Sign in to follow this  
Mandi

Clear resin, anyone used this before?

Hey all, had an idea with something I wanted to do, and it would involve resin, I was just wondering if anyone has used clear resin before? I youtube'd a bit about it and watched some how to's etc.

Everyone seemed to have molds, I wanted to know if you could use resin to cover something that isn't completely flat without having to make a mold? Or is it too runny etc to do that?

Depending on how much uv exposure your going to give the finished product.....use decopage ( spelling? ) resin, it's thick enough to not run like water and self settles flat. It's used for furniture tops.

Oh that's good to hear, and with decoupage can you put objects in it too? Ie: small fake flowers or what not

If its for your car you want UV stable product ring gurit an ask for supplier of SP115. You can make your part then block it just enough to smooth then buff and buff till shinny

Edited by slammin_180

The above product sounds good too. We don't know what you plan to use this product for yet....but to answer your reply question, yes you can put thin objects in/under deco.....I did a phone table covered in photo's once

Sign in to follow this