Sign in to follow this  
korsou

Which EMS to get?

Hello Gents,

I am about to purchase a Stand Alone ECU for my S13 with a CA18DET. I have experience with the HALTECH and WOLF3D from aroun 8 years ago and now am getting back in the ECU mapping world. I am looking at the LINKECU G4 Storm. Does anybody have experience with this unit? Or does anyone recommend another brand, model etc etc? I have heard some good things about the MicroTech as well.

Please let me have some of your experiences with the stand alones.

Thanks and regards,

Korsou

What are ur plans for the car. What do u use it for?

U shouldn't be asking us what ecu to get u really should be speaking to your tuner to see what he likes working with

U shouldn't be asking us what ecu to get u really should be speaking to your tuner to see what he likes working with

Sounds like he's the tuner if you read it again

I'd stay away from Microtech... I'm running a LT10s in my CA18 and I really want to upgrade. They run 16x16 maps, no wideband integration (unless you pay extra), buggy software, slow updates, etc... I just haven't had a really good experience with it.

I was doing a bit of research and was thinking about the Haltech Platinum Sport 1000, but after seeing the Link Storm, I'm more than likely going to upgrade to one of those... 32x32 maps, wideband integration from out of the box, auto-tunability, multiple maps and so forth. Price wise they're a bit cheaper than the Haltech too.

Hello Gents,

Thanks for the responses. Give the difference in time I am to respond just now.

I am the tuner myself, haven´t done it in a while but I guess it is just the same as building an engine, once you have done it you can do it again just need to be carefull :) :) :)

From all the search I have been able to do I am nore inclined as well for the LINK Storm due to the tunability and options it has from the box. In Spain it is difficult to find a good tuner for this kind of things as they are usually used to one kind and that is it. They do not look at better options for some brands, models etc etc. Sad but true.

I will mostly use the car for cruising and some rubber burning action. Once in a while I will do some drifting as the car is built for it but honestly speaking I enjoy building the cars, after I usually sell them as I don´t have the chance to use them as much.

Again, thanks for the help Gents. I will inform what ECU I end up getting.

Korsou