Sign in to follow this  
rushhh

E85

f**k buying the drumed stuff... its pretty expensive.

have been running uniteds E85 for the last year... i must have burnt thro over 1000 L's with the track days i have done by now... all with ZERO problems. cheap too at 1.15 a L usually

I know its been covered, But just checking

currently have a HKS2510 with nismo 740's ...215kw

I assume these injectors will cut it with E85,

Will they be sufficant for say something like a 2530 or T518z on e85

(say looking for 230-240kw)

im out of fuel with 850's and HKS GTRS at 255 locky..

my s15 is a daily, been running e85 witgh dual maps for almost 3 years now

90% of the time i have been running E85, i let my tank go close to empty (just after the light comes on) if i want to change fuels.

i dont see what the big deal is? if you want to change fuels on the fly then u need to do a setup with 2 tanks like what Kemp has done.

dunno why u need that though, nice but not needed.

What ECU do you use for dual maps? Do you retune for summer/winter?

Cheers.

Might be worth gettin a tank full and tune in the winter, not really keen on gettin a seasonal tune and prob won't notice much difference in power delivery between e85 and the lower% mix's, that way anything else is a bonus and money in the bank when it comes to engine protection

Either way if these ethanol testers are acurate they sound like good insurance

f**k buying the drumed stuff... its pretty expensive.

have been running uniteds E85 for the last year... i must have burnt thro over 1000 L's with the track days i have done by now... all with ZERO problems. cheap too at 1.15 a L usually

Same here the drum e85 I to expensive for me

Haven't had any problems with pump e85 anyways

my s15 is a daily, been running e85 witgh dual maps for almost 3 years now

90% of the time i have been running E85, i let my tank go close to empty (just after the light comes on) if i want to change fuels.

i dont see what the big deal is? if you want to change fuels on the fly then u need to do a setup with 2 tanks like what Kemp has done.

dunno why u need that though, nice but not needed.

What ECU do you use for dual maps? Do you retune for summer/winter?

Cheers.

Almost any high end ecu on the market will support dual map

Power fc and nistune won't support it

I read on the haltech forum that they are currently looking at add flex sensor support to the platinum sport series. link here - http://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9144

e: E85 profiling feature sport2000

icon_post_target.gifby HaltechScott on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 am

Haltech is currently looking into supported this feature on the Sport series ECU. The Pro series already supports it.

If you would like to discuss ways to perform this task in the ECU's current trim feel free to give me a call,

Kind Regards

Scott

scott@haltech.com- support@haltech.com

Ph: +612 9729 0999

Fax: +612 9729 0900

Please e-mail support directly for earliest reply.

bad is really only the fact that it uses 30% more so u need more often than not bigger injectors, braided lines, bigger pump or two new rail...depending on other mods ofcourse. A lot more power to be had on e85 though, also more knock resistant so safer for your engine, less emissions so better for the environment...slightly high startup costs but you will pay roughly the same at the pump because whilst u consume more, it costs like a dollar a litre...smells funky as well lol

Uses more like 50% more, very hard to start if it's a really cold morning, expensive ($3/L in WA).

Other than that it's really good. More power, cooler temps, less det risk, higher quality fuel. I ran it on my old S13 with 350hp.

bad is really only the fact that it uses 30% more so u need more often than not bigger injectors, braided lines, bigger pump or two new rail...depending on other mods ofcourse. A lot more power to be had on e85 though, also more knock resistant so safer for your engine, less emissions so better for the environment...slightly high startup costs but you will pay roughly the same at the pump because whilst u consume more, it costs like a dollar a litre...smells funky as well lol

Uses more like 50% more, very hard to start if it's a really cold morning, expensive ($3/L in WA).

Other than that it's really good. More power, cooler temps, less det risk, higher quality fuel. I ran it on my old S13 with 350hp.

Lol $3 a liter you guys got it rough...it's like 1.15 here last I checked...

Anyways just spoke to haltech flex fuel sensor support for platinum sport coming in next software update in the coming months...released for pro today so looking forward to that.

