Sign in to follow this  
raceline

NSW 2 DAY DRIFT MATSURI---Nov 26 & 27

We're taking off from Canberra at 6:30 :)

Gates close at 9 I think bridgy... Early morning run for you maybe?

We'll be leaving at 4.30am, cars are all sorted! SO PUMPED!

Cheers cazman. Were still chasing one. Still holding out ATM thanks for taking over the welding. Epic long day at wakie hopefully line up dies down tomorrow

such an awesome day! hope everyone is ready for tomorrow, its going to be off the chain!

Hayden Buckham has broken a rear subframe mount.

hey me too!

lucky my good mate Camo was gracious enough to lend me his 32 :hug:

thanks also to Simon for helping me fix my traction arm bolts etc on the lap prior to breaking the subframe

I'm a shit kent

PS my Apologies to Erin driving the black 180SX, didn't mean to freak you out coming down the hill when it was supposed to be an out lap

big ups to Ian from Raceline for the invite! :thumbsup:

Edited by DRF13

What a weekend! Probs one of the best and most memorable event ive been to. Had awesome fun doing massive 9 car drift train with the Newcastle MARVEL drifters. Well run event, thanks Ian! Definately need to do this more often.

Excellent event! Had so much fun, despite only getting two runs on Sunday due to a cooler joiner deciding it hated life.

Keen for pics!

Well done, Ian.

Best weekend EVER! killed some tires but the car still lives :thumb:

Start the pics + vids flowing!!!!

If any one has pics of me in soarer and Nathan weasel having some runs from sun morning post em up I'm sure Nathan wants pics of both his cars in action haha

i got a whole bunch of shots of you guys, should have a big post of photos up in the next few days

Big thanks to Ian, everyone at raceline, and everyone who helped out on the day, had an awesome weekend, absolutely ruined, not nearly as much as the 32, thing is wrecked lol

Edited by nisskid

Fantastic weekend, Great to get a win at wakefield. Nick has had 2x3rd places & 2 x 2nd places. To get a 1st against you guys was awesome. Great battles & great driving by all. Pitty the day ended with a Big Bang for the 25. Sorry for the down time on track but we thought it had just dropped cyl. still had oil pressure & didnt realize it had put a leg out. The track guy told us to come help clean up & when the boys gotup there they were told to f..off by the same guy????? Good to meet you guys & a big thanks to stewy for the diff on Sunday Morning :) Glad we could also help a few different guys out with bits & pieces.

I had an awesome time big trains with all the Newy boys were so much fun! Bring on the next one.

Great weekend..!!

Thanks to everyone that helped organize this even and run it on the days..

Had the best multi car runs all weekend,with it getting up to 9 cars.

Pity about my spin resulting in a mate touching up my front end,nothing that can't be fixed tho :thumb:

More events like this the better !

great event. looking forward to the next one. although an earlier start to track time on sun would have been good.

great event. looking forward to the next one. although an earlier start to track time on sun would have been good.

No cant happen mate, local council laws, besides at 8.45 there was only about 3 or 4 guys ready to go.

Next one is in may, entries will be up in a couple of weeks

EXEDY NSW 2 DAY DRIFT MATSURI + PRO DRIFT ALL STARS

This was an amazing event from start to finish, friday afternoon saw around 50 drifters sign in & get the open session late friday afternoon, saturday morning came around & it was pouring with rain, however by 10am it had cleared up to turn out to be a day that provided a lot of unexpected sunburn for the 130 + drifters who signed in pumped up for a day of drifting fun. The first Matsuri session saw a lot of off track "mud runs" as drivers got settled in to this awesome track which for Stadium Drifting also has a short track in use & running at the same time as the long track, this format proved to be a huge success with drivers permitted to line up for their track of choice.

The saturday of this two day festival also saw the running of the qualifying for Australias first ever "Pro Drift All Stars" following an awesome three round qualifier James Abbot (JABBOT) "Team Project D" came out as the top dog for the sunday 16 car shootout final. Team mate Scott Schembri was second ahead of our SA hard charger Decs Walsh.

Day one finished with a huge three hour Matsuri session with almost all cars on track for a non stop session which ended at around 5.30.

Day two, sunday again looked gloomy & threatened rain however by 10am again it had cleared to be hot & breezy for what surely must have been the biggest ever drift event to be held in NSW.

