Sign in to follow this  
saadn

things that annoy you

wtf wrong thread... delete post lol

edit:

You can hit delete in the bottom right of your post to delete it.

Some programmer extraordinaire you are.

yeryer

Things that annoy me, Hrm so so many. The first and most recent that spring to mind is the stupid bitch that did not give way to the car (me) in the roundabout to her right and I only just hit her, smudging her stupid f*cking homo white camry paint onto my 6 day old resprayed Jdm s14a front bar.

Who then had the audacity to give ne and my boyfriend an evil glare as she put her car back into gear and drive off (baby in the back) like I was in the wrong, leaving me raging out and swearing at her like a son of a bitch. At the time I smacked the breaks on hell hard and thought it didn't touch, turned out it had, she's fckn lucky it wasn't enough to feel it at the time of impact, because she'd be up for a new respray >.>

Correcting grammar just makes you look stupid.

irony.jpg

How every bogan in a VL, VN, VR, VS tries to give me a run. When I finally cave and boot it. I start braking to slow down, they come flying past a few seconds later and claim their victory.

How every bogan in a VL, VN, VR, VS tries to give me a run. When I finally cave and boot it. I start braking to slow down, they come flying past a few seconds later and claim their victory.

Known as the 'loser fly by'.

Grammer

agree'd on all topics.

Do you notice that the people who actually correct grammar alot generally aren't very bright at all?

Its kind of like there way at having a grab at somebody who's in a higher role, "Hey im correcting your grammar your not very smart at all"

Grammer

agree'd on all topics.

Do you notice that the people who actually correct grammar alot generally aren't very bright at all?

Its kind of like there way at having a grab at somebody who's in a higher role, "Hey im correcting your grammar your not very smart at all"

489825-should-i-buy-rolex-sub-16610-first-watch-notsureifserious_re_oops_he_tripped_and_fell-s469x304-179758.jpg

Or they just can't stand horrible english and it breaks your train of thought when words are written in the wrong context.

My 6 year old gf calling me a pedofile

:lol: /thread

People.

whack.gif

***SNIP!!***

wow f**k me... talk about one of my all time f**k ups... just noticed it... :lol:

grammer (grammar) fail... :lol:

and another thing that bugs the f**k out of me... not having a cold for about 4 years... and finally copping a woolly mammoth of a cold over the weekend and having trouble shaking it while having to rock up to work... seriously felt like I was about to pass out at work today...

Grammer

agree'd on all topics.

Man I put forward this simple point when anyone pulls that GP (as I affectionately abbreviate it) crap in my presence, and that is 'if you can't comprehend what someone is saying within the context of the conversation regardless of their grammar, you are a solid peasant CEE yoU Next Tuesday.'

Or they just can't stand horrible english and it breaks your train of thought when words are written in the wrong context.

Really you find that bad grammar breaks your train of thought?wtf1.gif

You're joking right?

Do you have a cup under your mouth to catch the drool that seeps ever so slowly from it?

If the subject of the conversation never changes, it's quite easy to understand the context that someone is communicating in no matter how bad their grammar is. If you can't overlook it and it really inconveniences you to the point where you have to stop putting your point across to correct them, then perhaps its high time you found better things to do with your life than get offended by poor grammar. Soon enough you'll start calling doctors up on their poor handwriting...

My 6 year old gf calling me a pedofile

Pedophile

salute_1504842c.jpg

***lays down grammer nazi hammer***

aahh I knew that at one point or another someone would pull out some GRAMMER policinglaugh.gif epic fail...

or maybe he just pulled out his poetic license..

People who chew with their mouth open, or really obnoxiously.

My little brother used to do it, it drove me mad.. haha SO TRUE, completely agree

Monday-Wednesday!

I f**king hate waking up in the morning. I miss afternoon shift.

You're joking right?

Do you have a cup under your mouth to catch the drool that seeps ever so slowly from it?

If the subject of the conversation never changes, it's quite easy to understand the context that someone is communicating in no matter how bad their grammar is. If you can't overlook it and it really inconveniences you to the point where you have to stop putting your point across to correct them, then perhaps its high time you found better things to do with your life than get offended by poor grammar. Soon enough you'll start calling doctors up on their poor handwriting...

It's like watching a movie and then someone says an over used cheesy one liner or dials a number starting with 555, it just distants you from what you are doing/reading/watching.