Edited by gulrez

I know its been covered, But just checking

currently have a HKS2510 with nismo 740's ...215kw

I assume these injectors will cut it with E85,

Will they be sufficant for say something like a 2530 or T518z on e85

(say looking for 230-240kw)

I got T518Z with 740s and E85 locky, all good. 740s should support 260-270 on E85 although obviously there are a lot of variables involved

I read on the haltech forum that they are currently looking at add flex sensor support to the platinum sport series. link here - http://forums.haltec...php?f=23&t=9144

e: E85 profiling feature sport2000

icon_post_target.gifby HaltechScott on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 am

Haltech is currently looking into supported this feature on the Sport series ECU. The Pro series already supports it.

If you would like to discuss ways to perform this task in the ECU's current trim feel free to give me a call,

Kind Regards

Scott

scott@haltech.com- support@haltech.com

Ph: +612 9729 0999

Fax: +612 9729 0900

Please e-mail support directly for earliest reply.

There will be an update for the Platinum Sport series in December some time for the use of the flex sensor.

Also I ran 1200cc squirters for 350hp (plenty of duty cycle left). As others have stated above, it is corrosive and all previous advice RE: fuel system is good advice.

Lol I have 2000cc injectors but the only thing holding me back from e85 ATM is fuel pump...single pump won't flow enough for the power I'm aiming for

Lol I have 2000cc injectors but the only thing holding me back from e85 ATM is fuel pump...single pump won't flow enough for the power I'm aiming for

Shizen!

Jus run a single aeromotive 1000 fuel pump...

they break down easy apparently

Can't u just get a tune for the E85 blend then anything less like the e70 winter blend will just run a bit rich?

Can any 1 comfirm this? Im looking at running 1 on my setup...

Can any 1 comfirm this? Im looking at running 1 on my setup...

yeah i read that as theyre primarily a race car pump theyre either on or off so no in between without running a fuel pump modulator? and then due to running like that...in a daily with start stop traffic it tends to heat up and shiz...a few people mount them under the car so it cools as they drive...i unno seems more trouble than its worth

Ah k yer mine will be mounted on the side of a custom fuel tank... N its only guna be a weekend car and for drags

is that the new fuel pump ive been seing all over my fb? spose to only be good for cars with 400-500hp? costs $229

Hey mate you seem to know a lot about e85, so I need ur advice.

I got a r34gt-t running a power fc tuned to run united E85, would be able to run 95-98pulp in n emergency, or would that cause damage?

Thanks

I got a r34gt-t running a power fc tuned to run united E85, would be able to run 95-98pulp in n emergency, or would that cause damage?

Thanks

Car probably won't run at all as it would be rich as fk.. you'll probably foul the plugs as soon as you going around the corner.

In am emergency, best way is to reset the entire ECU and run the base map & drop the boost down.

Thanks

Car probably won't run at all as it would be rich as fk.. you'll probably foul the plugs as soon as you going around the corner.

In am emergency, best way is to reset the entire ECU and run the base map & drop the boost down.

or carry stock ecu around with you haha, just swap them over

Got picked for a random breath test while driving home

Police officer = have you had any thing to drink tonight ?

Me = no

Police officer = count to 5, I'm getting a high reading of alcohol on the breathalyzer are u sure you haven't had a drink ?

Me = it's the fumes coming from the exhaust, have u got a breathalyzer with a straw ?

Police officer = deep breath into the straw till I say stop, has this happen to you before ?

Me = yes

Police officer = your good to go, have a good night and drive safe

1003186_10152233676627150_1637600356_n.jpg

Got picked for a random breath test while driving home

Police officer = have you had any thing to drink tonight ?

Me = no

Police officer = count to 5, I'm getting a high reading of alcohol on the breathalyzer are u sure you haven't had a drink ?

Me = it's the fumes coming from the exhaust, have u got a breathalyzer with a straw ?

Police officer = deep breath into the straw till I say stop, has this happen to you before ?

Me = yes

Police officer = your good to go, have a good night and drive safe

What's the alternative to a breathalyzer with a straw? I've never seen anything else.