Sign in to follow this  
danjor

Mazda 1000 Sr20VET The chase for 8's

Ok so i decided i should probly post up the new project i am building with help from the boys over at East Coast Customs i know its not a s13 but meh its still sr powered... I originally wasnt going to build the car but after getting used to my 180 (321ONO) which made 422rwkw i thought the easiest way of going much faster is put it into a much smaller car with new ve head setup and add gas so here it goes. Ill put more specs of the car as time goes on but heres a few sneak peaks!

Mazda 1000 Ute

SR20VET + GT3582

C4 Auto

E85

Nitrous

SNC00012.jpg

mazda1.jpg

mazda2.jpg

mazda4.jpg

mazda5.jpg

mazda7.jpg

Edited by antonioシ

Just waiting for the sheet metal 9" to come back from the boys over at race car engineering - 40 spline mark williamson axels, strange full spool, richmond gears. Should be picking my converter up from the converter shop today hopefully. The car is in the process of getting s14 coilovers, hubs and knuckles, castor rods and custom made lca's. Not going to give to many specs of motor yet but 35+psi 100 shot of gas and e85 should bring me well up near the 700hp mark once the new turbo comes as the 35 is just a starting point for me to get used to the car!

Edited by danjor

PJ's motor in that shell would be awesome

It would go like a bat outta hell!

not sure if serious.

whys that?

me feels he has been waiting to say that for a long time, just finding the right thread to say it

Edited by -fill-

fark yes! thats awesome.

can't wait to see more!

Please put convo pros on it!!! Cage looks tops man.

Funny you mention that, i actually am putting convo pros on it mate. The wheel base has been extended by 350mm to once i get the diff back we can start on extending the tray,,,

tuffff as man .u going to be runnin a big stall with that turbo? Wot size rear housing? Keen as to see this thing done.

Funny you mention that, i actually am putting convo pros on it mate. The wheel base has been extended by 350mm to once i get the diff back we can start on extending the tray,,,

tuffff as man .u going to be runnin a big stall with that turbo? Wot size rear housing? Keen as to see this thing done.

yeh i will be running a big stall conveter mate, im actually looking at a new precision turbo at the moment

Should be sweet man!!! U extendn the wheelbase yeh? Is that because short wheel base unstable at high speeds?

ok i know this one is going to be good so im going to keep an eye on it and nice chouce of car :humpleg:

Got my 1/2" head studs today hopefully only another week or so until my motor is back from the machinist with new sleves and all the other bits and pieces ill throw some more pictures up soon.

STUD.jpg

New sleves getting done, they dropped the other 2 in this afternoon!

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

Insane build man, I can't wait to see it up and running.

Super tuff man... Making som good progres

Sleeves finished and holeat the back of the block bunged up to suit the ve head, head studs and deck the block should be finished this week then start assembly yeeew :D

sleeve.jpg

Edited by danjor

Ive had abit more progress just a little hard when i have to go away with work so much.

Cut the firewall and inner wheel guards out to be able to mount the motor

1001.jpg

1003.jpg

4 link welded in just waiting for wheelie bars to arrive so i can mount qa1 rear coilovers

1002.jpg

Rolled some wheel tubs up while i was in the office

1004.jpg

Motor mounted in, makes the 35r look rather huge although im going to get a new manifold made to suit new larger turbo!

1000.jpg

turbo is big enough and E85 u should be able to run 8's with out a problem