Sign in to follow this  
pabs89

Evo 8... good buy?

hey guys, im going to sound like a loser, but im quite new to the whole evo scene. therefore i dont know much at all about them.

i had an 04, RX8, then an S13 for a while. now ive sold them both and im really looking into buying an evo.

I found one that is quite nice and here are the mods :

18" gram light wheels .

18/245/50Kumo tyres .

Link Evo G3 ECU w/ 7 Bar map sensor - Link G4 Firmware upgrade . (no idea about G3 ecu's any info would be great)

Exedy Triple Plate Carbon Clutch.

Monster race 4 core alloy radiator .

Cuscio Front Strut brace

Pioneer 7" double din .

Blue tooth SAT NAV, DVD, I POD Connectivity .

Greedy Full Race coil over suspension .

Greedy 3' Mandrel Bent stainless steel exhaust .

Tracker Hornet Alarm .

Evo 9 Rear Bar .

The car has 72,000 K's on it, and the guy is asking for $25,990 wich seems okay... opinions?

if i did purchase it, i would do some mods, including a fuel pump, injectors(not sure about specifications), all being supporting mods for an FP RED turbo, wich if been told is the way to go for evo's. any other mods that would be nessecary/nice to have's???

if anyone can shed some light on my questions that would be great! thanks for reading

Pabs

depending on condition or the car which would be the outcome of the price. I'm guessing its a GSR and not MR for that price?

If u would be looking at spending a little bit more $$$ feel free to pm me as I will be selling my evo soon and has all the goodies u want including FP Red and all supporting mods.

^ buy this

What happened Josh not going through with the plans or just over the Evo?

Pabs jump on evolutionm.net or evolutionOz.net for plenty of info about them.

Need to clear some debt so I can buy a house trae.. As they say "love that car" and I'd love to keep it but it has to be done to get ahead :(. I'd love to whack double pumpers and e85 in it and go for 320kw but it's time to get some bricks.

very true blingy didnt notice that till u pointed it out. way overkill for very very minimal mods, id say mods have been taken off the car prior the for sale ad.

Need to clear some debt so I can buy a house trae.. As they say "love that car" and I'd love to keep it but it has to be done to get ahead :(. I'd love to whack double pumpers and e85 in it and go for 320kw but it's time to get some bricks.

:( shame man but fair enough roof over your head is more important, hopefully new owner takes care of it and goes through with similar plans..

thanks yeahs for that guys! gonna check out Newy josh's evo, i have some similar plans for the future for it i guess so ill see where it takes me... that other evo doesnt look like such a great choice all of a sudden, it's also red, wich ive heard fades a lot, theres also another one i had my eyes on, wich was a 7, with the mods listed below:

HKS COILOVERS

ARC AIR FILTER

ARC MANIFOLD COVER

TURBO-TIMER

EXHAUST

DEFI GAUGES

WORK 18" RIMS

GENUINE C-WEST FRONT BAR

this one has 60,000 K's on the clock and is advertised for $19,990, ive heard the 7's are pretty decent too. thoughts???

Cheers

like i said pablo u can always send it to my place b4 u get back from that hell hole ur in and ill lock it up here :thumb:

that's looking like the plan dude! if you can organise a few things for me