saw a Cruze with chev badges yesterday.... LOL

lol

Hey guys

i work at holdens and we make all the chev caprices etc as you all know, the identical parts are used for the holden caprice we just change the badge, but in saying that, when you buy a new holden you can request chev badges and we are starting to put chev badges on some australian sold commodores =)

don't get me started on this, i saw a gtr badge on a taxi!! why? i have no idea. the chev badge thing is just s##t, they want to be all aussie with the southern cross on their rear windows yet they have a chev badge? they either want to be a yank or an aussie.

it's much like a gay man saying he's straight, he will tell others he loves the pussy but inside he's still a p##fter,

same with their cars, it's still a commodore that appears to be a chev.

lol

Hey guys

i work at holdens and we make all the chev caprices etc as you all know, the identical parts are used for the holden caprice we just change the badge, but in saying that, when you buy a new holden you can request chev badges and we are starting to put chev badges on some australian sold commodores =)

and i'm guessing you can order the pontiac grill off the production line also? i have seen a few getting around.

gtr badge on taxi clearly a joke

If it had an LS1 in it , fuck oath i would! haha

chev.jpg

dont some come out with them from factory, as an option? i bought my ute with them already on it!! i hate them also, but i have better things to deal with than a pissy badge on the back

Alot of guys claim there 100% fair dinkum Ozzie yet, there car is JDM as fk.

Everything on my S15 is JDM as f**k apart from me, I am Aussie as f**k but I dont eat pies, I hate pies. All kinds.

the lack of knowlage of a local made car from you guys is funny as.

holdens have been making their own designed engines ever since they ditched the 6cylinder grey motor... and also the holden 308 is completely different to any other v8 in the world!!! in every way.

the add your thinking off where they say the first engine built and designed in 50 years is talking about the v6..... they havent built and designed a new 6cylinder in 50 years... so its a big thing.

The "Alloytech" 3.6 was in use overseas well before we started using them in the VZ. I used to work for the company who cast the heads and the blocks for bosch. This included the 3.0, 3.6 versions and also the 2.(I cant remember) version that the saab turbo uses. All Holden did was name the engine, same as they named that buick V6 that used to have a carby on it an "ecotech"..

Its a well documented, unfortunate side affect of AIDS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ CLASSIC!!!! :thumb:

well then i dont know the add she was talking about..... i was just assuming that was it seeing as holden havent made a new engine in a few years...

Yeah prob, but the adverts were saying Australia's first built motor :P

Show Chick????

If it had an LS1 in it , f**k oath i would! haha

chev.jpg

I think it's missing the Unit sticker

Boss 260 in a FPV?

^ and the southern cross on the rear window.

front window, faggot. don't be so un-australian! AUSSIE PRYDE FO' LIFE!

:lol:

Was under the impression cos the engine was built by chev, still has wank factor to it.

^ and the southern cross on the rear window.

Oh god thats the gayest shit I've ever seen, if you see that on someone's car you can just stereotype the driver... it's sad.

Boss 260 in a FPV?

Dont know anything about FPV, I just figure it's a special Ford otherwise people wouldn't spend that much money on one.

The LS engines are actually Chevrolet...........i had to find some bits for one so i went straight to GM in the parts book to find nothing there, but everything i needed under chevrolet, all good if you got a LS engine under your hood, but the ones that put the chev badges on the 6 cylinder commodores are just plain weird :/

I've got an Apple sticker on my Corolla.

Does that mean I think it was designed in California and built under license in China.

Although I read in a news item that a Corolla 5 prototype was recently found in a bar in Thailand.