Sign in to follow this  
YogiR33

VicDrift Members Day - 10th Dec 2011 (Winton Raceway)

il be at wallan BP at some point in the morning its where i always fill up

Yeh we normally get to the Wallan BP by about 5:20-5:30ish to grab brekkie

nice chilled out day.

i apologise for my whack driven lol got to get better scrapys next time

Edited by driftar31

what a awsome day! thanks heaps to all that made it happen, i had a blast best bday ive ever had! flow was really good for C class got heaps of runs just wish i wasnt having cooling issues so i could have done more

good day!, blew another turbo gasket so had to pack up at 3.30 and getting funny noises from clutch as well now, 3 months till matsuri !

Prob most laid back day of year was great to just get out and slide with so much flow pretty much never stopped to line up flow was that good and not having that slow point on the straight made it heaps of fun too.

Missed last couple of sessions due to having a small tap with someone ripped my oil cooler in half lol and i hope other guy didnt have much damage.

Thanks for the year vicdrift and wheeltech for always doing top job and prices with tyres, pumped already to go hard at matsuri next year.

What an awesmoe way to finish off the year.

Most chilled back drift day, with pretty much open non stop flow

Almost ran out of fuel by the time the open session was anounced, so called it a day at that point.

Definitly looking forward to Matsuri, hoping to have all the little setup issues resolved by then.

Thanks VicDrift for providing an awesome year of drifting and cant wait for next year

upload pics already!!

Missed last couple of sessions due to having a small tap with someone ripped my oil cooler in half lol and i hope other guy didnt have much damage.

Yeh my brothers rx7. bonnet, front vent, bar, headlight assembly, reo nothing that cant be replaced and/or repainted...

upload pics already!!

Yeh my brothers rx7. bonnet, front vent, bar, headlight assembly, reo nothing that cant be replaced and/or repainted...

Damn thats quite a few things damaged sorry about that, I got lucky with only a smashed oil cooler core which is easily replaced.

Was a top day, Vic Drift Members Days always deliver, thanks to the guys that made it all happen :thumb:

Anyone got any pics / vids?

i didnt even get a full lap in, borke it on the first lap as i was about to enter the first corner after the s's :(

new car will should be ready for matsuri...!!

i dont spose anyone got any pics of the white 32 47b.?

snap 3.jpg

Edited by barney

A guy came up to me and gave me his card and said he had photos of me but i lost it during the day, Sorry mate if you see this can you send them to us? I was in the silver 86!

Great day, great people and really chilled atmosphere, exactly what you want in a drift day!

That would have been pat from stuff diff!

Another excellent day, thanks to organizers and volunteers for making the day such a success. Think I ended up doing 6 sessions plus an open and all on the same set of tires LOL n/a ftw (sometimes)

members day > practicedays

Can't wait for matsuri :)

Edited by philmak

wtf lol i thought you said the s13 was turbo now! so you were talking about the s14 when you got tony b to do your turbo gasket??!?

nah the 13 is staying non turbo :), yeah man that was the 14 was getting the turbo gasket changed!

Undecided about what to slide next year

Edited by philmak

yeah looked like it was going to be a sick day out there. We bailed early after the front main seal went and ripped the engine out. Should be in the ceffy within a fortnight. Like most we're smashing out the cars for matsuri.

Was one of my favourite track day. Everything was soo laid back and I've never seen the pits so quiet.

The muggy atmosphere in the morning brought out the ceebs in me so I didnt take much photo, falling asleep in the back M bunker didnt help either :ph34r:

Thanks to Pete and Nigel for giving my a ride around the track. Also Yoshi for nursing the gash in my palm. :P

My photos will be up tomorrow, however not much though.

Edited by henry.

That would have been pat from stuff diff!

Another excellent day, thanks to organizers and volunteers for making the day such a success. Think I ended up doing 6 sessions plus an open and all on the same set of tires LOL n/a ftw (sometimes)

members day > practicedays

Can't wait for matsuri smile.png

Did you have brand newies on man?

Last day I went through 12 tyres and ran out at the start of the open session.

do you pop them from handbrake? thats a lot of tyres lol

Nah I've only ever popped from handbrake 1st day.. since then on entries I'm constantly up & down to stop flat spots.

They're scrappies which would explain most of them but I've gone through tyres with about 80-90% tread in one session a few times.

I know the amount of heat cycles impacts it but I'm thinking it'd have to be wheel speed because mates running the same tyres with over double the power barely go through half as many.

My brothers rx7 went through 2 sets of new tyres for the full day. Buy brand new it works out cheaper.

it takes me less then two sessions to go through a pair of new tires,

and thats stock power, 4.3 and little skill lol.

im scared to see how quickly ill go through tires next year

someone put a camera on my car can i see the video ?

i normally go through 2 new pairs a day with 220rwkw, i pity the wallets of the guys who use a pair a session but envy there smoke show :)

Killed new pair each session on Saturday, 210kw :(

Had at least 2.5-3 camber though and was messing around sitting on full lock a fair bit hehe

Tyres are a killer its a pair of new zetas for each session for me. Kind of miss the days when it was 1 pair for a day lol but it is good fun lighting themup hard.

I can't afford new tyres every track day :(

It's cheap for me because we get like 40 tyres (scrappies) for $50 and fit them ourselves.

I'm NA and still smashing 2 pairs a session.