Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Cranium

Evolution Vs. Creation

181 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you beleive in?

• Evolution
    • Creation

Here's one about you

He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.

I honestly didn't think this thread would be revived.

Behold.. NS gods have spoken.

but who created the NS gods then shark? Something must have or else it doesnt make sense!

Apparently watch/analogy gods made everything? But then y is the ns clock always f**ked? Maybe it's cause it's not a watch,

but who created the NS gods then shark? Something must have or else it doesnt make sense!

Loz's mum.

DUH

Edited by Shark

God is the creator of matter, space, and time. Think of the universe as a watch and God as the watchmaker.

All else in the universe is governed by law like clockwork including the law of evolution. God bless.

what created god then?

God is outside the universe as he is the creator of time, space, and matter - the universe.

No evolutionist or scientist has been able to create life by itself, so the universe and human beings must be by intelligent design.

I will use another analogy, look at the TV in your room - did it just suddenly appear there from nothing?

No, the TV had a creator and who created it - just like the universe and humans had a creator.

I don't know what created God as he is my creator and outside the universe but at least I am honest enough to admit =)

What created god then? Ask a TV what created it? the TV must have either come from nothing or by intelligent design.

I couldn't care less about winning the evolution vs. creationism argument. I only hope others will join me and save themselves as

I know God's kingdom is a much greater place than Satan's world.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - Jesus (John 14:6)

Edited by ij's

you could have just said that you don't know. Anyway I can't ask a TV what created it because its a friggen TV

Edited by EnFlaMEd

To be honest, lately I've really changed my thinking's a lot.

I believe in ghosts, after having some experience. For me to believe in ghosts, I have to believe that there is some form of an afterlife. I'm open to the possibilities that maybe there is a place where we go? Of course, it's always stirring in my mind that at the same time there isn't. I've been Buddhist for some time. Find that to be one of the better "religions" out there, although Buddhist people prefer to call it a way of life rather than a religion.

I think while I'm open to the possibilities that there may be something after death (reincarnation? Haunting people? Heaven/Hell?) I don't choose to follow a religion at all. I've been to a Christian church, and a Catholic church, and the idea of religion is truly good but the way it is executed just makes me despise it. The fact that religions are about not judging others and treating others as you wish to be treated is good. But if this was truly the case, why are homosexuals and people like that judged and treated as unequal by the churches themselves? There are plenty of bad Catholics out there, but of course on the Sunday they say their sorry's and then they're allowed back into "heaven" according to the Church. I don't like that at all.

The fact that religions have this sole idea of "We are the right one, AND THAT'S IT! NOBODY ELSE IS CORRECT!" really annoys me. I've had Muslims sitting in the city with their little stand about Allah being the ONLY savoir of the world. It's pretty intrusive to claim such things whether you meant to direct it at somebody or not.

I'm a strong believer in evolution. The evidence is there. Life after death is just something I've opened my eyes too.

Edited by Veafo

God is the creator of matter, space, and time. Think of the universe as a watch and God as the watchmaker.

All else in the universe is governed by law like clockwork including the law of evolution. God bless.

what created god then?

God is outside the universe as he is the creator of time, space, and matter - the universe.

No evolutionist or scientist has been able to create life by itself, so the universe and human beings must be by intelligent design.

I will use another analogy, look at the TV in your room - did it just suddenly appear there from nothing?

No, the TV had a creator and who created it - just like the universe and humans had a creator.

I don't know what created God as he is my creator and outside the universe but at least I am honest enough to admit =)

What created god then? Ask a TV what created it? the TV must have either come from nothing or by intelligent design.

I couldn't care less about winning the evolution vs. creationism argument. I only hope others will join me and save themselves as

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - Jesus (John 14:6)

Does church given out cocaine with communion now?

what created god then?

Does church given out cocaine with communion now?

if it did i might convert!

what created god then?

I wonder if GOD ever asks himself "how did I become God?."

Probably some higher being even more intelligent and powerful than God himself.. like Dog.

To be honest, lately I've really changed my thinking's a lot.

I believe in ghosts, after having some experience. For me to believe in ghosts, I have to believe that there is some form of an afterlife. I'm open to the possibilities that maybe there is a place where we go? Of course, it's always stirring in my mind that at the same time there isn't. I've been Buddhist for some time. Find that to be one of the better "religions" out there, although Buddhist people prefer to call it a way of life rather than a religion.

I think while I'm open to the possibilities that there may be something after death (reincarnation? Haunting people? Heaven/Hell?) I don't choose to follow a religion at all. I've been to a Christian church, and a Catholic church, and the idea of religion is truly good but the way it is executed just makes me despise it. The fact that religions are about not judging others and treating others as you wish to be treated is good. But if this was truly the case, why are homosexuals and people like that judged and treated as unequal by the churches themselves? There are plenty of bad Catholics out there, but of course on the Sunday they say their sorry's and then they're allowed back into "heaven" according to the Church. I don't like that at all.

The fact that religions have this sole idea of "We are the right one, AND THAT'S IT! NOBODY ELSE IS CORRECT!" really annoys me. I've had Muslims sitting in the city with their little stand about Allah being the ONLY savoir of the world. It's pretty intrusive to claim such things whether you meant to direct it at somebody or not.

I'm a strong believer in evolution. The evidence is there. Life after death is just something I've opened my eyes too.

There is NO god to be worshiped by Buddhists, hence it is not a religion :)

Glad to see another has opened their eyes.

The Christian and Catholic churches are completely aware of, and acknowledge the fact of the 'spirit realm.' (ie: ghosts).

