Sign in to follow this  
G1B5ON

S15 black smoke and rough idle

I have just installed a blitz fmic and I bought a new Batery and when I started it up it started to idle rough and black smoke comeing out the exhaust. Does anyone have any idea what my problem is ?

I have just installed a blitz fmic and I bought a new Batery and when I started it up it started to idle rough and black smoke comeing out the exhaust. Does anyone have any idea what my problem is ?

check your intercooler piping for any leaks and your vacuume hoses as well, common mistake when installing!

make sure the clamps on the pipes are on tight so they dont come off when your driving with some speed

As these guys said. It's 100% ic/boost leak somewhere. Invest in some quality clamps and hosing. Ensure all is tight.

But on idle it would run lean not rich if there was a vacuum leak right? (Extra air getting sucked in)

Would only run rich on boost (air being pushed out and lost)

I tightened all of te clamps and replaced 2 of them, I drove it to the exhaust shop to get my front pipe installed and it was still blowing black smoke and it was also struggling to acellerate and kept back fireing . Is this still boost leak related?

wait up, your front pipe wasn't installed??? did you connect anything to the front of the turbo?? If so thats your problem!!

I just had a cat back system and I bought a 3 inch front pipe which is getting installed , I will clean the plugs tonight when I pick up the car

But on idle it would run lean not rich if there was a vacuum leak right? (Extra air getting sucked in)

Would only run rich on boost (air being pushed out and lost)

U would think so but its the opposite.

See what happens when u blow a cooler pipe off