Sign in to follow this  
j-sx

s15 with 17's & 45 profile tyre

lads,

i have a set of dishy 18x8.5 & 18x9.5 inch 3p work miesters & recently have the track/motorsport bug & am considering picking up a set of either enkei rpf1, volk re30's or ce28n in 17x8 and 17x9 sizes with 45 profile semi's.. anyone have these rims (or any other in the same size) on their s15? please share.

Jas.

The height of the tire is a result of both the width and profile. To keep the same rolling diameter you have to go a lower profile the wider the tire. So a 45 profile and a 40 profile can have the same rolling diameter (and thus look) if the 40 profile is a wider tire. I am unsure why you are fixated on the profile. It's not hard to Google S15 17" *insert rim model here* or browse the huge number of images on this forum.

im not changing the width of the tyres at all only wheel size.. currently have 225 fronts & 235 rear's both with 40 profile these tyre widths can also sit on 8' fronts & 9' rears. u forgot to mention that the lower the profile the 'stiffer' the tyre/side wall.. usually track/grip orientated set ups involve a higher profile tyre (higher side wall = less stiffer) the tyre has more flex, resulting in more grip.. so obvioulsy i am after more grip/functionality - but want to see what it looks like. also tried google.. very limited pics & details.. thought id get a better success rate on here except not everyone has 17's with 45 profile on pricy rims hence this post!

Edited by j-sx

I know it was a while ago when you asked for this info but I have 225/45/17 front and 235/45/17 rear tyres on 9" BBS LM's fitted to my S15. I am wanting a car for grip/fast road driving instead of all this drifting lark.. Hope this helps..

P1000425.jpg

i have 17x9 +22 on 235/45...some people are able to put 255 on the rears and 245 at the front. just gotta pick the correct offset/rim width

edit: just re-read your post....check my dp.

225 on 9 inch wide rims will be too stretched for track. the 235s are already slightly stretched and doesn't have the "square" look that you see on race cars

Edited by fried rice

I'm in the same position as you but at the moment I have 33 GTR rims on 235/45's all around and with the +30 offset there is too much stretch for my liking and not enough room to go wider.

fried rice - I'm looking at getting some super laps soon in the same size and offset as your rims or maybe +15, do you reckon I'd be able to run at least 245's at the front and 255's on the rear??

I know it was a while ago when you asked for this info but I have 225/45/17 front and 235/45/17 rear tyres on 9" BBS LM's fitted to my S15. I am wanting a car for grip/fast road driving instead of all this drifting lark.. Hope this helps.. P1000425.jpg

nice! always been a fan of the BBS' & thanks for sharing.. how much do they weigh? & true about drifting man.. dont get me wrong it's good fun but is over rated. currently looking at rpf1's in 17x8+35 & x9+45 which gives good room for future brake upgrade.. same tyre widths kept but with 45 profile.

ideally though for grip set up - you need to have the same size wheels all round - but for me that means new guards up front.. so the above will have to do for now. keep hem coming guys.

http://img220.imageshack.us/i/imageyoz.jpg/

That's 255/40/17 on 9in wheel with +32 offset and about 1deg camber. I just had to roll the guards a little. Hope to keep the same size when I go for r888

In front I've got r888 235/45/17 on 8in wheel with +32 offset. No modifications required, but I'm not sure if I could fit 245 semi that easily in front...

Edited by ru55kj

I'm in the same position as you but at the moment I have 33 GTR rims on 235/45's all around and with the +30 offset there is too much stretch for my liking and not enough room to go wider.

fried rice - I'm looking at getting some super laps soon in the same size and offset as your rims or maybe +15, do you reckon I'd be able to run at least 245's at the front and 255's on the rear??

i believe you can but you can't lower the car. you might have to set it at stock height.

or you can set camber to at least -3 front and rear.

It will depend on how thick the tirewall would be on your chosen tyres.

Not sure about +15, though

Edited by fried rice

i believe you can but you can't lower the car. you might have to set it at stock height.

or you can set camber to at least -3 front and rear.

It will depend on how thick the tirewall would be on your chosen tyres.

Not sure about +15, though

These questions never fade, all the same response.

any way that you could make the pics worse?

yeh.. i can actually.