Sign in to follow this  
Pimp My Ride

iphone 5

heard over the 2day fm sydney radio that the new iphone 5 might be released next month on the 5th

this is a rumour but someone by the name of christine who works for apple said to the radio that in the first few weeks of october no one is to have holidays or have days off, so in her believing this, this could be the launch of the new iphone 5 =)

According to recent news, two different models of the new iPhone will be available with the release date both set for the beginning of October.

According to an analysis by Ming-Chi Kuo, the iPhone 4S (N94 iPhone) will be released early next month. He believes that the iOS 5 will be sent to the official Apple assembling partners in the September 23 – September 30 time frame, making October a plausible launch month for the new products. After analyzing the Apple supply chain, Ming-Chi Kuo did not manage to identify any clues which could indicate a significant redesign.

While it is true that some analysts consider the N94 iPhone a decoy model and nothing more, there is no tangible evidence in the form of leaked parts at this point. There are indeed certain leaked documents which might make Apple enthusiasts believe that the iPhone 5 is close.

Here are some details that Ming-Chi Kuo has shared about the N94 iPhone:

RAM: 512 MB. This should come as no surprise given the fact that the iPad 2 (which uses the same A5 chip that will be present in the N94 iPhone) also has 512 MB RAM.

Display: 3.5-inch. It seems that Apple will not increase the display size despite earlier rumors which indicated the opposite. According to Ming-Chi Kuo, the screen size will not be changed.

Thickness: similar to the iPhone 4. Kuo’s sources indicate that the thickness of the camera will not be altered and since camera thickness is the most important factor that affects the thickness of the iPhone, it seems that the specs will be similar.

Glass front/back. Once again, the N94 iPhone and the iPhone 4 will be similar in this regard. Glass will be present on the back as well as on the front of the new device, just like with the iPhone 4.

All in all, the iPhone 5 features will be better than the iPhone 4S of course. The iPhone 4S will be a minor upgrade from the iPhone 4. The two iPhone models should both launch in October. No official announcement has been made about this news although we will hear official news soon which will inform us whether all these rumors are true or not.

Apple iPhone 5 Features & Release Date

The iPhone 5 gets released in America on the 4th of October but here in Australia (apparently) on the 21st of October!

According to recent news, two different models of the new iPhone will be available with the release date both set for the beginning of October.

According to an analysis by Ming-Chi Kuo, the iPhone 4S (N94 iPhone) will be released early next month. He believes that the iOS 5 will be sent to the official Apple assembling partners in the September 23 – September 30 time frame, making October a plausible launch month for the new products. After analyzing the Apple supply chain, Ming-Chi Kuo did not manage to identify any clues which could indicate a significant redesign.

While it is true that some analysts consider the N94 iPhone a decoy model and nothing more, there is no tangible evidence in the form of leaked parts at this point. There are indeed certain leaked documents which might make Apple enthusiasts believe that the iPhone 5 is close.

Here are some details that Ming-Chi Kuo has shared about the N94 iPhone:

RAM: 512 MB. This should come as no surprise given the fact that the iPad 2 (which uses the same A5 chip that will be present in the N94 iPhone) also has 512 MB RAM.

Display: 3.5-inch. It seems that Apple will not increase the display size despite earlier rumors which indicated the opposite. According to Ming-Chi Kuo, the screen size will not be changed.

Thickness: similar to the iPhone 4. Kuo’s sources indicate that the thickness of the camera will not be altered and since camera thickness is the most important factor that affects the thickness of the iPhone, it seems that the specs will be similar.

Glass front/back. Once again, the N94 iPhone and the iPhone 4 will be similar in this regard. Glass will be present on the back as well as on the front of the new device, just like with the iPhone 4.

All in all, the iPhone 5 features will be better than the iPhone 4S of course. The iPhone 4S will be a minor upgrade from the iPhone 4. The two iPhone models should both launch in October. No official announcement has been made about this news although we will hear official news soon which will inform us whether all these rumors are true or not.

Apple iPhone 5 Features & Release Date

What's this N94 iPhone all about?? Is it just a code name for the iphone 5 or is it just an updated iphone 4?

they are meant to be releasing an N93 as well which is the actual iPhone 5, confusing.

codenames, lol. Further reading I think iPhone 5 is actually N95... If nokia was anywhere on the map they would be pissed (they have a phone called the n95)

If nokia was anywhere on the map they would be pissed (they have a phone called the n95)

Precisely.

Reminds me of when Apple launched the iPhone and were claiming how great their features were, that the N95 had been doing for the past 12 months.

its only taken them 5 cracks to almost make a decent phone...

ill stick with my galaxy 2

ill wait till the price drops to around 500buxs before i get one, im pretty happy with my iphon 4

they should make it slimmer

either way im happy with my iphone 4 too just wish i didnt go with f**king vodafone, but i have been with them for almost 6 years and they only got shit recently

It's rumoured it's going to be similar to the iphone 3, but slimmer.

There are iphone 5 cases being sold by a chinese company already, which kind of show what the shape will be. Apparently there was another chinese company selling cases for the iphone 4 before it was released, and they fitted perfectly.

It's rumoured it's going to be similar to the iphone 3, but slimmer

So its gonna be an ipod touch..

I heard Optus told their staff they were expecting to start selling them late October/early December..

I'll stick with my Iphone 4. Don't see the big deal surrounding the abilities of phones anyway. But, I guess I don't need it for much more than internet browsing, texts, emails and phone calls anyway.

Have a mate that's a tyre fitter. He finds it very important that he has a phone that has the same technology as a PC lol.

I heard Optus told their staff they were expecting to start selling them late October/early December..

What happened to November?

What happened to November?

The government decided to scrap it to stop everyone looking like they're from the 80's with their mo's.

fact of the matter is no one will know unless apple gives a date.

rumors and speculation can help you decide whether or not you should buy now/hold off when it comes to apple stuff but nothing is going to give you a solid answer until it comes from the horses mouth.

for example, based on these rumors, now is a good time to sell your iphone 4 as its going to be worth more now than it will before the release which is iminent. then some spaz will buy it because all they care about is 'tah ipownz' and youll be cashed up to buy the new one on day dot.

OLED screen aye

I 0nly just bought the 4 amd its already outdated ffs

It came out over a year ago

OLED screen aye

I 0nly just bought the 4 amd its already outdated ffs

It came out over a year ago

Amen LOL