Sign in to follow this  
Simon-S14

looking for a wheel alignment place in adelaide? read on

Last time I sent my car to Adelaide radial tyres for a wheel alighment my rear camber arms ended up getting sold to Dale campaign to go on his car... Witout my permission.. Not very professional if u ask me... Would not recommend them

IMO they have always been crap beats me why they have such a good rep?

Edited by SIKMREX

yep. I've used Pedders Modbury for a while. Paul always looks after me and is now the only one to touch my cars BUT I have been looking elsewhere....

I've had a castor rod drop out 4 days after alignment last year and a castor rod bolt left finger tight on my old KE with new Cusco rods + brackets

Will give you a try next time Chris. I'm just around the corner too

No probs mate.

-Chris

Last time I sent my car to Adelaide radial tyres for a wheel alighment my rear camber arms ended up getting sold to Dale campaign to go on his car... Witout my permission.. Not very professional if u ask me... Would not recommend them

Wtf sold ur arms ???? What did u say ???? I would have lost my shit

^^^Yeh keen to know what happened there!! Will have to check Chris out as it's right near me when I get wheels and arms put on.

I just got 2 new Federal RSR's fitted and a wheel alignment from mark at SA motorsport tyres.he was a massive help, really nice guy and gave some solid advice, best thing is that the car has never driven this well!

i will be going back next time

i would highly recommend bridgestone at kidman park on grange road. my work get all their alignments done by them. i got tyres and an alignment done today on my car. great people to deal with and good prices too.

they are into their drift as well!

Bridgestone quoted me $456 for 18 inch tryes and said that's the cheapest they had .... GTFO

Bridgestone quoted me $456 for 18 inch tryes and said that's the cheapest they had .... GTFO

assuming they were bridgestones?

you get what you pay for

no you dont.. you get overpriced tyres.

you can spend less and get far more better value for money tyres that will perform just as well if not better

well most people on here dont drive their cars hard so I guess it doesnt matter

most of the bridgestones in those sizes are OE fitment for various euro cars hence the price

still always among the best performing even with similarly priced tyres....

I agree that most bridgestone dealers have reasonable margins, but people try to compare prices to linglongs etc

What size was the quote for? Single tyre?

Edited by AJPS

^^^Yeh keen to know what happened there!! Will have to check Chris out as it's right near me when I get wheels and arms put on.

yeh nothing really i could do about it alot more went down than just this but he admitted that he took them off all he then did to make the situation right was took some money off the bill then charged me more for other service witch is pretty bullshit but its his word agaist mine.. he also has a few bits an piece off mine but its not worth the head f**k .... pretty sure none of them are mechanics ... but make ur own mind up bout them live an learn

no you dont.. you get overpriced tyres.

you can spend less and get far more better value for money tyres that will perform just as well if not better

Totally agree with Simon on that one.

Bridgestones are IMO overpriced, your purely paying for the name. Replacement 19" Potenza 050A's on a VE Commodore are $638 RRP each! I can garuntee I could do the exact same size tyre that is better both mileage and performance wise for less than half that price!

-Chris

Edited by Screamer_S13

no you dont.. you get overpriced tyres. you can spend less and get far more better value for money tyres that will perform just as well if not better
Totally agree with Simon on that one. Bridgestones are IMO overpriced, your purely paying for the name. Replacement 19" Potenza 050A's on a VE Commodore are $638 RRP each! I can garuntee I could do the exact same size tyre that is better both mileage and performance wise for less than half that price! -Chris

I dont know about 19s but in the 14s and 15s the adrenalin range is by far the best value/performance for the price - even when they were made in salisbury

LOL to all the people whinging at wheel aligners for doing a shit job, how do you know they stuffed your alignment up did you go home and measure it or did the next place you went talked shit about how bad of job was done last time...

There is alot things for you to realise that f**k with your alignment they can include shitty/Worn tyres, worn shitty arms or a shitty old bent car, but im sure its just those dumb ass shitty wheel aligner dudes that do it everyday but still seem to have no idea what there doing!