If we were all in high school, no big deal. But we're all adults here, show some pride and maturity. You might be saving time by not bothering with your typing, but it costs everyone trying to read it. It really isn't that hard to put in that extra 1% of effort.

ill add some R8, SS and some SUVs

You're joking right?

It's like watching a movie and then someone says an over used cheesy one liner or dials a number starting with 555, it just distants you from what you are doing/reading/watching.

If we were all in high school, no big deal. But we're all adults here, show some pride and maturity. You might be saving time by not bothering with your typing, but it costs everyone trying to read it. It really isn't that hard to put in that extra 1% of effort.

So I can safely assume you'd spend that extra 1% correcting someone's poor grammar... Whatever happened to letting bygones be bygones, using some social intelligence and just tolerating it? As you mentioned yourself we're all adults here, so we'd in saying so be above petty crap like correcting poor grammar. Yes teachers do it, but when I last checked, it was their job to do so....

There's a big difference in showing pride and maturity as opposed to being an outright intolerant dick. Don't get me wrong these things have their time and place, an essay for a say somone's PhD on the evolution of english? Of course grammar is key and must be adressed, but this is just a forum, facebook is just a social networking site etc...

It's more or less just common decency, you wouldn't want anyone pointing out your inadequacies, faults or choices whenever they arise, I'm pretty sure they'd just piss you off..

I know what you're saying, and I really don't care if people genuinely aren't that great at spelling, or miss apostrophes or capitals. But really basic stuff like your/you're, their/there/they're, use/used, etc is fundamental to constructing a sentence.

I was the same, I didn't really care that much. I used to type in 'MS Word english'. Just correct enough so MS Word would auto correct things for me. But then for my job I had to write proper reports. And then when online chatting, I would use horrible shortcut english. So I had 3 different standards depending what I was doing. It was just a bad habbit and is much easier to type to the best of your ability.

I know what you're saying, and I really don't care if people genuinely aren't that great at spelling, or miss apostrophes or capitals. But really basic stuff like your/you're, their/there/they're, use/used, etc is fundamental to constructing a sentence.

I was the same, I didn't really care that much. I used to type in 'MS Word english'. Just correct enough so MS Word would auto correct things for me. But then for my job I had to write proper reports. And then when online chatting, I would use horrible shortcut english. So I had 3 different standards depending what I was doing. It was just a bad habbit and is much easier to type to the best of your ability.

But that's it, there's a time and place for everything, bad habit or not (see isn't that annoying?), there's no need to judge someone for grammar that isn't up to scratch in your books. I mean regardless of whether it's your/you're, were/where/wear/we're etc. If you know what they're talking about, and I'm sure that 9/10 times you would know, why correct them? And even if it's the 1/10, couldn't you just ask them to rephrase their post? correcting someone to save face in a debate more or less proves you have nothing to add to your case, it's almost on the same level as insulting someone who has bested you in an argument..

But that's it, there's a time and place for everything, bad habit or not (see isn't that annoying?), there's no need to judge someone for grammar that isn't up to scratch in your books. I mean regardless of whether it's your/you're, were/where/wear/we're etc. If you know what they're talking about, and I'm sure that 9/10 times you would know, why correct them? And even if it's the 1/10, couldn't you just ask them to rephrase their post? correcting someone to save face in a debate more or less proves you have nothing to add to your case, it's almost on the same level as insulting someone who has bested you in an argument..

People love to feel above others, and by correcting somebodies grammar, regardless of the intelligence level of either party they feel superior.

If somebody consistently has bad grammar and/or spelling, then i will occasionally correct them out of courtesy.

I don't think anyone really gets corrected on here. Everyone on this forum would be susceptible if that was the case. Like I said, just put in that extra effort and it makes these forums a much nicer place.

I doubt anyone feels superior by correcting people. I'm by no means 'smart' or claim to be. However I do enjoy learning and reserching things. I spend a lot of time on sites like TED or Wikipedia discussing innovating the human race. Then you come on a forum and see 'wats da best car for mi frdz coz their r alot of cars to by' and you just think 'what the f**k'.

And there is a BIG difference between being courteous and condescending.

Oh here's another pet peeve of mine, I logged onto facebook the other day,and saw a post stating FML, and about 30 replies asking what happened. Obviously it wasn't that big a deal seeing as you chucked it up on facebook, so eat some concrete, shet out bricks, build a bridge and get over it. If it is a big deal, don't be a pity whore and keep that crap to yourself and lovedones, I'm sure they can give you the support you need...

I love ranting, I might start up a blog to expose my hate.