Sign in to follow this  
SpotMan

SpotMan's Clown Car & Jzx90 daily

977028_4344743877373_1844539101_o.jpg

Hey guys,

i recently bought my Silvia shell off Ineed$$ with visions of turning it into a drifter

After a bit of organisation i managed to get it from Melbourne to Mt Gambier then to Naracoorte and then finally to Adelaide, thanks to my mates for letting me talk them into towing it for me tongue.png

when i saw it, it was exactly what i wanted, as it wasn't completely stripped and wasn't fully done up. which allows me to tinker with it more biggrin.png

here's a pic of it at its current stage.

Specs:

ENGINE:

Stock as a rock s2 Rb20det

Ceffy Xover pipe

FMIC

AWD sump modded for RWD

Rb20det stock ecu

Bosch 040

Hdi Electronic boost controller

Top mount manifold

Ex Gate

Rb25 turbo

Braided turbo lines

Silicon hoses

3" straight pipe into twin Exhaust Technology trumpets

DRIVETRAIN

NPC H/D Organic clutch

Rb20det box

Shimmed R200

5 bolt axles

R33 front brakes

BM44

New clutch Slave

Rebuilt clutch master

SUSPENSION:

Cusco Zero1 Coilovers

Rear camber arms

Rear toe arms

Cusco Castor rods

Slip on lock spacers

20mm Extended s14 LCA's

S14 rack / tie rod ends

INTERIOR:

Stripped/sound deadening removed

OMP deep dish wheel

Bride passenger seat

Drivers Fixed back

Halfcage

Battery behind seat

dildo shifter

Speco voltmeter, water temp and oil psi

Autometer Oil temp and Tacho

Hdi Boost gauge

Drivers and passenger 5 point harness

Fuel cell

Surge Tank

Malory lift pump

EXTERIOR:

Onevia conversion

Paint: Blue, white, black, 4 different shades of Red and green.

CA front bar

Dmax bonnet

Tinted tail lights

Side skirts

Pods

WHEELS:

Set 5 spoke 17x7" +30 multi stud skidders with polished lip

Rear 16x8" -20ish SSR meshies

Front 16x9"+0 Nemoto Mesh

when it finally arrived at my house i didn't realize how small it looked on the truck confused.gif

p1010875y.jpg

H3ESPYKl.jpg

GG2aDKWl.jpg

6SMYCAAl.jpg

sFLGUSSl.jpg

i ended up getting some 180sx front guards and a SR bumper dirt cheap so on they went

20102011056.jpg

post3338904434890013285.jpg

post-93522-0-32552000-1346725134_thumb.jpg

706333_10151431387049515_1035474147_o.jpg

Edited by SpotMan

decided to fix the rust on the rear panels where someone had attempted to rub the paint back for some reason.

the problem was the left it for to long and it rusted so guess the panicked and put fibreglass resin over the rust to try and stop it, didn't work what a surprise lol

so i rubbed it back and applied rust converter and primer then put a top coat over it to stop it from rusting more ( i live near the beach s**t rusts hardcore)

21102011058.jpg

21102011059.jpg

looks 100% better for those people i know who say i'm wasting my money :P

looks alright man! good place to start imo, Should be fun to fix her up but IMO get a motor in it ASAP because the longer it sits as a shell the quicker you'll go towards selling it /getting over it!

love the massive tow truck for the small silvia haha :D

What are the plans then?

looks alright man! good place to start imo, Should be fun to fix her up but IMO get a motor in it ASAP because the longer it sits as a shell the quicker you'll go towards selling it /getting over it!

love the massive tow truck for the small silvia haha biggrin.png

What are the plans then?

yeah im going to pull that engine down and see if i can use it at all or if its to worn as i have no idea of the condition in which its in.