Edited by benny-g

Pretty obvious when your castor rod falls out after being adjusted and only having 1.5 threads holding it in .....

And when you mark where your arms are and you get it back and they are still in the same spot with no evidence of anything being touched

Just sayin' I don't think you need to be an expert

Just thought id bump this one back up...I sent my brother to SA Motorsport Tyres, he has an evo very much like mine...he got charged $140 for a "Motorsport Wheel Alignment"

Problems:

They did the wheel alignment with the steering wheel not straight, this in turn caused the AYC to crack an absolute spaz resulting in some very nice loud clunking from the rear end, before this was rectified the car has shit a rear diff, we cannot prove that this is the fault of the aligner doing the alignment with the wheel not centred but im not going to rule it out.

He had the wheel recentered and the noise went away but it was too late.

Today he had the car re-aligned for the track this saturday at Kevin Kenny Tyres on Mullers road, they charged him $79 and they do it old school without lasers.

My brother was very shocked to find that SA Motorsport Tyres had put UNEVEN amounts of camber on the rear wheels and to top it off it had UNEVEN amounts of toe out at the rear as well.

The car now drives perfectly with no vibrations at all.

The self proclaimed "experts" at SA motorsport tyres are nothing of the sort

Edited by MR 1JZ

Can't recommend Kevin Kenny Tyres on Mullers Road enough. If you want a proper job done, he's the man. Been in the game longer than most of us have known what "cars" are.

Just thought id bump this one back up...I sent my brother to SA Motorsport Tyres, he has an evo very much like mine...he got charged $140 for a "Motorsport Wheel Alignment"

Problems:

They did the wheel alignment with the steering wheel not straight, this in turn caused the AYC to crack an absolute spaz resulting in some very nice loud clunking from the rear end, before this was rectified the car has shit a rear diff, we cannot prove that this is the fault of the aligner doing the alignment with the wheel not centred but im not going to rule it out.

Today he had the car re-aligned for the track this saturday at Kevin Kenny Tyres on Mullers road, they charged him $79 and they do it old school without lasers.

My brother was very shocked to find that SA Motorsport Tyres had put UNEVEN amounts of camber on the rear wheels and to top it off it had UNEVEN amounts of toe out at the rear as well.

sucks to hear. did your bro call them back up and express the concerns?

all businesses make mistakes.. its how they deal with it that counts.

Problems:

On Simons car?

Yeah I thought that alignment was dodgy.

Good to see KK fix it up!

Im lucky in the fact that i can practically borrow the space of a friends workshop/alignment machine and do it myself with them over a few hours

Any f**k ups or shit alignments are product of my shitty shitty ability

but meh, i'l learn.

At least i dont drop my car off at any so called 'know-it all', give them a vague description of what i want, be unhappy with it and QQ over the interwebs.

wheel alignment is a shit job, pays crap, bad career path etc.

Has anyone dealt with G&A tyres in pooraka?

I would recommend Kevin Kenny on Muller road too. Top bloke

Just out of curiosity how much is a standard wheel alignment I haven't done any suspension mods and My 34 is stock Height with a stock front bar.

I read some of the prices further up an im hoping that tire included lol I already have good tires but i really need that wheel alignment.

Standard price doesn't assume a multitude of adjustable arms tho.

On another note got my S14 aligned the other day and they nailed it. Minimum fuss and took plenty if care

$50 to $70 i would say is a general price

Ohh awesome thanks guys next question is who should i see up north

+1 Kevin Kenny tyres

No fancy lasers there

Call Chris from City Discount Tyres Ridgehaven . Tell him your from the forum he will look after you.

Pretty sure he doesnt work there anymore

Edited by sleeper_13

Adelaide Radial Tyre in Holden Hill have always looked after me. I know there is or used to be mixed reviews on here about them but I have only ever had success.