Sign in to follow this  
saadn

things that annoy you

I hate cyclists, and people that" carnt spall pr0parly"

shitty argument do you report everyone who runs a red in there car? go into a cop shop and report a car theyll laugh at you, if you want to start registering cyclist you may as well register pedestrians just incase they j walkcars being registered obviously stops all there crappy driving and law breaking doesnt it....and id happily pay a registration that accounts for weight of my vehicle and emissions if it meant id stop hearing that shit but being registered isnt going to stop the bad cyclist just like it doesn't stop the bad motorists thats the facts

Ever noticed how many cyclists have cameras on their helmets these days?

It is for video evidence of an incident to use in legal proceedings against motorists.

Just get the plates on camera and you are set.

Motorists cannot do the same thing to obtain evidence on a cyclist who causes a crash.

I am not talking about reporting cyclists for running the red, i am talking about cyclists who kick the side of peoples cars, assault drivers or who's shitty behaviour was responsible for causing a crash.

If somebody gets the ID of the cyclist before they do a runner, they are much easier to track down.

Furthermore it prevents cyclists from being as brazen and carefree about the shit they do to other people.

As for rego, there is much more to it than just the weight and emissions of your bike. There is also the stack of money that goes into creating cyclist infrastructure.

Edited by Chappy
  • Upvote 2

ok you got a point there but it doesn't change the fact its just not going to happenwhen it comes down to it road rules apply to everyone using the road if a cop sees us doing something wrong or dui we get fined the same, a cyclist crashing into you isnt going to hurt you, if a cyclist pulls out in front of you and you swerve into on coming traffic thats your bad, if you hit the cyclist its the cyclists fault, I wouldn't swerve for an animal at high speed its common sense

Edited by chris_c30

IMO the only way to solve it is to take cyclists of the road, or have few dedicated roads (i.e. esplanades and scenic routes, water fronts, botanical gardens etc) as designated cyclists areas where cars and traffic share roads. In order for cyclist to compensate for their road tax, they pay a tax upon purchasing the bike, or clothes or must join a club and pay through the club anally.

Otherwise theres cycling tracks that should be cyclist only, as well as walking paths shared with cyclists, so really they get the best of both worlds.

also isn't there a fine for going "to slow"? is it something to do with holding up traffic? I'm not sure but wouldn't they violate that? especially if riding 2-3 abreast. (i like saying breast)

That is what i have never understood about cyclists.

A driver can be fined for driving more than 30km/h below the speed limit, yet i have seen plenty of cyclists riding down 70 zones holing up a whole lane and somehow the drivers have to make allowances for them.

dedicated cycle zones would only work for the same people that ride in parks currently, it would not work for cyclists that cycle for actual transport you cant have paths going everywhere, I agree that all roads over a certain speed limit should have adequate cycle room or cyclists just shouldn't be allowed to ride there? and riding three abrest is illegal anyway and stupid those riders should be fined

shitty argument do you report everyone who runs a red in there car? go into a cop shop and report a car theyll laugh at you, if you want to start registering cyclist you may as well register pedestrians just incase they j walkcars being registered obviously stops all there crappy driving and law breaking doesnt it....and id happily pay a registration that accounts for weight of my vehicle and emissions if it meant id stop hearing that shit but being registered isnt going to stop the bad cyclist just like it doesn't stop the bad motorists thats the facts

Lol, you have to be taking the piss there man. There is absolutely no way a bicycle registration fee would be calculated based on your chomoly tubing and how much you breathe, sweat and fart. It would be a flat rate based on cost estimates to construct bicycle-specific lanes, tracks, road expansions, signs and markings. That stuff is really expensive to implement, so the fee would not be cheap.

With regard to the fees stopping bad motorists from driving, you have that backwards. The fees are there to expand infrastructure and mop up after the bad motorists have caused problems, as it costs money to do that. Enforcing identification is what combats bad driving, as it aids dishing out penalties and punishments for infringements.

