Sign in to follow this  
Jason12

Lens Talk

Thought id start a thread for lens specific discussion. A place for people to talk about thier new lens, pros and cons, ask about potential new gear and share the occasional shot.

I'll start... thinking of grabbing the signa 10-20mm f4.3 - 5.? Anyone had experiance?

Cheers, Jason

Havnt used that lens before so cant comment sorry.

My wishlist:

35L,

24L II

100L macro

I will be happy with that. Wonder if a 35L II will ever come out.

How about 180mm L Macro Sidd?

is there a reason you want the 35 L instead of 24L II?

I want 135mm L :D

70-200 L II

and 1 macro lens no idea either 180 or 100L Macro

wait missing one 16-35 L

:D

Thought id start a thread for lens specific discussion. A place for people to talk about thier new lens, pros and cons, ask about potential new gear and share the occasional shot.

I'll start... thinking of grabbing the signa 10-20mm f4.3 - 5.? Anyone had experiance?

Cheers, Jason

Yeah, this is the latest lens I purchased (although I think it is f4-5.6), got any specific questions about it? I haven't used any other ultra wide angle lenses so can't really compare it with any, but I've been happy with it and really enjoy 10mm. Just need to be carefull with focusing at the tigheter aperture and wide focal length, but the lens has performed well for me. Here is a photo with it at 10mm.

10mm - f/11 - ISO 100

5664647628_75a134caac_z.jpg

Oh nice, good to hear you like it. Read a fair few reviews and the group on flickr is huge! Will be the first "aftermarket" lens i have used. Yeah i think your right on the fstop, i couldnt remember off the top of my head. Also gunna grab the 50mm 1.8 which ive used on my mates 550 and enjoyed. I'm not huge into it yet so i think any L series glass would be a loooong way off for me :P Has anyone got one though and wanna share some pics?

How about 180mm L Macro Sidd?

is there a reason you want the 35 L instead of 24L II?

I want 135mm L :D

70-200 L II

and 1 macro lens no idea either 180 or 100L Macro

wait missing one 16-35 L

:D

I have used the 180L before and its just so heavy. You will need a tripod. But it does take some amazing photos.

eg)

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss200/sidd-rishi/IMG_2654_resize.jpg

I got plenty more, but will have to re-upload it once I get home. Dont have it on my website since I upgraded.

But otherwise awesome macro lens, just too heavy.

I want both the 35L and 24L II. 35L for normal wedding shots and the 24L II for the dancing shots. But I love my 135L. I sold my 70-200 for it.

yeah i am thinking getting 135L rather than 70-200, gonna borrow my mate's one first and try it :D

What camera? Canon or Nikon or Pentax? Crop or FF body?

Woot a lens thread.

What lens' will fit my 60D ?

There's a whole bunch of old school lens that I want to go get.

Brands like sigma and sony, old stuff mainly.

Any with a Canon mount :P

speaking of canon mounts, heres a site that may interest some of you...

http://www.lensdatabase.net/

you can choose the mount (Canon/Nikon/etc) and see a list of all lenses for that mount (from a range of manufacturers)

not sure how complete it is, but its a start at least.

EDIT: Had a look and found a lens missing so it seems the info isnt all that complete :/

Woot a lens thread.

Apparently Pentax M42... quite good. I actually wanna get the Nikon adaptor... I wanna see the quality pic using NIKKOR lenses on Canon Body lol

Got my two lenses the other day... 50mm is as expected, no complaints. Loving the 10-20 as well, Takes a bit of getting used to (which theres still plenty to do) but having fun so far.

50mm - 298151_10150310887952964_777167963_7868092_1117006974_n.jpg

10-20 - 298151_10150310887947964_777167963_7868091_947772147_n.jpg

might as well ask this here

whats a good lense to get for my nikon d3000

ive just got the std 18-55mm one that came with it and i find it a bit too slow to focus on things

is thee somethign else i can get to improve my photography

my friend has the 55-200 zoom lense for it so dont need that one

im more lookign for a good wide angled lense i guess

cheers

Cheers, Jason

Yeah, this is the latest lens I purchased (although I think it is f4-5.6), got any specific questions about it? I haven't used any other ultra wide angle lenses so can't really compare it with any, but I've been happy with it and really enjoy 10mm. Just need to be carefull with focusing at the tigheter aperture and wide focal length, but the lens has performed well for me. Here is a photo with it at 10mm.

10mm - f/11 - ISO 100

5664647628_75a134caac_z.jpg

That's EF-S 10-22mm?

might as well ask this here

whats a good lense to get for my nikon d3000

ive just got the std 18-55mm one that came with it and i find it a bit too slow to focus on things

is thee somethign else i can get to improve my photography

my friend has the 55-200 zoom lense for it so dont need that one

im more lookign for a good wide angled lense i guess

cheers

Definately get the nikon 50mm... think its a little over $100 but have heard its like the canon one, a must have. Can get the lens i have (sigma 10-20) for nikon as well if you want a wide angle... otherwise theres the 17-70(? ish) lenses made by nikon, sigma and tamron that may be worth looking into....

