Sign in to follow this  
Makz

Catalytic Converter

Whats better for a street car?

No cat or high flow cat?

If high flow, what cat do you use/recommend?

Since when did people that modify cars care about if things are illegal?

Better to have a cat.... So u should buy mine which is for sale.......

ive got a high flow cat in my type x and ive got a decat pipe... you can defiantly notice a difference between either one. it really just depends on what you want. that little bit of extra pull for an easy defect. but if your car already has a bunch of defects on go no cat. if your gonna get done might aswell get done with your car how you like it... :thumbsup:

exposed pods, cannons etc are different compared to running no cat as it increases pollution dramatically. I've heard of one bloke who copped $2500 for running no cat and apparently the fine can total over $10k. Much safer to run a 100 cel cat and save yourself the trouble

I think its a myth also but im a "better safe than sorry" kind of guy. i would assume with global warming and pollution on every politicians agenda that it would be a very serious offence. i don't know of anyone personally that has copped a fine but was having a chat with a mate before, apparently his brothers mate copped a pretty hefty fine for running no cat. Fine was in the thousands but nothing near 10k though

like the others have said.. if you car is defecatble then may aswell run no cat... if your scared about the big fine then run a highflow cat (catco,metal,x force ect..)

the way i see it is my car is too low for a cop to crawl on the ground to have a look not to mention they are lazy and will just stick ya with an epa notice anyway.

U can buy de-cat's that look exactly like a real cat !!! High recommend investing in one if u want no cat on a street car

exposed pods, cannons etc are different compared to running no cat as it increases pollution dramatically. I've heard of one bloke who copped $2500 for running no cat and apparently the fine can total over $10k. Much safer to run a 100 cel cat and save yourself the trouble

Yeh but a aftermarket ECU is the same as no cat.

Is the power differance with no cat compared to a high flow worth it???

I've been pulled over before with straight pipes, no mufflers or cat. Cop looked under my car and didn't say anything, just gave me a defect and a date to the EPA for a full emissions test.

The one I'm buying for my s15 has the mounts to screw the stock cat cover over the top so no one would know the difference,

There would be a large fine for running no cat on a street car, but that's only if you turn up to the EPA test still running no cat, is anyone going to be that dumb?

go high flow bro, something that flows over 400cpi.....usually cost about $350 though

There's not 'massive fine' for running around without a cat. It's a myth, like dragons and shit. Sure it'll get ya a defect but it's not going to cost ya $2500-$10000.

just putting it out there, if ur going to run a decat pipe and want it to look stock take at ur old cat with the good old broom handle trick. i'd be running a high flow cat for the street tho

if you want a run hectic flames Fast And Furious styles run a decat pipe. However you'll notice a strong fuel smell at start up with no cat.

I have a decat and pretty much never smell fuel. Stock turbs etc though

i am running no cat bought the car how it is and cant be bothered to get a new exhaust for it.

Today i took my cat off because i suspected it was blocked but it wasnt, i dont think its a high flow cat it looks abit like a catco one but theres no name on it. its got 3inch flanges so i dont think its standard. it might be a 200 cell. Would it be worth it to get a 100 cell?? or would it be a waste of money?

just pull ur cat off, smash the guts out with a crowbar or something and bolt it back in n forget about it. :) problem solved. only takes about half n hour

I run one of each !!

1 decat pipe

1 high flow cat

1 standard cat

keeps everyone happy and gives massive street cred. :thumb:

200cells fine...if you want more flow and dont mind a hint of fuel fumes then go 100cell:)

Im just worried about the flow off the 200cell if it is a 200cell, ive got 195kws atw but somethings holding it back im trying to figure out what it is