Sign in to follow this  
saadn

things that annoy you

Anyway, more on-topic....Julia Zemiro really annoys me, but I'm not even sure why

272456-julia-zemiro.jpg

Sucks, cos I like Rockwiz usually

Edited by Swos

That guy that posted in here saying he didn't like people calling him "mate"

I just remembered it for no reason an made me think what the f**k?

That was me! :lol:

It was just over some kid working at KFC calling every customer 'mate'. Like, respect your elders? I worked with an apprentice for a while who called every customer 'bro' or 'bruh', and referred to every female customer as a 'bitch'. Note: referred to, not actually said to their face.

FWIW, I've got no problem with people I actually know, calling me 'mate' :lol:

That guy that posted in here saying he didn't like people calling him "mate"

I just remembered it for no reason an made me think what the f**k?

Although Bloke was talking about something different, I'll admit I'm really not a fan of the slang term. The easiest way to sound like you crawled out of a gutter is to call everyone 'mate'. I only ever use it to build rapport when dealing with bogans or chavs. Unless you're talking about sailors or animal breeding, it isn't useful.

"Thanks mate" can be said as "Thanks" or "Thank you".

"Got a few mates heading out" can be said as "Got a few friends heading out".

"Mate?" can be said as "What?", "Where are you?", "Get over here" or to use the person's f**king name to get their attention.

Rant aside, hearing it doesn't bother or upset me, it just sounds like sh*t in my opinion, same as bitch/brah/bro/brother/cuz/c*nt/matey/son/etc. Certainly none of these terms should ever be used in business.

That's just it, really.

That same kid at KFC a few weeks back was calling out to a guy who walked away from the counter, but accidently left a drink behind. The kid was shouting "Mate! Mate!", and the guy kept walking. Like, no shit idiot. Of course he's going to keep walking. As if he'd respond to "mate". It wasn't until another customer called after him "Excuse me, sir!", that he turned around and realised what happened.

I'm guilty of using the term mate.... mainly because I'm bad with names. I don't however think I over use the term. I feel "Mate" is Australian and is the equivalent of "friend" in the US of A

Depending on the customer will depend on what language I use, but I have won't go into boganisms... gotta look a little professional :lol:

i ride mountain bikes/bikes

good luck to any cop ever trying to stop me on my bike ever.

But what about the cops on giants mbs..........

With their red and blue flashing lights... Reminds me an old us tv show where the cops would ride around on bikes doing 360s off cars and stuff chasing after some random.

when cops cant tell the difference between a S and a 5 and now i have to prove i have my security license

i ride mountain bikes/bikes

good luck to any cop ever trying to stop me on my bike ever.

But what about the cops on giants mbs..........

With their red and blue flashing lights... Reminds me an old us tv show where the cops would ride around on bikes doing 360s off cars and stuff chasing after some random.

funnilly enough. i was out in town last night with some mates... and seen a couple cops on bikes. one of them completely ate shit up the ass off the other cops bike and both staked it.

it was the greatest thing i had seen, in a long ling time.

so still a safe bet they wont keep up haha

hahaha they're not even allowed to drop off gutters... they're got zero chance.

Erratic drivers that can't keep a constant speed.

hahaha they're not even allowed to drop off gutters... they're got zero chance.

haha

if their riding is anything like their driving they're a danger to themselves and everyone around them.

I'm guilty of using the term mate.... mainly because I'm bad with names. I don't however think I over use the term. I feel "Mate" is Australian and is the equivalent of "friend" in the US of A

Depending on the customer will depend on what language I use, but I have won't go into boganisms... gotta look a little professional :lol:

guilty also. it's totally unfair for me on the name front. I'm 6' 5" with a goatee. Everyone remembers me... makes committing crime so damn hard...

Edited by pyro

Erratic drivers that can't keep a constant speed.

Or even worse, erratic or slow drivers who speed up when you try to overtake them.

It's at times like that i wish i had a bullbar so i could start shunting them every time they slow down!

Ebayers that wont post your item until your money has been successfully transferred from their Paypal to their bank account.

You already have my money, just send me my things!

Oh, and the khunt who sent me something from America and took a week to decide to post it, even when I paid an extra $35 to have it express posted. I wanted it express posted because I needed it urgently. Thanks to him, I had to knock back work, because I didn't have the equipment I was waiting on to do it! If I was prepared to wait nearly 3 weeks for it, I wouldn't have bothered.