umm to to sure yet thinking to lowering it more if i can the just putting a set of bolt on flares on, ( always loved a nice low silvia :) )

gotta get the other r33 disk drilled for 4 stud (as only one is atm) or either upgrade to 5 stud and get the other one drilled back to 5 stud..... which evers cheapest lol

not to sure on the paint job yet which is the last of my issues lol. thinking matt red with black bonnet and flares and maybe black roof and boot.

will keep you informed on the slow ass progress :P

p1010949ho.jpg

33221119032950426781850.jpg

Not to much process on it, as im having to pay off my debt it has caused me...

but picked up a silver top complete rb20det with 130,000k's on it for $800 which will go in soon.

just need to change a few gaskets,

take the AWD sump off it and put my 2WD drive one off my old engine on.

get a manual flywheel etc etc.

i painted the valve covers on it tho, quite happy with that :D

Then i bought a new Uras bumper to replace the gay SR one for $50.. so its been bargain central atm :)

also picked up a new slimline jack, stands, massive 40yr old engine crane (built like a tank) and a engine stand which is slightly less impressive :P

I also discovered that one of the r33 rotors has a slight buckle in it or the retard before who redrilled it didn't take the burs off so i will investigate this at some stage

so far ive been juggling school, friends, GIRLFRIEND! and work, so hopefully this holidays i will get a chance to work on it!!!!

Edited by SpotMan

So heres an I need list for it.....

rb20det Gearbox

Manual flywheel

H/D clutch kit

Exhaust system

FMIC

Radiator

Cefiro front sway bar?

s13 Manual tail shaft

1x r33 rotor re-drilled (possible new ones, think ones buckled)

loom and ecu

switch / gauges

roll cage

bonnet

I want list

adjustable tie rods / radius rods

top mount turbo manifold

bigger turbo

5 stud

aftermarket ecu

larger injectors

etc etc...

AWD and RWD sumps are different bolt battern my dude. you will need to cut the front diff off and plate it all up.

ohh... i got told they were the same by the guy i bought it off...... bastard lied to me -________-

i do have a spare RWD motor lying around tho? i suppose it wouldnt be worth using that bottom end?

so that's why the engine was so cheap.........

Edited by SpotMan

owww looking good so far man!

keen to see how this turns!

our roccer covers are the same colour haha

not sure thats right about the sump jump on SAU and double check

owww looking good so far man!

keen to see how this turns!

our roccer covers are the same colour haha

haha thats if mine lasts :lol: just done with crappy old Ironlaks :P did u get urs in engine enamel?

and i have a read about the sumps and apparently the oil pick up is different and the sump bolt holes are diff as-well, apparently u can buy an adapter for $400 but ceeeebs may as-well make a custom sump with a larger capacity anyways :)

also some people say the pick ups are the same.....

i will investigate this more once i track down some gearbox bolts so i can put it on my engine stand!!! working on the floor on an engine is hell! :P

Edited by SpotMan

some more updates....

picked up a few things for it

Xmember for the Gearbox

Rb20 gearbox

Some Speco Gauges that i paid $24 each for on clearance at work :D

29122011132.jpg

29122011135.jpg

ive Just kinda worked out what this is all going to cost me... and frankly repco has cut all my shifts and now i only earn $160 a fortnight...

at that rate its going to take me years to finish this... my dad has also kind of stopped supporting me on this and helping me out with it... so with my very little knowledge on building cars its going to be hard to build this...

i dont want to sell this as i wanna do it up as a project to increase my knowledge but it seems alot easier and cheaper to buy one already done....

so i'm not really sure what to do....

got a quote from Extreme clutch they recommend i got a rb25 button clutch and lightened kit, on trade they would do it for $890, which is alot to pay

also i have heard that button clutches rape rb20 box's they seemed to think that a H/D organic clutch would wear out and heat up to quick.....

ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

which repco you work at?

and just get a second hand clutch bro, a lot of people sell ones near new that they've hardly used

which repco you work at?

and just get a second hand clutch bro, a lot of people sell ones near new that they've hardly used

Port Adelaide man, and yeahh well im kinda poor and the cheapest option is always good, i wont really be driving that Often tho so it wont really matter i guess ayy

Edited by SpotMan

ohh sick! i use to go to the MTA and go there heaps! haha

and sometimes it is the cheapest option to buy something done...you can buy defected sils/180s/skylines for dirt cheap

ohh sick! i use to go to the MTA and go there heaps! haha and sometimes it is the cheapest option to buy something done...you can buy defected sils/180s/skylines for dirt cheap

Ahh sweet man! i probs served you at some stage!

and yeah i know it is, but i sorta needed a project to keep my mind off other crap going on around me and to give me something to do.....

its just the huge out lay at the start and having no money kinda delays that!

the project was meant to be a long one, but i just want it on the track asap :P

Good Luck with it, Hope you hang in there, can be a lot of fun to build and then at the end look back and see how far you got with so little funds :D

Avoid the brass button if you want to avoid changing boxes often hahaha

sweet someone whos just infront of me in terms of rb20 sil conversion

my rb20 + box + engine x member + loom + ecu comes out of a 32 next week im getting all that for dirt cheap

Daily drove my brass button clutch rb20 s13 with standard rb20 gearbox behind it no worries for a year and a half, still going strong 2 and a half years on

Daily drove my brass button clutch rb20 s13 with standard rb20 gearbox behind it no worries for a year and a half, still going strong 2 and a half years on

Ditto here. used a button clutch in my old rb 1via and was dailyed for a cpl years with no issues.

Just keep at it man!

the guys in Extreme were talking all their talk which made no sense to me... but i think it was ceramic button? or something like that... i know they mentioned ceramic somewhere :lol:

a few updates

Collected a few more part:

Got the bonnet and lights off Simon M's famous Onevia s14. which i haven't been stuffed to take the stickers off yet lol.

xfxpVl.jpg

Got a standard r32 rad and 17 stock coil packs for $180

hZwFfl.jpg

Then i painted some stuff, decided to paint the interior lime green which looks sick.

u71i4l.jpg

DMHuKl.jpg

then i got bored with some spray cans.

Icursl.jpg

Looks like one of my mates is buying a r33 wreck which had an interior fire... he said he would sell me the rb25det, loom, coilpacks and ecu (if that wasnt melted) all for $800.....

im going to be stoked if he gets it.... i'll try and sell off both my rb20's cheap and run the rb20 box behind the 25... i figure that people run 200kw rb20's and the boxs are fine so it should handle a dead stock rb25 right?

Edited by SpotMan

Need coilovers? I got front teins, 1 has a little leak, be perfect for track

Pm if keen brosef

haha my fronts are perfect! one of my rears is shagged! lol i keep getting offers for fronts :P

yeah if i can get my hands on this rb25 my life would be complete lol.

then i will just have to get rid of my rb20's -___- lol

And in bigger news! i've talked my mum into building me a new shed! which will have room for a car trailer and workshop! so soon i will have somewhere to work :thumb:

Edited by SpotMan

And I got a rb20 box with my 25, handles 200rwkw like a boss, don't bother upgrading to you blow the 20 box

more updates,

Turns out my school will not let me do a roll cage for my major yr12 project as, apparently it need to be inspected and signed off.... i tried everything to get them to reconsider but they wouldn't budge. :hammer:

so i had a rethink and mate came up with the idea of making a steampipe top mount manifold for it.... he even gave me the rb20/25 flange which was a big help....

JqVG4l.jpg

i had a look on Sonic Performance website, i'll probs get my steam bends from them, unless people know of somewhere better???

i didnt realize merge collectors were so damn expensive! they want like $341.00 for that price i think i might just make one....

im also going to see if the school with let me turn up so gearknobs :P

I also i pick my gearbox up from a mates place....

If0u3l.jpg

Edited by SpotMan