The first session again saw a huge number of cars make it to the start line for the first session, amazingly there was very few with broken cars. The first session again saw some spectacular action from this super keen line up of drifters from Four states, again the action was non stop with a couple of exceptions due to overdriving & cars ending up stuck in the sand pit.

Then at around midday the EXEDY "PRO DRIFT ALL STARS" top 16 hit the track for some of the most fierce battle action we have seen, the top four were JABBOT from Coulson, Weisell & Gav Edwards, JABBOT & Edwards fought it out for third & fourth while Coulson & Weissel were amazing in their efforts to take the top spot & the $1000 that go with it.

After some very close runs & re-runs, Coulson took the top spot from the very hard charging Nathan Weisell, with some cagy tactics & tyre changing drama Coulson took a very popular win.

The event was an amazing success with the Stadium Drift format of a tough comp combined with the Matsuri proving to be a winner all round.

Huge thanks to EXEDY CLUTCHS for their support.

Edited by raceline

massive effort from the SA guys for doing the trip over

Hell yeah, but they had a ball, awesome bunch to deal with as well.

Fantastic weekend, Great to get a win at wakefield. Nick has had 2x3rd places & 2 x 2nd places. To get a 1st against you guys was awesome. Great battles & great driving by all. Pitty the day ended with a Big Bang for the 25. Sorry for the down time on track but we thought it had just dropped cyl. still had oil pressure & didnt realize it had put a leg out. The track guy told us to come help clean up & when the boys gotup there they were told to f..off by the same guy????? Good to meet you guys & a big thanks to stewy for the diff on Sunday Morning smile.png Glad we could also help a few different guys out with bits & pieces.

Nick has definitely talent. When he keeps up the good work and with the support of his family he'll go a long way.

Edited by Herb

Fantastic weekend, Great to get a win at wakefield. Nick has had 2x3rd places & 2 x 2nd places. To get a 1st against you guys was awesome. Great battles & great driving by all. Pitty the day ended with a Big Bang for the 25. Sorry for the down time on track but we thought it had just dropped cyl. still had oil pressure & didnt realize it had put a leg out. The track guy told us to come help clean up & when the boys gotup there they were told to f..off by the same guy????? Good to meet you guys & a big thanks to stewy for the diff on Sunday Morning :) Glad we could also help a few different guys out with bits & pieces.

Nick has definitely talent. When he keeps up the good work and with the support of his family he'll go a long way.

Thanks Herb, I take my hat off to him with his ability. I drove the 32 in the early days when it was a std rb20 & didnt do too bad at a small track like Archy, but I took it out on Sunday for 3 laps & spent more time on the grass than the track :doh: . So hard to get it to drift & he seems to just do it with ease. He lost power steering just before the 3rd heat in Qualifing & had to run Ferds without it. That would have been killer, but he still managed to keep it on track & qualified 7th :thumb: .

Again Fantastic weekend even if it may have been the last drift event we can do due to the engine going pop & still dont have any sponsors for the 2012 season :(

[Again Fantastic weekend even if it may have been the last drift event we can do due to the engine going pop & still dont have any sponsors for the 2012 season sad.png

back to basics, having a crazy engine is cool, but if it's the choice between driving with a lesser car, and not driving a better car, the choice is fairly simple haha

Agreed. Don't need power to be competitive. Decs qualified 3rd with all of 170 rwkw. I know if my motor and turbo blew I'd put a stocker in there to get going again. Sucks sitting on the sidelines

[Again Fantastic weekend even if it may have been the last drift event we can do due to the engine going pop & still dont have any sponsors for the 2012 season :(

back to basics, having a crazy engine is cool, but if it's the choice between driving with a lesser car, and not driving a better car, the choice is fairly simple haha

Its not just the engine issue, the cost of the events,travel & tyres. Engine in Nicks isnt/wasnt "crazy". Forged bottom end & High mount Turbo is all it was. Still running std rb20 computer.

im in the same boat mate. and have been doing it for much longer. probs to nick for being an awesome driver at the age he is and having his parents support. I didnt have any of that and have had to slowly build my way up. and yet still i fund stuff myself because i cant get any sponsorship that covers expenses of events :(

so now i just do what i can and have fun doing it.

Edited by Simon-S14

Pretty sure you are suppose to tie the helmet to your head... :ph34r:

So how many cars didnt you drive over the weekend...? haha

Edited by Chich.