Sign in to follow this  
Silvieson

Breafast At QR / Lunch At Lakeside

Again big thanks to Anthony for yesterday smile.png. Early start but was worth it for some good fanging around both tracks. Never done the national QR circuit before! If anybody has photos of on track I'm keen as to see them!

national is a fun track but it puts the biggest strain on your engine as it is so long on full open throttle and also on the brakes as you have to brake so much into turn 3

Yeah I was giving it a bootfull down the straights and my temps got up to 100 degrees.

Then I switched the aircon off and it dropped back down to 81 :whistle:

Yeah Damit my brakes were fine, only towards the end started to get a bit soft but my rear pads are almost non existent so I wasn't surprised lol. My temps were good too! Highest spike at 86 degrees at QR for the whole day but I was in traffic lol. Mostly stayed around 75! ^_^

First batch of photos now live:

http://zeropromises.com/?p=146

Awesome writeup dude! Love the mention of UNC :) cheers :thumbsup:

thanks for the pics normality and Leisha!

I had a leaking turbo to manifold gasket after the last time at QR, but after Sunday it's gone quiet :D

Does anybody know where on track pics are? I saw a shit load of cameras on the straights at both tracks....

Edited by pubes16

Aliesha's BF was taking photos at lakeside and normality will have his up soon. as for QR... im not sure dude.. because everyone with a camera was on track at QR..

Awesome write up and pics Normality, will be keen to see the next two.

As for my in car footage... well I didn't discover until I got home that I had my phone set to "lowest quality".. instead of 1080p... So lets just say It doesn't look the best doh!

cool vids mike!!! got my stuff up going into 3 after dave!! hahahaha.. after that my temps went through the roof and i baked my mani to turbo gasket so backed off :(

I was same couple o laps after passin u brake feel went. Figured when got home rear pads were stuffed was steel on steel when got home lucky rotors arent scored bad. I see wat u were talkin bout wit the puffs of black smoke when u were comin on boost, think mine was doin same

Yeah my boost was spiking to 20 psi then tapered off to 16.. I couldn't get it to hold 18... I think Mbc is stuffed... But more likely a leak somewhere.. I drive it daily so I dont always boost it so there is every possibility that I also fouled plugs..

S15 brake setup for mine soon hopefully and cams so when I do that I'll put in my ebc and get the car retuned.

Awesome vids mate, was great to see mine in the first one :).

Edit: Should have the second batch of pics up on Friday. Just trying to find time between work and uni assignments. Also decided that I will be uploading a third batch by Sunday, as I simply don't have the heart to leave any more pictures on the cutting room floor. Fingers crossed, but everyone who drove at Lakeside should get at least one photo online. :thumbsup:

Edited by normality

If you were timing yourself lapping lakeside in 65 seconds in the come and try day then you pretty much put yourself in it.

For what it's worth I spoke to quite a number of the guys in the pits while I was getting ready for practice and they all spoke about how some guy in a white S15 was being an idiot, I didn't know who it was and hadn't thought anything of it until seeing this now.

The idea of these days is to get more people out to the sprints and practice sessions. Not put them under stress to turn them off racing or put them into a wall when they get frightened and swerve off track.

ENOUGH!

Chris I had already had a talk with Funkdoc on the day after people approached me and he already understands other peoples views on the situation. I Appreciate that you are trying to help.

If you want to continue your discussion do it via PM not here.

I do not want to see a this break down into an argument after such a successful day! how ever that said everyone had valid points.

