Sign in to follow this  
Nooniesaur

S15 immobilizer

Hey guys,

I picked up an s15 a few months ago and want to learn more about the immobilizer. As so many cars are getting stolen on the coast I want to know if the standard immobilizer is any good. What do you know about it ?

And are they suppose to come with a little remote ?? Like keyless entry ?

Cheers guys,

Mercedes.

Pretty much an immobilizer is an immobilizer, depending on your model you can have it hook in with your current central locking, if you didnt get a nissan key fob with your S15 you can get an immobilizer/and or alarm that will hook into your central locking and will unlock the door and turn off the immobilizer at the same time, with a remote.

Of course, you get what you pay for, now they have key fobs/SMS that alert you when it is set off, pay a bit more and you can get a full on GPS one that can track your car if it gets stolen.

If someone can confirm, my old S14 had an alarm and immob standard, I would think S15's come with them :/

If thats the case I would look at upgrading the alarm to a GPS tracking one.

Someone mentioned your name was Speeding not Mercedes..

Thankyou (: I think a gps one would be a great assist ! How do I go about getting around the standard one ? Or can a shop just do that ?

No the name is Mercedes :D

Thankyou (: I think a gps one would be a great assist ! How do I go about getting around the standard one ? Or can a shop just do that ?

No the name is Mercedes :D

The GPS option would be the best bang for buck option, if your going to do it, do it right the first time, and if you go to a reputable place the guys would be able to do it for you. I'm not 100% on this but either they will integrate your exsiting one, or implement the new one, either way your doing something alot of people don't, and saves another person losing their car, because they would rather spend money on go faster bits than protecting their investment.

And it should be Speeding, because you got fineeeeee written all over you ^_^

I have been saving that for when I came across a female on the internets.

And are they suppose to come with a little remote ?? Like keyless entry ?

yes, they are supposed to.

you can buy the remote key from nissan and they code it to your car.

not sure, but costs around $300 from memory

Brizey, Fkn relax aye.

S14's came out with a pain in the ass immobilizer; For some reason, Mine never worked.

I got an aftermarket immobilizer/alarm installed; The guys at the shop said there is no way in hell they can remove the factory immobilizer; So they had to integrate it the new alarm/immobilizer which still works a treat.

IMO, I would get your "weapon of choice" aftermarket alarm/immobilizer system (because hey, cars are getting stolen a lot more frequently these days), And if you feel the need, Add on the GPS unit to the brand of Alarm.

If you were in Vic, I could point you in the right direction :lol:

The S15 immobiliser is pretty average actually - in the ADMs (not sure on JDMs, but seeing as we have the same car I can comment here =P) there is a little blue tag on your car key - basically this is an ID chip, that is read by the ignition barrel. If it doesn't match, it doesn't start. Or something like that anyways. Given the amount of cars that are being stolen around our way it definitely WOULDNT be enough. There is no other security that comes with it, not in the key fob or anything else, just this little chip.

The fob you are talking about is simply just keyless entry (correct me if I'm wrong?) Mine has it, and ALL it does is lock and unlock doors... so aftermarket is definitely the way to head here I reckon :) From memory the immobiliser we have is good for 2 points of car security when it comes to insurance?? Or it might be one, maybe I'm optimistic. Maybe someone can clarify that lol. Can't recommend any places off the top of my head - given I'm in Germany atm its not something I can currently chase down haha

Hope that at least helps in some way!

first thing i did when i got my car was get a 3 point immoboliser n alarm put in.

Bought a mongoose m80 off ebay for like 200 sumthin bux.. had it professionally installed for another 200 something..

wouldnt wanna take unneccessary risks..

Ok deffinately going to go aftermarket (: thanks guys ! Dont want to see snoodle getting stolen !

P.s; my boyfriend thinks I'm really pretty too :P

LOL forever alone calm down dude get out more

LOL forever alone calm down dude get out more

Did I ask for n00ds? No. Did I propisition her for fun time? No. Not only did I help her with her query, I paid her a compliment. But thankyou for your input.