Woot a lens thread.

Apparently Pentax M42... quite good. I actually wanna get the Nikon adaptor... I wanna see the quality pic using NIKKOR lenses on Canon Body lol

Oh sweet, will try and find one, he does have Pentax but I'll sus it out.

Trying to find a neat 50mm, or make him a deal and buy the whole lot which is about 10-20 lens's lol

Got my two lenses the other day... 50mm is as expected, no complaints. Loving the 10-20 as well, Takes a bit of getting used to (which theres still plenty to do) but having fun so far.

50mm - 298151_10150310887952964_777167963_7868092_1117006974_n.jpg

Oww man, your really making me want to buy the 50mm now :(

I've been reading the potn forum, some Canon nFD lens got a very very nich bokeh....

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=644277

and for 135mm, you could grab it for 150 bucks. and guess what their build material is tougher than the L lens... (coz it's metal lol)

Think of getting one to try, either 135mm or 70-210 but all will be MF

look what I found on ebay (500MM) lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANON-N-FD-500MM-F-8-REFLEX-MIRROR-LENS-CAPS-CASE-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/130575351154?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item1e66e5bd72

Im still enjoyimg mine, need to get out and do some landscapes with it tho...

Lenses i use on a regular basis

Sigma 50mm F1.4 - love it, better than the canon 50

Canon 100mm Macro - again, love it, clearest lens i have i'd reckon. sits on my camera most days, works for all situations, and obviously macro if needed.

Canon 300mm F4L - sweet lens, does what it's suppose to do.

Wishlist - Canon 200mm F2L - would probably kill a man for this lens, gotta save some pennies!

oh and that's on a Canon 5D MkII - full frame body

^^ try get 200mm F/1.8 L :P hahah

Mate of mine lend me his EF 135L over the weekends...

OMG this lens is a killer. The bokeh created on this lens is amazing... and wide open on F/2.0... it's damn sharp.

I want this one and the 100mm F/2.8 macro now.... hahah. I'll try post the comparison between the 135L, 50mm 1.8 and my 24-70L. 135L... is the winner... even with tripod, you can't beat the sharpness on the 135L

Went and got a tamron 70 - 300 f4 - 5.6 macro lens. Havent had too much of a play yet but it seems alright for the price. Definately not up in canon L series range though, and its not "true" macro (but at close to 1/10th the price of the canon i cant complain!)

Has been a lot of talk about the Sigma 10-20mm, I have been looking for a super-wide to take overseas with me for some landscape shooting. After a fair bit of reading I decided on the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, and after a couple of days with it I'm impressed! Quality build and a great lens so far. Can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Also upgraded my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 to the Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, talk about weight difference! The Nikon lens is a tank!

And a question...

Does anybody have/use a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8? What are they like? Thinking of getting one, but can't make up my mind, and seems like a good alternative to the much more expensive 70-200 f/2.8 VR lens Nikon offers.

Edited by CaStLe

gah... i've changed a lot since august last year.

originally got the 17-55 f/2.8. then 70-200 f/4L IS as well... enjoyed the 70-200 so sold that and got the 70-200 f/2.8L IS II.

wanted to play with UWA so earlier this year got the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8.

FF beckoned so i sold the 17-55 and 11-16 and got a 24-70 f/2.8L with my new body.

just sold the 24-70 and 70-200 last week and just got the 35 f/1.4L and 85 f/1.2L II.

i guess im still finding my style...

keep those 2 primes and get 135 into your collection :D

I wanna get 70-200 F/2.8L IS II, but waiting for 5D3 first LOL

Even though 1D X was announced for 2012 release but can't justify $7K body

yeah 135L is definitely on my list next then i'll have the holy trinity :)

after that will be another UWA again...

i have had the canon 10-22 and used it alot for parties and stuff, also good for inside a car stuff, but it suffered badly from chromatic aborations at the fringes at 10mm (not that most people cared that much) but i really never used it below 12mm

great lense, and worked well... it has been replaced in my bag with a 16-35mm F2.8 (i also have a 5D which it is kinda glued to) and it is better at 16mm than the 10 was on a crop body...

one thing, i bought it as i wanted to get closer to cars... but then realised AFTER i bought ti that i really wanted to be further away...

used it at Ebisu on a 7D pretty much on the KERB with guys passing me pretty dam close... lots of fun...

i have a 135 F2 and yeah it is AWESOME, use it with extension tubes for macro and it works a treat!!!

M

and the 10-20 not good for indoor unless you use flash. was thinking of the 14mm L lol for wide angle lens.

Sign in to follow this