Sign in to follow this  
OneEIghtSex

My Gunmetal 180

hey everyone ! Ok pretty much i bought my 180sx on 21st birthday about year and a half ago i got it of a guy call christian i think , he recomended me to this site

standerd SR20 Front bar held on by cable ties and a vertex kit was pretty clean as in paint work and dents.

Had standerd t25 turbs standerd brakes just an exhaust and blitz ebc and fmic

Upgrades ive done

Garrett 2871r 52 trim with braided.lines

Nistuned

Nismo 550 cc injectors

Z32 afm

R32 gtst front brakes

Type x tailights , with rps s13 garnish

Work meister s1's 17x8-3 & 16x8 +10

R32 GTR seats

Drift chrome face boost gauge

Greddy type RZ bov ( Intercooler mounted )

52mm alloy rad

Blitz ebc

Alloy overflow

Dmax style Bonnet and lids

Type x front bar with vanquish lip

Vertex rear and skirts

Sits on 210.8 rwks on 16psi with new rear tyres slipping on the dyno will be going back soon :)

2012-07-16_16-42-13.png

Edited by OneEIghtSex

are you allowed to drive turbo on your p's in SA?

car looks great, little more low would make it great :)

are you allowed to drive turbo on your p's in SA?

car looks great, little more low would make it great smile.gif

Your not allowed to anymore but if you had your p's before the law came in its ok , yeah more low would be great but i dont know if youve been to adelaide but theres some huge curbs sh!t driveways and some F'd up roads lol !

haha tell me about it, nsw is pretty shit too, pot holes everywhere.... challenge accepted :)

This has got heaps of potential :) make sure you update us.. can just see some tough rims on this now!

im currently after some Work SSR SP1's 4 stud with black centres but not found any yet for sale !

work meister s1's and ssr professor sp1's are different rims bro :silly:

if you ever need shit done, just started my apprenticeship at kmart tyre and auto at colonades, pop on in :thumb:

car looks dope btw!

im currently after some Work SSR SP1's 4 stud with black centres but not found any yet for sale !

work meister s1's and ssr professor sp1's are different rims bro tonguebigeye.gif

if you ever need shit done, just started my apprenticeship at kmart tyre and auto at colonades, pop on in thumb.gif

car looks dope btw!

Ahh yeah i usualy go the one on junk food corner i know a couple of the lads there , but il pop in next time i need some new rubber thumbsup.gif

Much better starting off than mine lol. Will come up nice! Basically doing the same as you i.e. 550cc injectors, Z32 AFM, but going with 2871r. T28bb are cheap though so it's tempting but I prefer to do it once, do it right.

yeah i realy wish i did tbh and i think i still will i just didnt realy know enough about jap cars! i dont wanna have to limit the t28 and get a short life span just trying to get 200rwks when i can get easy 200 + with a 2871.

Add a kouki front lip and it will be perfect

Lol i had plans to get a vertex rear bar, vertex skirts and a kouki front lip for my 180 and also ssr sp1's ... black with polished lip. You have good taste :thumbsup:.

As for sp1's in 4 stud, they are around but they dont often pop up. I assume that its because of the brake clearance issue as they are only in the "super low disc" and "normal disk" variations. I cant say for sure but i doubt your r32 brakes will clear in either of those disk options.

All the best with your car anyway

just wondering, do you get much trouble with the 5 - 0

nah none tbh i drove it as a daily for 6months from south to north and not been pulled over although i never dose around the flat at all because its just so loud and attracts so much attention. Ive been followed a couple of times and had a few looks from cops but nothing yet (touch wood) im bound to get pulled into a random rbt/defect station eventualy though.

Car looks sick, love that color. My silvs is similar color.

What's the specs on the wheels? I'm in dire need of wheels you can't find on every second commodore (it's that bad). Might be keen on buying these from you when you find something else?

Car looks sick, love that color. My silvs is similar color.

What's the specs on the wheels? I'm in dire need of wheels you can't find on every second commodore (it's that bad). Might be keen on buying these from you when you find something else?

hey man there just 17x8 and 17x9 meshies rears are 2 piece rims with 215,45,17's all round unsure of offsets though . il pm you when i get my hands on some other wheels.

cheers

Hey everyone got my hands on a carbon fibre dmax bonnet and eyelids also the wheel have been painted white ! im just waiting on fitting my front tien coilovers my old ones are absolute f**ked !

DSCF3958.JPG DSCF3959.JPG

Edited by OneEIghtSex

wow, nice progress man! Wheels look so much nicer in white :) gj. keep up the good work.

Coilovers are in no knocks or bouncey shit happning no more , didnt take to long to install them was realy suprised was a piece of cake ! decided to lift the height of the car 10mm to keep it legalish height . Thinking im just going to bite the bullet and just do a 5 stud convo next sick trying to chase a decent set of 4 stud rims also ended up ditching the streched tyres on the rear and got some 235's on the back ! some pics

tein hr coilovers.JPG

180sx front 2.jpg

180sx Rear.jpg

Heaps nice 180 mate. I was in the same boat with trying to find wheels in 4 stud, I ended up just doing a 5 stud rear conversion as its a track car so I could get descent rears.

white wheels look a million times better than black ones on your car!

Ok so after ive been thinking about selling the car I've decided to keep it and chase more power and leave getting rims for a bit , im picking up a Garrett 2871 , 52 trim 64 housing Tuesday I'm thinking because I've got standard injectors & afm running 180 Rwks on 13 psi with the t28 , what boost can I run until I get a nistune injectors and afm done 8psi ? Also what's people experience getting through regancy with these turbos ? Thanks

Ok so after ive been thinking about selling the car I've decided to keep it and chase more power and leave getting rims for a bit , im picking up a Garrett 2871 , 52 trim 64 housing Tuesday I'm thinking because I've got standard injectors & afm running 180 Rwks on 13 psi with the t28 , what boost can I run until I get a nistune injectors and afm done 8psi ? Also what's people experience getting through regancy with these turbos ? Thanks

Injectors and afm will be on the limits at around 200rwkw

car looks very simmilar color to mine, was told mine was stock color but thought they came in a darker grey. very clean 180 btw. seen this at the hardtuned xmas cruise!

^ Thanks

After abit of pissing around I got my 2871 today and swapped my t28bb on my mrs Silvia , just been running factory 7lb boost on it pretty impressed with it not as much lag as I exspected and is pulling hard for factory boost don't wanna go over 10lb until I get nistuned :)

Pussy :P

I know lol everyone's telling me to boost it up but I don't wanna kill the motor with standard injectors and afm

managed to swap some wheels ive had sitting in my shed for some white starcorp's 18x9.5 and 18x8.5's and with 5 stud conversion spacers put them on yesterday and got a couple of quick photos , not sure yet if its worth doing a 5 stud conversion to bring the wheels further in or just get my guards lipped.

180sx rear.jpg

180sx rear 2.jpg

180sx rear 3.jpg

side.jpg