In saying all of that though, I honestly cannot fathom why you're even defending the cycling community here. The quantity of self-entitled d*ckheads per capita is far higher in cyclists than motorists, at least from what I've seen walking, driving, running and riding.

Edited by pmod
  • Upvote 2

thats it - 30kmph under the limit = fine... but I'm pretty sure its not really enforced, kind of like jay walking in small towns.

I really wish we had more power as people/citizens/road users/tax payers etc to actually make a point about this, essentially cyclists have done more bad than good for our roads and no-one (government corps) seem to give a f**k.

im not defending all cyclists im defending the good ones, and car rego is calculated by weight and emissions hence the slippery scale from trucks to motorbikes. I dont judge all drivers by the many bad ones I don't assume that there all shit but cyclists all seem to carry the rep of the shit ones, people need to lose the me me me attitude does it really hurt your brains that much to slow down until you can overtake a cyclist? What about a car parked on the side of the road you have to wait until its safe to go around should we ban road side parking too?, im gonna stop the argument there ive said what I wanted to say but when it comes down to it there's laws being made for cyclists that shouldn't have to be made but they are being made so people are going to have to start being safe

I don't like having to risk a crash trying to merge with traffic going 40km/h faster than me just because some self important *richard cranium* does not want to ride near the gutter.

If you're one of the good cyclists, you have nothing to worry about by introducing license plates. Just like you don't have to worry about speed cameras if you don't speed. I doubt many people would be picked up or fined anyhow. It's more of a way to keep people accountable. Just like YouTube wanting users to use their real names in the comments. You're less likely to act like a dick if people know who you are.

If you're one of the good cyclists, you have nothing to worry about by introducing license plates. Just like you don't have to worry about speed cameras if you don't speed. I doubt many people would be picked up or fined anyhow. It's more of a way to keep people accountable. Just like YouTube wanting users to use their real names in the comments. You're less likely to act like a dick if people know who you are.

It's never stopped me, I still give them a fake name and abuse heaps of people.

i ride my bmx bike a fair bit on the roads. so id expect youd want me to pay rego on that?

suck. my. dick.

i think that cyclists are the most annoying f**ks out there. but wanting people to pay rego on bikes is bullshit. i pay enough on my 3 cars and motorbike.

• Downvote 1

i ride my bmx bike a fair bit on the roads. so id expect youd want me to pay rego on that?

suck. my. dick.

i think that cyclists are the most annoying f**ks out there. but wanting people to pay rego on bikes is bullshit. i pay enough on my 3 cars and motorbike.

Of course there would need to be a distinction otherwise we would be charging rego to 10 year olds.

There is a clear difference between somebody going for a bash on their BMX and somebody who rides their bike to work every day on arterial roads.

im not defending all cyclists im defending the good ones, and car rego is calculated by weight and emissions hence the slippery scale from trucks to motorbikes. I dont judge all drivers by the many bad ones I don't assume that there all shit but cyclists all seem to carry the rep of the shit ones, people need to lose the me me me attitude does it really hurt your brains that much to slow down until you can overtake a cyclist? What about a car parked on the side of the road you have to wait until its safe to go around should we ban road side parking too?, im gonna stop the argument there ive said what I wanted to say but when it comes down to it there's laws being made for cyclists that shouldn't have to be made but they are being made so people are going to have to start being safe

Since when lol

thats it - 30kmph under the limit = fine... but I'm pretty sure its not really enforced, kind of like jay walking in small towns.

I really wish we had more power as people/citizens/road users/tax payers etc to actually make a point about this, essentially cyclists have done more bad than good for our roads and no-one (government corps) seem to give a f**k.

you must live in a small world not to have noticed the government talks and public discussion going on regarding bike lanes, wakl/bike paths and share the road campaign that's been going on over the last few years.

I admit that SA has more of this due to the tour down under, but QLD are leading the states in regards to trails and laws for sharing the road.

also qld has fined 88 cyclists since the start of the laws so its a good start both sides need to respect the laws and what each other are experiencing on the road improvements are being made

you must live in a small world not to have noticed the government talks and public discussion going on regarding bike lanes, wakl/bike paths and share the road campaign that's been going on over the last few years.