I'm not gonna try and mediate (Ill just delete posts) as I'm feeling like crap and just want to go to bed so I'm gonna say just one thing, These are fast cruise sessions.. whilst essentially there is no speed limit to them i expect people to conduct themselves in a manner that is not going to endanger the participants nor our ability to hold these days. I said after Breakfast that it is not an Open sprint session trying to crack 60 seconds around lakeside in that environment with 25-30 other cars on track with no safety gear is just plain reckless and stupid just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it. 80% of people that were on the track for that session were out for the first time, some for the first time around lakeside and some for the first time on a race track in general this is why I reiterated the fact that QR will back the car being past. We need the experienced people to help out and teach those people that are new to it all not to intimidate nor scare them. So in future and i say this to all of the experienced guys that were out there back off a little and maybe let some of the newer people actually follow you and to learn the correct line...

crap... i dont even know if im talking sense...

Yeh no worries! I wasn't aware from our last discussion that you had addressed the issue with him. But thanks you. It appeared as though he wasn't aware from his replies that's all. Didn't mean to take away from the day.

Hopefully it's all sorted now! Working on a few picks still. I got a couple from the straight at qr.

exactly bev

at lakeside I was off boost most of the time just putting around doing lines and getting a feel in the 180 there - and also full noise would of probably got me booted

and QR I went hard but was still only 75% through the corners and only passed down the straits and just followed the car infront around the corner at there pace unless they went off line to let me past

Edited by Damit

Hey Bev, didn't mean to break this into an argument... But teezn said a few things that really ticked me off... Ie driving style unwelcome at the sprints... Something he clearly knows very little about... Anyways, enjoyed the day, met old and new friends. Apart from the quick chat we had, no one seemed to have a problem, including the LS and QR track owner John... I was chatting to him after our session.

Mase, if u were there in my car, you'd say otherwise.... Trust me.... I've seen u drive, ur quick as well, you should understand when i say I wasn't going that fast at all... Before every pass, I was pausing... watched the car in front turn in... Ill go a little wider... plan my turn in a little later for faster exit... Almost all of my passes were either On the main straight, from the outside or on the exit of turns... I never cut anyone off or dived under them mid corner.... I dont do that at the sprints... Why would i do that on sunday...

Also, my cars got a racepak data logger.... I wasn't timing myself... Seriously, on a day like that, i had a passenger with me, no harness...just finished raining... Why would I??? Btw... Most laps where over 70sec... The quickest being a 65.... U should have a pretty good idea how fast I was driving....

Also, I got PMed by people who DON'T have a problem with my driving...

Damnit, you'd be surprised how loud u can be at lakeside... Seen a few NA side exit exhaust cars go through fine....

Fair enough well I didn't see, only was told by a few people. Probably best to just stick to sprints/general practice. What did your racepak data logger set you back?

But it's $20 and comes with breakfast!!!! LOL!!!

IQ3 loggers about 3k from memory... But u need additional sensors and ecu harness...

Its a lot of work involved to get the most from it...

Pics... excuse the size and quality. Didnt really have time to play with them.

DSC05286.JPG DSC05290.JPG

DSC05291.JPG DSC05297.JPG

DSC05310.JPG DSC05344.JPG

DSC05345.JPG DSC05346.JPG

DSC05347.JPG DSC05356.JPG

DSC05357.JPG DSC05361.JPG

DSC05376.JPG DSC05387.JPG

and QR I went hard but was still only 75% through the corners and only passed down the straits and just followed the car infront around the corner at there pace unless they went off line to let me past

Same here, I just follow and wait for a signal or if they move off line.

As for brakes, I just run R32 spec all round with dba slotted up front, half decent pads and fluid, never had fade or boiled the fuild. Where as the stock 31 brakes (same as s13) would fade after 2-3 laps.

Awesome shots :) 2 very good ones of my black onevia in there too, many thanks!!

i run r32 gtst up front and it can fade a little, but only when really getting on them hard.

never boils the fluid

Edited by mikk

i run r32 gtst up front and it can fade a little, but only when really getting on them hard.

never boils the fluid

fading is more to do with pads then anything and im running 32 brakes as well and had no fade at all

and awesome shots Chris

braided lines will help too. once your rubber lines heat up they start to buldge

Thanks for the kind comments about my black S14a!

+1 :) Great shots, and very kind words, thank you!