They will tell you to forget about it, ignore it, its not real.. etc. Because they view anything to do with it as negative and 'evil.'

Edited by Shark

That's why I put the word religions in quotation marks. ;)

It's considered a religion by people who haven't read into it or are yet to understand.

lol analogies of tv and watches,

f**k i need a new tv and a new watch

I will pray for you

I will pray for you

Will it help my shot tv problem?

I will pray for you

Will it help my shot tv problem?

If it is God's will, then yes.

But hey, I'm just praying he'll fix it for you. It's up to God and whether it's part of his master plan for you to have a tv that works.

Edited by Shark

Atheists chant at Muslim protesters at Atheist Convention in Melbourne

damm how do you embed these days, it keeps changing. what button do you push now?

damm how do you embed these days, it keeps changing. what button do you push now?

I personally can't stand Muslims and their religion when it's shoved in peoples faces like that. This is the true reason why religion sucks dick, people just can't understand somebody else's views.

I personally can't stand Muslims and their religion when it's shoved in peoples faces like that. This is the true reason why religion sucks dick, people just can't understand somebody else's views.

The same can be said for the vast majority of non-beleivers.

That is, unfortunately, way too true.

I'm a non-believer myself, but don't preach about it to those who do believe. I simply expect the same treatment in return. Don't shove your ideologies down my throat, and I wont do the same to you.

It should just automatically embed when you copy the link into your reply and post. If that fails, then click the icon that comes up as "link" right under the "SIZE of font" arrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCfwcd_Ajg4

Edited by Shark

I do not believe in God or whatever else you want to call it, but I do believe in chance, there are who knows how many solar systems in the universe and what are the chances of there being a more advanced race watching us all this time and thinking to themselves...

"look at those stupid *milkshakes*"

Anybody, religious or not who outright refuses to acknowledge an alternative theory to existence of all things makes me ashamed to be human.

I do not believe in God or whatever else you want to call it, but I do believe in chance, there are who knows how many solar systems in the universe and what are the chances of there being a more advanced race watching us all this time and thinking to themselves...

Anybody, religious or not who outright refuses to acknowledge an alternative theory to existence of all things makes me ashamed to be human.

that is exactly right.. and there is a CHANCE that those super smart whatevers made us, or created the big bang, or whatever.. people that write things off 100% are silly IMO

what created god then?

"I am Sam. I am Sam. Sam I am... That Sam-I-am! That Sam-I-am! I do not like that Sam-I-am!" - Dr. Seuss (Green Eggs and Ham)

Fixed

that is exactly right.. and there is a CHANCE that those super smart whatevers made us, or created the big bang, or whatever.. people that write things off 100% are silly IMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

"Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy first coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) to illustrate the idea that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims rather than shifting the burden of proof to others, specifically in the case of religion. Russell wrote that if he claimed that a teapot were orbiting the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it would be nonsensical for him to expect others not to doubt him on the grounds that they could not prove him wrong."

"Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

"I ought to call myself an agnostic; but, for all practical purposes, I am an atheist. I do not think the existence of the Christian God any more probable than the existence of the Gods of Olympus or Valhalla. To take another illustration: nobody can prove that there is not between the Earth and Mars a china teapot revolving in an elliptical orbit, but nobody thinks this sufficiently likely to be taken into account in practice. I think the Christian God just as unlikely."

^ Saved me posting about the burden of proof being held by the one who makes the existencial claim.

As for "...when it's shoved in peoples faces like that... the same can be said for the vast majority of non-believers", I don't think I've ever seen an Atheist approach randoms and tell them to stop believing.

Religious people do this almost exclusively, as their doctrine compells them to recruit more victims.

As far as I'm concerned, once someone makes the decision to engage in such a sales pitch, it's entirely reasonable to throw your pitch back at them.

Usually I just tell them to keep their religion to themselves, but sometimes I'll tell them why they shouldn't believe.

Had one total nut-job tell me that the Holocaust didn't happen. :Drugs:

Edited by pmod

Athiests are by far the most annoying and pushy with their beliefs. Not only do they think they know everything about the existence of everything, but anyone who doesn't think the same, with the same ruthlessness, is mentally impaired.

Wanting others to know about your beliefs and possibly accepting them as their own is a weird paradigm. If you truely believe what you preach, then you believe everyone else is going to hell (or whatever the bad equivalent is), and you are trying to save them with your best intentions. On the other hand, if you're just happy to live your own life with your belief system, but don't really care what others believe, then how committed are you?

Obviously no one likes anyone telling you what you should do with your life, unless you are seeking it out. But in a weird way I can see where some of the people are coming from with their intention of doing what they believe is right.

What rubs everyone the wrong way however is religious or anti-religious people telling you what you should think for the sake of being annoying or causing friction. This is pretty much all athiests' protests.

Edited by steveP

It's fine to believe whatever, but causing a political stir to have things slanted your way just isn't cricket.

I also didn't have my grandfathers die 70 & 100 years ago (due to a threat where someone thought they were worthy enough to control everything) for someone to tell me how to think (IRONY?) because they were raised in a certain way that has changed their views and beliefs.

That video... brought a tear to my eye, a bit dragged on, but, don't these people have anything better to do other than claim refugee status and then kick up shit - I understand that it's only extremist sects/groups that cause a stir but seriously, if your religion is so amazing and "the cure" why doesn't everyone follow it? Just like psychic people, why haven't they all won the lottery.

Such a scam, always a scam. There's no excuse for ignorance in an age of instant knowledge ... but yet here we are, still retarded in our fancy getup.

Edited by TheApothecary