Sign in to follow this  
s15-boy

engine light on?

i have the engine light on, on my s15,

nissan said its got something to do with the immobliser, but they are unsure of what the cause is, they recommended change the surround around the ignittion barrel.(which didnt fix the problem)

i have tried a few aftermarket scan tools, and they both pick up the vehicle details, but dont pick up any codes. if u clear all codes the light will go away but as soon as i start the car again the light will b back on straight away.

any help guys would b greatly apreciated

thanks

Since I don't own an S15 I can't help, but I would suggest you download section EC of the S15 workshop manual from here:

http://www.nissansil...howtopic=206960

(Download ec.pdf)

And follow the diagnostic procedures ,start reading from page 33.

Edited by SIR ASHMAN

in the scan tool connection port (where u plug the scan tool in) get a piece of wire and short the 'T' terminal to ground to get the error codes to flash up on the dash using engine light. it will flash in a sequence which relates to a numbered code that u can check in a workshop manual or just read out to Nissan over the phone and that will tell u the specific error recorded by the ecu.

eg the engine light will flash twice, followed by a short break, then flash 3 times, then a long break. the first flashes is the 'tens' and the second flashes is the 'ones'. so two then three would be error code 23. it wil repeat the code 3 ish times before it reads out the next code, and will continue this process until it gets to the end and starts all over again.

thanks heaps for ur help guys i really appreciate it. il keep u informed c how i go

I know its along time since last post, But how did you fix the problem