I admit that SA has more of this due to the tour down under, but QLD are leading the states in regards to trails and laws for sharing the road.

I've highlighted the words that summed it up perfectly, "talks" and discussions" are all they ever do, they've not actually taken any preventative measures except a few lousy add campaigns.

They don't even enforce the simplest of rules for cyclist to make them more visible, that is of corse to make it compulsory to wear high vis vests.

In other comments, I totally agree that we need to separate the weekend BMX rider or mountain bike rider to the street cyclist.

Either way something needs to happen because with the current situation they are at serious risk of injury, I would have thought it to be common sense to not have cyclists ride along with machines and vehicles that could kill them in an instant.... it just makes no sense....

I've highlighted the words that summed it up perfectly, "talks" and discussions" are all they ever do, they've not actually taken any preventative measures except a few lousy add campaigns.

They don't even enforce the simplest of rules for cyclist to make them more visible, that is of corse to make it compulsory to wear high vis vests.

In other comments, I totally agree that we need to separate the weekend BMX rider or mountain bike rider to the street cyclist.

Either way something needs to happen because with the current situation they are at serious risk of injury, I would have thought it to be common sense to not have cyclists ride along with machines and vehicles that could kill them in an instant.... it just makes no sense....

oh so the green cycling lanes, the bike paths that connect POI's around adelaide, the trial laws just got implemented this week in Brisbane with Adelaide soon to follow, public feedback on government proposals (this means if no objections, they will action it) for new bike lanes that is divided from the main roads by a barriers don't count as preventative measures?

ok then

They should just be banned from roads, keep them on the footpath and make it illegal to ride on the road.

• Upvote 1

lol did you not notice the 80 plus cyclists that have been fined since the new laws coming out, should everyone whos caught speeding be banned from the road?

No but they (car drivers)should be banned from driving if they drive on the footpath ;)

Edited by gomanji

it is against the law for a adult cyclist to ride on the footpath too so both should be banned I reckon :-)

I live in VIC mate, I couldn't care less whats happening in old or SA, they could make your cyclists wear bright pink and have dildo handle bars and I still wouldn't give a shit.

so maybe your state is more subject to except these added risks to your roads.

Let me know how this new green cycling lanes and bike paths thing turns out.

Edited by Danny180sx

I live in VIC mate, I couldn't care less whats happening in old or SA, they could make your cyclists wear bright pink and have dildo handle bars and I still wouldn't give a shit.

so maybe your state is more subject to except these added risks to your roads.

Let me know how this new green cycling lanes and bike paths thing turns out.

so when you say "no one" and "government", it was limited to your state while talking about a national issue on a national site in a general sub section not state specific, we are only to discuss the state you currently reside in as examples of "everyone" and "government".

quick make the state sub section things that annoy you thread... When it comes down to it states follow each others success it would be naive to think that whats happening in other places wont effect you too in the future, and in the world we live in you got to be careful with what you do because theres a good chance its being recorded

All cyclists should be required by law to cart around a selection of food and beverages which any motorist can purchase from them whenever they feel the desire. It would be the cyclists lawful obligation to stop and serve a customer whenever requested. I feel this would greatly improve the attitude of drivers towards cyclists as instead of seeing an unpredictable rolling road block they would now see a mobile banana pancake stall or their favourite morning coffee. Likewise cyclists attitudes would improve as they would now know that its their lawful obligation to cater to all of the motorists needs first while on their commute.

Edited by EnFlaMEd
  • Upvote 3

and the odd cyclist will deal drugs on your daily commute.

• Downvote 2

All cyclists should be required by law to cart around a selection of food and beverages which any motorist can purchase from them whenever they feel the desire.

Ya know what..... that idea has merit.

I like it.

The extra cargo space might help all the fat cyclists I see in the city, squeezed into their little lycra shots, actually lose that beer gut.

Edited by pmod
  • Upvote 1