Sign in to follow this  
Victory-Spec

Cheap ebay HDMI cables

I went into JB hifi the other day to get a couple hdmi cables, only to be shocked at how much they were gonna cost ($60 each 1.5m).

Like most people these days, I had a look on ebay to see how much I can save on these cables. They were gonna cost me $7 with free postage, for a 2m cable v1.4, which I believe is the latest standard.

Anyone had any problems with these cheap ebay hdmi cables?

Probably just buy one only $7 bucks and see for myself. Still interesting to see what you guys have experienced with them.

They're all exactly the same mate. Monster just charge ignorant people $50/100 per cable and it's no different to the $5-$10 cheapy.

If you have a 3D TV you'll need a 1.4HDMI cable otherwise any 1.3HDMI will be fine (can get them from MSY/PCDIY in town if you can't wait).

I got the same reaction lol went on ebay delivered for under $10 sweet works excellent

Personally, I've bought these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1M-HDMI-Cable-Full-HD-HDTV-PS3-xBox360-BluRay-1080p-k4a-/280691886787?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item415a8a4ac3#ht_2826wt_1163 & http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2M-HDMI-Cable-Full-HD-HDTV-PS3-xBox360-BluRay-1080p-k4-/280706121392?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item415b637eb0#ht_2826wt_1163 - and they're fine. Out of the five that I've bought, I only had a problem with one of the plugs bending out of shape, but that was my own fault. Been using them for all sorts of shit, including gaming, and haven't had any troubles regarding the connection. I figure even if they fail down the track, I've only lost $2.

+1 to non-$30 a pop hdmi cables. haven't noticed a single difference. none of my mates who are a bit more into AV have noticed either.

$7?

I think I paid less than $4 from Catch Of The Day for the last 3 I've bought(already had 1 floating around). Incase you ask, I bought one for each PS3, had one from receiver to TV already, and a third as a spare for when we want to plug the laptop in to the TV.

+1 for them being the same.

Personally, I've bought these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1M-HDMI-Cable-Full-HD-HDTV-PS3-xBox360-BluRay-1080p-k4a-/280691886787?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item415a8a4ac3#ht_2826wt_1163 & http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2M-HDMI-Cable-Full-HD-HDTV-PS3-xBox360-BluRay-1080p-k4-/280706121392?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item415b637eb0#ht_2826wt_1163 - and they're fine. Out of the five that I've bought, I only had a problem with one of the plugs bending out of shape, but that was my own fault. Been using them for all sorts of shit, including gaming, and haven't had any troubles regarding the connection. I figure even if they fail down the track, I've only lost $2.

How long did the postage on them take?

theres a few articles on the net laughing at people who pay more than $12 for a HDMI cable, you don't need an expensive one any of the popular ones on ebay will do the job without any problem

How long did the postage on them take?

Around 10-13 working days each time I bought them. If you're looking to get something quickly, I'd go the Australian ones for $7 or whatever they are. I wasn't in a rush, so I just went with the cheapest option.

Edited by Grantz0r

Cheers mate. Yeh I hate waiting on things I've paid for haha.

You all winge and complain about a $50 HDMI... Try talking a customer into a $499 Denon 1.5m Ethernet Cable.

http://usa.denon.com...=AKDL1(DenonNA)

Fark me, and it is still copper wire.

For that much i would expect a $500 "ultra premium" cable to contain pure f**king gold.

But my music won't sound as clear if I don't get the best, right?

surely, that doesn't need italics.

I got mine from MSY back when they were like $5 for 3m, now i think they're around $8 for 1.5m. also have eBay ones which work a treat.

just get the cheapy

you only REALLY need higher quality cables if you're going long distance

but really, who has a 30 or 40m HDMI cable?

I used an eBay cable but te plug fell apart when I had to unplug it from my amp. I then bought MSY cable and haven't had any probs.

my work, here in prospect, $5-$20 For Sizes ranging from 1.5trs to 10mtrs, Flat Style (For under Rugs etc) and Normal round. Cheap and in stock all the time /ShamlessPlug

Not much of a shameless plug if you don't include the shop name.

Haha

just get the cheapy

you only REALLY need higher quality cables if you're going long distance

but really, who has a 30 or 40m HDMI cable?

You would be stupid to run a HDMI cable anywhere near that length!

Actually anything over 5M I would look at component or a cat5 converter.

Also, anyone with a "smart" home or even just a projector would easily need 10M cables.

cablechick.com.au does good ones, variety depending what features you want and how much youre willing to spend. from cheap cheap (regular black rubber shielding and silver plugs) to premium gear (gold plated, braided shielding, flat etc)

The ritmo cheapies from MSY/PCDIY are gold plated... I sold them years ago in highschool to people and they're still working years later :)

I LOL sometimes regarding this, I know some people say the NAKAMICHI HDMI is still worth $100 and it gives different quality to the ebay HDMI one.

I really wish they under stand that HDMI is digital; 010001010010 will be the same either on $7 cable or on $100.

Haha

touche, didnt think of that

if anyones interested ill post the name,

Haha

touche, didnt think of that

if anyones interested ill post the name,

You're a mong...

GO TO MSY OR PCDIY. IT'S NOT HARD.