Sign in to follow this  
zeropsi

Gym wankers

Got called weak yesterday.

Was doing a split for legs; 20x low and long weighted lunges (45kg on my shoulders), would drop the weight, jump straight onto leg ext and pump 10 reps out the pickup weight and do another 20x low and long weighted lunges back to the starting position. Legs would give way at the end.

Kid tried to get 40kg on his shoulders and couldn't even lift the bar :lol: so much crap judgement

And I got called weak... :lol:

Was doing a split for legs; 20x low and long weighted lunges (45kg on my shoulders), would drop the weight, jump straight onto leg ext and pump 10 reps out the pickup weight and do another 20x low and long weighted lunges back to the starting position. Legs would give way at the end.

Kid tried to get 40kg on his shoulders and couldn't even lift the bar :lol: so much crap judgement

And I got called weak... :lol:

Did you know this guy or something? Or he randomly called u weak, failed to put the 40kg on his shoulders and walk off?

Kid tried to get 40kg on his shoulders and couldn't even lift the bar laugh.png so much crap judgement

And I got called weak... laugh.png

Lol. Kid probably saw a big guy doing it tough with 45kg and thought wtf is this, not understanding the relationship of weights to body position/leverage, or the effects of lactic acid. Can't really say I'm surprised though. People are stupid.

Edited by pmod

Kid was maybe 19. String singlet. Not big nor ripped, definently doesn't do legs.

Don't think he realise what it's like doing 20 lunge, slow reserved leg ext with hold then 20 lunges back... To fall on the floor on the last rep is to failure for me.

He literally tried to do the same thinking it was easy and couldn't even get 40 above his chest.

I hope you did not take it like a bitch :no:

I am 188cm and 93kg, I squat 30kgs and the bar so what what ever that is. Yeah I get some strange looks but I could not give a rats what they think. I am not in the gym for them

and WTF is with string / T back singlets, do they know how bad it looks ?

Started GVT this week. Finished Squats @ 110kg fairly comfortably and Bench @ 90kg was a piece of piss.

Failed Deads @ 120kg. Got 10x8, 8x1, 5x1. Straight in to Penlay Rows @ 60kg. I was stuck lying on the floor for about 10-15minutes in front of everyone haha.

For those of you who dont know what GVT is (German Volume Training), it essentially is weight 60%~ 1RM, 10 sets, 10 reps, 60-90sec rest. Had great results the first time I did it, so another 8 weeks of fun ahead!

Today at the gym i was bench pressing and was mid set and i had headphones on and a PT came and looked down on me and started talking to me so i was finishing my set and watching his mouth move but i couldn't hear him because i had headphones on. The interesting thing is he kept talking to me as i stared at him with headphones on. And i was wearing headphones.

Were you wearing headphones?

I hate that. And they're usually interrupting you for some insignificant bullshit like 'have you heard about our "tell a friend" offer'.

Started GVT this week. Finished Squats @ 110kg fairly comfortably and Bench @ 90kg was a piece of piss.

Failed Deads @ 120kg. Got 10x8, 8x1, 5x1. Straight in to Penlay Rows @ 60kg. I was stuck lying on the floor for about 10-15minutes in front of everyone haha.

For those of you who dont know what GVT is (German Volume Training), it essentially is weight 60%~ 1RM, 10 sets, 10 reps, 60-90sec rest. Had great results the first time I did it, so another 8 weeks of fun ahead!

Sounds like an intense program. Might have to give it a go in a few months.

PT's are a whole can be annoying at a gym; When I'm doing Walking Weighted Lunges, I go to the part of the gym that isn't used much (30m stretch of a hallway), Then all of a sudden, Everytime I'm there, A PT decides to bring a "client" in and use my space :ph34r:

Anyone see dudes at the gym wearing those shitty "Beats by Dre" headphones? Its like a personal statement...

*BAM!! IM WEARING BEATS BY DRE HEADPHONES!! THEY ARE x3 TIMES THE SIZE OF MY HEAD, AND I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW IM WEARING BEATS BY DRE COS IM A SICK *milkshake**

-Had a dude come in wearing a f**king Dohertys String Singlet(dude was all of say 5'10 and 75kg), Wearing Beats by Dre headphones.. Did two pussy-pull ups and then decided to do chest.

I stood up exhausted, as i took out the headphones i heard "...so we're sorry for the inconvenience..." (we had to move out of that area they were beginning renovations). I was bewildered.

Its the same PT i heard tell a new girl the dip machine is "the only machine in the gym where the more weight you add the harder it gets", to which she corrected him. "don't you mean it gets easier"? Anyway... thats just word mistakes no big deal.

Today we had the Mums club make the "Ring of Power"! in the middle of the weight area complete with towels, bottles, blackberries, mats and porta-benches. I do respect how they put in and work hard but man what a sh*t fight navigating the floor.

Edited by asleep

I stopped reading after you said blackberries, mates and porta-benches.

Were they wearing 2xu and some shitty sweater/cardigan and a hat?

Today we had the Mums club make the "Ring of Power"! in the middle of the weight area complete with towels, bottles, blackberries, mats and porta-benches. I do respect how they put in and work hard but man what a sh*t fight navigating the floor.

Sounds as bad as the guys at my gym who stand in the most obstructive places possible to do deads, barbell curls or squats, fortifying their position with a moat comprising of half the plates in the gym randomly dumped on the ground. Not the way you play Tetris gentlemen.

Edited by pmod

Yep :D i know what im in for when the carpark is full of ML' and X6's, yep X6'.

DO you know anything about proper nutrition? NO. Do you know what it takes to deplete your body to the level needed to step on stage NO.

Sounds great... Please tell us more..

I think i have come across the DONT DO LEGS Gym.

