Sign in to follow this  
Victory-Spec

Looking for a cheap motor sport in SA....I need my fix

I know cheap and motor sport don't really work well in the same sentence, but surely there is some out there. What I'm more so looking for is somewhere that I can race a piece of shit around a dirt circuit for a bit fun, with small entry costs, and low entry standards.

At this point in time I'm sadly just a piss poor electrical apprentice, so I can't afford to get into drifting. But it's killing me not doing any form of motor sport, so I must find one that my poor ass can afford, and participate the shit out of it.

I'm worried that this is wishful thinking this day and age, as everyone sues the shit out of shit for shit that went shit poop, so I imagine it's hard to have something like this.

Anyway, thanks for any help on the matter. Hopefully I can get my motor sport fix before I turn to hardcore drugs.

Maybe try Dirt Karting.... http://adelaidedirtkartclub.com.au/home.htm

Id suggest making contact and finding out how much a basic Kart would be and go from there.....

I know from experience that bitumen Go Karting can be expensive, and most if not all of grip racing will be well out of your budget....so maybe try the above, otherwise find a mate with a paddock and buy a $500 piece of shit and go hard ;)

What about motorkhanas, khanacross, hill climbs or days out at lala/tailem bend?

Carpark racing around cones out at big w monato is cheap fun. They have the occasional open entry stuff rally wise at lanac park or hillclimbs at collingrove.

Sure there's people more in the know that can give you better details but there's plenty of cheap entry level stuff out there if you look hard enough ;)

Edited by S3 TRXTC

motorkhanas and khanacross. $100 dollar car, weld diff and fire extinguisher and ~$40 entry fees, good cheap fun

Having raced Dirt Circuit for years, nothing beats door to door racing.

OP if your after any more info regarding Dirt Circuit give my brother a call, we have in the past couple years got a track up and running at Truro so you no longer have to travel 250+km's to Pt Pirie or Blackrock to go racing.

Matt: 0447 739 992

The lower classes you could get a car up and running for a few hundered $ then the top classes your looking at thousands as with any Motor Sport.

Here's an Open Wheeler that we started building but have now decided to part out as we don't have the time to finish it.

http://www.ttuned.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=271273

Edited by D_Stirls

Actually, one of the neighbors here has a pretty amusing dirt circuit car :D

Basically, it's the front end of a v6 magna, chopped up and welded to the front of an AU falcon, with everything chopped away that wasnt needed. The result is a fairly competitive dirt circuit racer, open wheeler, for about $3000~ all up. That's with a shitty KKR china turbo running 4psi... this guy has managed to squeeze value for money out of every little part of the car.

Point is, he loves it and it costs him sweet f all... I will absolutely get into this the moment i have the ability to do so :D

Motorkhana

the day should cost less than $60 (excluding fuel and tyres)

Here's a video of Dirt Circuit racing at the new Truro track,

The cost of racing is very low interms of entry and membership, also in the low classes there is not much of an advantage in tyres so most run ultra cheap tyres or even re-treads.

The membership cost is $30 per year and $10 per race meeting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGP9AFbVmTs

More videos in there;

http://www.dirtcircuitsa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=39

Edited by D_Stirls

Wow some awesome fun to to be had, now I just gotta get me a shitbox, and I'll be good to go.

Cheers guys

good to see you guys still involvefd Stirls!! you guys still got the farm track out at tumby???

Craig