Sign in to follow this  
KaneCheng

Regency

Hey guys I need to know real quick about the SA Regency. apparently my mate told me that you need to have factory stock rims into your car to go thought regency to get your defect sticker off is this true or is he pulling my leg?

thanks feedback would be fantastic guys

cheers

Depends.

What size wheels does your car come with standard?

What size wheels are currently on your car?

ah k i drive a r32 non turbo so its hard to find the factory ones i run 17 drift teks on it so yea what you think?

seriously dude... spend 5 minutes of your time and call 13 10 84 and talk to someone in the modification department.

they will tell you everything to know.

BTW majority of people don't know shit about regency and just make things up... which your mate has obviously done

safest bet is to chuck some stockies on.

chances are the drift teks will be over track, to wide etc.

that, and the stocker it looks. the less shit they have reason to look for illegal crap.

safest bet is to chuck some stockies on.

chances are the drift teks will be over track, to wide etc.

that, and the stocker it looks. the less shit they have reason to look for illegal crap.

that is kinda true! my ceff went in with stock rims, so surprised how little i have to do to it :)

sil80 went in with rims, kit and shit.

got an ass raping haha

youll be okay with the drift teks as long as they arn't sticking out the guard. I have no issue going through with my 18x10-01 through regency

youll be okay with the drift teks as long as they arn't sticking out the guard. I have no issue going through with my 18x10-01 through regency

you also have breasts. your argument is invalid!

jks jks.

how you got way with that i dont know. i used to deal with regency daily and they used to nit pick shit like that flattt out hahaha

^^^^+1 mate went through not so long ago with 19's on a VY EXEC! didn't say anything! To be safe and save the hassle stockies it is!!

Haha it has nothing to do with me being female!!

I got my engineer to check the skyline specs so it all sweet and as long as you have the right size tyres on the rim u should be fine

I got my engineer

There is the key word

You probably have wider legal track than stock

there is no way 10 inch rims will be within track..... which is roughly 1500mm give or take 20-30mm across skylines/silvias

FYI, dont bother calling vehicle standards, the staff that work in there are hopeless, and are currently undergoing ALOT of changes

if you want straight answers, call inspections and ask that a SENIOR inspector calls you back when they have free time

I say senior because like vehicle standards, they are also undergoing staff/procedure changes and there is a new supervisor running the shed

If its your 32 you are taking in, ask for some quick tips of things to check, don't be afraid to ask if some modifications you have are ok, what he says goes, they do let some small things slide there, but he will fill you in 100% compared to the undertrained staff in vehicle standards that thought s13 was perhaps an early model commodore. :/ sigh

stockies mate, doesnt have to be r32 stockies(altough they are common as fk, dont know why you cant find some...), s14,s15, r33,r34 etc etc they all similar and will pass.

most important are the treads on them!

Haha it has nothing to do with me being female!!

I got my engineer to check the skyline specs so it all sweet and as long as you have the right size tyres on the rim u should be fine

regency didn't like my 18x8.5 +38 rims on my sil80 :S

definitely the breasts....

stockies mate, doesnt have to be r32 stockies(altough they are common as fk, dont know why you cant find some...), s14,s15, r33,r34 etc etc they all similar and will pass.

most important are the treads on them!

I have a non turbo so its a 4 stud so its kind of hard.

thanks for all your feedback guys.

Reckon I got 4 stud stockies with tread man. Probs $100 if your keen

Your either full of shit or your not telling us something, you breach the wheel track rule by over 50mm.

^^^^+1 mate went through not so long ago with 19's on a VY EXEC! didn't say anything! To be safe and save the hassle stockies it is!!

Doesn't mean anything, he may of been safe under the old 2inch rule depending on the factory optioned wheel package and under the new one if his wheels didn't go over/under 15mm's of the factory rolling diameter.

I got my engineer

There is the key word

You probably have wider legal track than stock

there is no way 10 inch rims will be within track..... which is roughly 1500mm give or take 20-30mm across skylines/silvias

Track isn't affected by width as it's measured between the centre of each tyre, width is a grey area as technically the only way they can pick on you for it is if they feel it doesn't clear the guard enough/too close to inner guard or it fouls/is too close to suspension components

How so? 10 inch rims of the same offset as 7 inch rims will increase the track. I don't see where you get your theory from...

You do not need factory wheels, the wheels you have just have to be within the limitations. Im running nismo lm gt1's, 17x8 fronts, 17x9 rear. Got through fine, was about 2mm within track limit lol, and thats with a tiny bit of camber on the back.

Edited by mowbuss

ah k thanks a lot for the feed back guys got something to think about for the weekend.

cheers Kane

s13 stockies?... look in the parts for borrow thread

How so? 10 inch rims of the same offset as 7 inch rims will increase the track. I don't see where you get your theory from...

More to the point, 10" +40 odd rims would have some trouble clearing the struts and inner guards lol. The track HAS to be more

Also, I have some 15" 4/5 stud rims cheap if you need them.