Since i have been training at this gym (closer to my work) there is about 6 guys who are there every day but never do legs all massive upper body but just chicken legs.

only seen 3 guys since going (about 5 weeks) ever do legs at this gym and im normally there for about 1 and half hours.

I think i have come across the DONT DO LEGS Gym.

Since i have been training at this gym (closer to my work) there is about 6 guys who are there every day but never do legs all massive upper body but just chicken legs.

only seen 3 guys since going (about 5 weeks) ever do legs at this gym and im normally there for about 1 and half hours.

Sounds like you're on a winner there; zero wait times for a whole bunch of equipment. :)

Yeah, that's the way I see it. If everyone trained legs, you'll never get a go on the squat racks.

I never saw it that way either. Winning!

I need to sign up to a new gym. Jetts is shite. Recommendations? Needs to have squat rack and e 24/7 :-/

Got the gym last night at 530. Place was buzzing with utter retards. I smashed my chest in 30ins and walked out.

Anytime is pretty decent, Jetts is just too small at all the locations i tried when i had a membership with them so any decent equipment is put on the to hard pile.

Jetts are very much machine oriented, as in no freeweights, no squat racks and the like. So its really not for the hardcore gym junkie. its to do with their public liability insurance and because there isnt anyone there to instruct people on correct use of equipment. So they use machines with all the safety features included so people dont hurt themselves.

Myself and a few mates train at the Anytime Fitness branches depending on where we are at the time and if there is any clients to attend to. But generally Anytime at Mitchell Park, is great. I swap between Anytime Fitness and Your World Fitness in the CBD. The basement at Your World is amazing, olympic bars, olympic plates, olympic racks, hammers, tyres and old school dumbbells. Plus a boxing ring and bags.

Love your world, have been there a good 9 months and the whole layout is fantastic. They do a great lemon pepper chicken and steamed veggies aswell when I'm finished.

Seems anytime might be the go. Its still in my area and you guys are right, They do have squat racks;

I generally don't train at the wee hours but I have been known for my hours to change up and f**k around.

That, And Jetts are exactly like mentioned above; Small, Cramped and machine orientated; I rarely use the machines.

I had to use the Managers office to change tonight cos the stupid Three toilets they have were "occupied".

Going to check out Anytime now :ph34r:

What are you dudes paying p/w?

Nothing to report tonight from Jetts.. I hate Jetts all round :lol:

If you actually read what i said you will understand that i know a lot more than meets the eye.

And how exactly do you think you met the proverbial eye?

Please understand that from our perspective your writing makes you come across as a rude twenty-something, big ego, emulating the attitude of his favourite PT on Youtube. You talk a hard enough game, but your fluffy complaints, personal insults and long and irrelevant strings of laughter suggest you have big issues dealing with humorous or frank critique. You clearly have sufficient knowledge and the right training mentality to get results, but although the advice you posted was fine, it was hardly a revelation for anyone who has trained and researched for any length of time. You can't expect people will think the sun shines out of your arse and let everything else you write slide just from a few good words.

Now if that doesn't really describe you irl, fantastic. Be yourself I'll welcome your helpful input. But as for the various insults shot my way, grow up mate. I'm 29, have been training for a very long time in a bunch of different sports, been places, done stuff and I've heard all that sh*t before. Leave the name-calling to the little children who don't know any better, be polite and we'll all get along swimmingly.

To address your other misunderstandings and baseless statements:

• I was not bragging, but simply comparing my training to your sport to illustrate the fact that:
    1. Other people here also train as hard as you, hence they can't be pussies by your standards.
    2. Other people here train for significantly more dangerous sports, so for you as a body builder to call them a pussy is ridiculous.
  • I was not suggesting that track or gymnastics count more than lifting; it was simply a poke in the ribs to help illustrate point 2.
  • I'd be happy to agree that you would have a greater knowledge of nutrition, but it would be incorrect to say I have none.
  • I only mentioned processed nutrients on a whim, so it's really not worth debating, and wasn't a shot at you anyway. Much respect if you exclusively eat natural food, but the majority of BB competitors rely heavily on powdered substitutes to achieve their physiques, whether it be Whey, Creatine, Glutamine, etc. All of them are processed or synthesised in a lab.
  • For many years I maintained sub 10% body fat whilst training and competing, because more fat means slower times. That should give me at least a vague idea of the concept of you cutting to 5%.
  • People from all different disciplines hit the gym, so I don't see the issue with me mentioning track, or commenting on why some people at the gym may be doing exercises in a different way. By your logic, powerlifting would have no place in this thread either, because they too don't cut fat to compete.

f**king lol, ba-bow...

Edited by -Truck-

Yeah, that's the way I see it. If everyone trained legs, you'll never get a go on the squat racks.

Unless your gym is awesome and springs for 4 new cages because there was a huge need for more squat racks :thumb:

Walk into my gym tonight, cage central now, no waiting, no mad dogging, asking "how many you got left"

Edited by HumanHefner

Im on the old rate at Anytime at 9.95 per week, but i beleive some do specials like free joining fee and 12.95 a week or thereabouts at the moment.

• People from all different disciplines hit the gym, so I don't see the issue with me mentioning track, or commenting on why some people at the gym may be doing exercises in a different way. By your logic, powerlifting would have no place in this thread either, because they too don't cut fat to compete.

f**king lol, ba-bow...

Lol, I'm well aware of the concept of weight divisions :)

I meant that they don't cut fat in the sense of reaching 3-6% body fat as a core component of the competition. I didn't mean it in the sense of dropping a few kilos to squeeze into a slightly lower weight division like a boxer would. The former really isn't optional to compete, whereas the latter is optional and purely done to get an edge if the competitor wants to; just look at those who fall into the open weight classes of either sport.

Edited by pmod