On the flip-side, ebayers who win an auction that ends on a Saturday morning, then send you an abusive message on the Sunday because you haven't marked it as sent yet. Gee, I wonder why?

when im measureing my dick and the ruller has like an extra mm of blank plastic before the lines start. f**k i hate that

Ebayers that wont post your item until your money has been successfully transferred from their Paypal to their bank account.

You already have my money, just send me my things!

Oh, and the khunt who sent me something from America and took a week to decide to post it, even when I paid an extra $35 to have it express posted. I wanted it express posted because I needed it urgently. Thanks to him, I had to knock back work, because I didn't have the equipment I was waiting on to do it! If I was prepared to wait nearly 3 weeks for it, I wouldn't have bothered.

On the flip-side, ebayers who win an auction that ends on a Saturday morning, then send you an abusive message on the Sunday because you haven't marked it as sent yet. Gee, I wonder why?

another ebay one

when something is local but dont allow pick up

(Perhaps because I drive a slow and heaps uncool JDM car this below post is completely invalid - maybe I'll make a separate thread for this)

Driving (and car ownership) Etiquette I think needs to be addressed: Sure you can start your car, take off - stick or not, read street signs and other but there's still a few things that should be fixed.

1: Indicate BEFORE you change lanes - not during.

2: Wear sunglasses - don't use the stupid flip down visor because generally you wont see me trying to indicate into your lane.

3. Don't look at your passengers when talking - Similarly if you're on your phone and think you're being sneaky - you're a dumbshit because it's obvious as all hell when you're looking down every 5 seconds.

4. Is it overcast? Is it raining? Is it both? -TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON.

5. It's okay to let the cool kid in his 180sx/S14/Silvia/Supra/VS SS/XR8 Tickford rev like a knob - don't acknowledge it and let him go.

6. Stay the f**k out of A ) The bicycle lane and B ) The lanes either side of the one you're in. (This is breaking the law - but it's also being a tosser first and foremost to those around you)

7. HIDs while they look great may as well be solar flares - sending information to other planets via bright lights - have them pointing down (please?)

8. Don't tailgate - don't do 65 in 60 zones - it's annoying as shit - if I'm not doing the speed limit it's probably because I'm stuck behind someone turning or they're going slow enough as it is.good

9. Once stopped - stop creeping/edging up - put it in neutral - handbrake up and relax.

when im measureing my dick and the ruller has like an extra mm of blank plastic before the lines start. f**k i hate that

Use the metal rulers.

(Perhaps because I drive a slow and heaps uncool JDM car this below post is completely invalid - maybe I'll make a separate thread for this)

Driving (and car ownership) Etiquette I think needs to be addressed: Sure you can start your car, take off - stick or not, read street signs and other but there's still a few things that should be fixed.

1: Indicate BEFORE you change lanes - not during.

2: Wear sunglasses - don't use the stupid flip down visor because generally you wont see me trying to indicate into your lane.

3. Don't look at your passengers when talking - Similarly if you're on your phone and think you're being sneaky - you're a dumbshit because it's obvious as all hell when you're looking down every 5 seconds.

4. Is it overcast? Is it raining? Is it both? -TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON.

5. It's okay to let the cool kid in his 180sx/S14/Silvia/Supra/VS SS/XR8 Tickford rev like a knob - don't acknowledge it and let him go.

6. Stay the f**k out of A ) The bicycle lane and B ) The lanes either side of the one you're in. (This is breaking the law - but it's also being a tosser first and foremost to those around you)

7. HIDs while they look great may as well be solar flares - sending information to other planets via bright lights - have them pointing down (please?)

8. Don't tailgate - don't do 65 in 60 zones - it's annoying as shit - if I'm not doing the speed limit it's probably because I'm stuck behind someone turning or they're going slow enough as it is.good

9. Once stopped - stop creeping/edging up - put it in neutral - handbrake up and relax.

how does the above affect you?

to be bothered by the road rules, or people ignoring them, one would need to be the owner/driver of a working vehicle....

pedestrians need not complain, keep on the footpath and all will be good.

Ouch lol

Miss uplate

Glad we still share the gripe about people not using headlights AP. It's not hard and it won't cost you more in carbon tax or petrol.

Ouch lol

Miss uplate

Glad we still share the gripe about people not using headlights AP. It's not hard and it won't cost you more in carbon tax or petrol.

Uplate is still there but it's shit.

yeah lights things pisses me off. Even in the daytime in clear weather people should have their lights on if they are out on rural roads/freeways etc. Makes it a shit load easier to gauge overtaking, especially if you are driving something that needs a 1km run up like me.