Sign in to follow this  
ToySprinta86

Anyone remember Drift Battle magazine?

Welcome back drift battle. 2 thumbs up for giving it another crack.

Picked up my copy this morning and, well ummm, i think I have read most of the features already in other magazines and no tech articles was disappointing, but for the first couple issues back, who cares!!! Just good to have it on the shelfs again.

its available online at magstore.com.au

Yeah, the articles are tearsheeted unfortunately... Hopefully if it starts back up, it'll get new content :)

Got my copy today, free pressure gauge yew! Hahaha

Yeah, the articles are tearsheeted unfortunately... Hopefully if it starts back up, it'll get new content :)

Where abouts on magstore.com.au? Do you have a link?

Will pick up a copy tomorrow, glad to see it back.

Hopefully turns out well, shame about the reruns of rides but if this gets it going again I'm in :)

Also if the purple ae86 is the one lm thinking of, it's been stripped and sold off a while ago and the new owner has just got it going again

Reason why this failed last time was because of the out dated content/regurgitated articles.

Plenty of Drift Events now and pro class/feature worthy builds/cars out that this magazine could be sustainable. Just need someone to cover each major drift event and youve got your quarterly magazine filled.

got my copy this morning , top shit

definatly has potential to come back , cant wait to see the next one with all new original content

Sooo how long til we know if it will come back :) due to the amount of events around aus and the amount of photographers that cover them would be heaps of good resources :D

Got my copy today. Good to have it back but given all the drift cars / events ATM it would have been nice to get at lest some new content. Hope iiit is here to stay.

I'll hopefullly know in a month or two. It needs to sell a certain amount to prove it's viable. Just have to wait till it sells enough :)

It's not up on magstore yet, but I'm trying to get that sorted :)

I'll hopefullly know in a month or two. It needs to sell a certain amount to prove it's viable. Just have to wait till it sells enough :)

If it picks up enough and you'd like to do a feature on a well known SA car's revamp over the off season lemme know!

If it picks up enough and you'd like to do a feature on a well known SA car's revamp over the off season lemme know!

nar.

deej

think i have a tonka truck laying around somewhere here, pretty sure that'd be feature worthy.... lol

picked up copy today

think i have a tonka truck laying around somewhere here, pretty sure that'd be feature worthy.... lol

picked up copy today

Where from

hmmmm

Me and a writer pondered a Event by Event magazine for DA in 2007, it would have had 16 pages on driver write ups, covering the DA drivers, and a couple on the up n coming guys in the lower series... and then 16 pages of last round action... with write ups on the what and how...

it would be like a programme for the events...

it never happened...

as for the "lots of photographers" at the events... yes there are... but you really need a broad spectrum of photos... crowd shots, pit stuff, podium, cars battles... and sooo much more..

I did a tech article of Marc Guyatts FC that was supposed to be in fast fours in 2008... it never got published... had the car on a hoist and got some cool detail of the under stuff and the lock... dam that was a great car to learn to drift in!!

the event photos on here that get the most hits are the ones with boobs and asses... not the best coverage...

and Kristian is right... 2nd hand wanlis are more important than more...

M

would have bought this but still not availible online

got mine today add me to the list of people happy to support the drift scene

not just happy to making cash off it

Edited by 1400R

Almost had a heart attack when i was at a deli getting food for work turned around and seen driftbattle. Snatched that bad boy straight away. Tyre pressure gauge was a good bonus too..

I still have my mint edition no.1 DriftBattle :)

bought it,

Knew it was a compilation but there wasnt even a single editorial or anything ...

Just looks like 'Drift' was searched in there archive, put on random and printed

If it is going to keep going needs to have original content, not just the leftovers of zoom/HPI/FF

That's pretty much what happened man. Like I said, if it sells, it'll get individual content

prob is... your burning people by selling it as it is.. people are going to buy it and go wtf is all this old content.. and not buy another.

im all for it coming back. i bought one.. knowing it was gonna have some old content but it was suprised when ALL of it was stuff i have read before.