Sign in to follow this  
SpotMan

SpotMan's Clown Car & Jzx90 daily

Set my tig up tonight, spent about 20mins on it and already used at diposible gas bottle... Apart from having to man up and buy a big bottle of gas I'm stoked with how it welded! Keen to get back into it again now!

So i decided to get motivated and work on my engine... i pulled the sump off, gave everything a check, fixed the leak and cleaned all the goo off ready to go back on..

I then decided to spin my engine around to make shit easier... what a mistake that was... the POS jammed, lifted a leg off the ground, became unbalanced and feel over. i feel over into a pile of junk (mums f**king shit she wont get rid of) and the engine missed my leg by about 50mm... (landed in the pile of shit to left)

wB9A7WIl.jpg

after untangling myself from under the engine i inspected the damage... luckily the stand fell on my gearbox that took most of the fall, then the oil pick up took the rest of it when it feel on my tool box (that has a smashed lid now)

z5hnJTGl.jpg

Safe to say f**k being motivated and everything hates me..

if you kept it in the car. you wouldnt have this issue.

GTR fits onto s-chassis front at least, mine came with one when I bought it. Also I'm not a fan of those magnetic sump plugs from GKTech

Think you got that mixed up man. Your rig has a GTR rear and stock front. Same as mine.

f**k man, unlucky bout smashing up the donk. lucky it didn't fall on u. Maybe your mum will get rid of her shit now that its all smashed up at least.

Already planning on getting a skip bin for it all haha. i haven't had a good sus of it all but the gearbox saved most of the engine... Just need a GTR pick up asap so i can finish this POS

^^I think we all did, but, I would have felt bad giving you shit on here two nights in a row :lol:

Rb's suck

Ohh and im laughing at the POS now aswell... haha

Edited by SpotMan

it's ok we've all done it...

well surely somone's done it :lol:

i dropped a ca18 onto my sprinter windscreen once...

its always funny afterwards..

A mate of mine had an r200 drop on his head :lol:

which one tryed to dodge the other? 86 or the ca?

A mate of mine had an r200 drop on his head laugh.png

All good I got a dump pipe to the face on the weekend

Yeah I learnt lesson. Had nothing but issues with that combo. Sold ca and went 20v

which one tryed to dodge the other? 86 or the ca?

I decided to have a better sus of what happened to my engine..

So turns out i bent the water snout is bend to f**k, ive bent it back into shape but still not 100% sure on it.

6IXloo7l.jpg

DZa0T18l.jpg

Smashed My ecu sender that Joey so nicely gave me a while back :(

i8d4NVZl.jpg

Dented my timing cover which i just painted... ive pulled that back out straightish

c3AOjJXl.jpg

aZMu8fLl.jpg

While i was there i installed the Gktech shifter spring kit, the billet shit looks the goods!

VXh1R2bl.jpg

Also whats this little device thingo? do i need it, the hose going from it to my plenum was split anywho

ldcVc5Il.jpg

thats your AAC valve. its job is to allow more air in at idle when you increase load such as turning a/C on etc

So it doeant really do a job for me? Surely that wouldnt be the reason my car would turn off after high revs?

Again made some more effort in the shed today, first on the list was to buy a new engine stand! So hopefully i have better luck with this one.

I then decided to Install the re-enforced clutch pivot i bought, TBH theres not a whole heap of difference in them but i figured i would do it while the box was off. It was pretty easy to install, i didnt have a deep 17m socket so i had to use a decent 17mm spanner and just keep flipping it. I gave My box a bit of a wash while i was there to :thumbsup:

0jCoAYNl.jpg

2cndmFnl.jpg

I also bought a heap of hose clamps so i can start replacing all the hoses (i'm still waiting on the silicon heater hoses tho) I also i went to buy another oil pick up from a local jap wrecker, after getting my ass raped i decided to walk out empty handed. I was kinda shocked to find out that one from nissan was cheaper then the wreckers...But I also have a mate trying to hunt a new one down for me. So i decided to give straightening it out a crack. TBH it has come up quite well, so i shall pull the sump off tomorrow and have a better sus.

Next on the list is to replace the Oring on the speedo sender blanking bung and try to seal it off better

Wreckers are scum.

Always try new first with small parts.

So I bought a new engine stand and set that up yesterday! Wow its so much better! I rotated it pulled the sump off again, I had bent the oil pick up back it shape and installed that. I chucked the sump on and peaked through the oil drain hole, it seems to be in the right spot which is good. I that bolted that up and silconed the sump on. While it was there I went to my magnetic sump plug on but it was to small :(

IMAG0565_zps09ff35a6.jpg

I then moved over to the gearbox and pulled the Speedo blanking bung off, I put some silicon around that hopefully make it seal better.

Drifting Sa also had their stadium drift promo display on which I helped out with.

IMAG0563_zps5cc7d577.jpg

Good on you for giving a bit of time back to the sport. Not enough *milkshakes* do it these days :thumb:

This is the 3rd one is organised for my store :) the only way to help it grow is to give up your time to tell people about our sport (Drifting Sa is an awesome club to be apart of!)

Decided against moving my power steering rack forwards so now when my tax comes back i will be getting SM modded knuckles, Braided turbo lines and a bottle of TIG gas!

Hoping to get my engine back in by the end of next month!

dont you mean youll put it into japan savings?

Already most of the way there!

Its getting put into the knuckles, braided lines (so i can get my motor back in) and fixing the mav for the trip over to melb!

after dealing with insurance companies and the assessor all day, it made me feel like killing myself (they really try to get out of paying) i went home and started to fiddle around with my engine bay wiring, my brother was home from work so we had a really good sus and have decided to get rid of most of the engine bay / interior wiring. we will be running an incar fuse / relay panel and run most of it through the fire wall to stop looms getting munted.

Also test fitted my Riverside meshies i finally got back, they will be getting some 4.5" lips making them 17x10.5 +5ish which should tuck nicely!

HD7t48kl.jpg

Also found out the Handi fit on the curbside patch of grass :lol:

J23J67Ll.jpg

Apart from that i cant do much, Still waiting on my replacement heater hoses and magnetic sump plug (gktech one was to small :( )

Edited by SpotMan