Sign in to follow this  
D&B Customs

two tone 6.0 litre silvia build - Going Widebody

24nii2x.jpg19/02/2012 i drove all the way down to geelong and picked up a nissan s13. this is it in my little man cave

e640ap.jpg

1llxc.jpg

ive only owned it for a week now. but ive already stripped 90% of the interior out. just need to acquire some dry ice from my work to remove the sound deadner (ive never done it this way. so any advice or tips are welcome)

210mzw8.jpg

33z31he.jpg

11r6g7m.jpg

i purchased a 2nd hand bride fixed bucket and a brand new nardi race wheel

fkxkc8.jpg

and made some seat mounting plates with 4 driving positions. for every inch i move the seat backward it goeas an inch lower.

i still need to paint these and weld them into the actual car

24greyv.jpg

643ziw.jpg

so yeah one week down and this is it. im very busy at the winery this time of year with vintage. so when its all done and i have some more spare time ill tackle the huge job of installing the LS1 but stay tuned to see how it goes and let me know what you think smile.png

IMG_4279.JPG

Edited by D&B Customs

ive noticed that alot of people use bunnings lawn edging on their front bars lol. i bought some lastnight but didnt get a chance to put it on. ill do it this afternoon and see how it looks.

if it looks like this dudes ill be happy

newd49.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Recard Racing

bunnings lawn edging o.O

good ol bunnings, we have got what you need!

looks like you have yourself one nice project, hope it all goes well for you

my 16x10 wheels rocked up today and i "stretched" some 225/50R16s on. not really enough stretch for my liking but im still new to the whole concept and ill try something crazier after i fry these lol

old Vs the new for width

okdi06.jpg

289d62o.jpg

2ljs64y.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Recard Racing

on saturday i took the dirty old CA18 engine out and all its accessories. i think ill put in some front tubs before the ls1 goes in

nice work man this is going to be a sick build im gonna ge keeping an eye on it for sure

whats your plans for the exterior, please tell me your keeping it two tone

nice work man this is going to be a sick build im gonna ge keeping an eye on it for sure

whats your plans for the exterior, please tell me your keeping it two tone

well i had intended to paint it a super dark matte grey with black rims and black bolt on flares with bolts showing kinda nascar styles. but the two tone green and grey has grown on me so much. when i got it i was hanging to get sanding and painting. but the paint was in great condition so i left it. now i kinda love it lol. but knowing me ill probably take it to the rack first time out and smash it against a wall haha.

anyways. the other day before work i had a spare minute so i cut out the front wheel arches so i can measure everything up and fab up some front tubs.

1zefss3.jpg

2djyqug.jpg

looks pretty gangsta at the moment haha. but i havent cut out enough metal (i think) ive been working flat out but when i get a chance ill cut the rest of it out so i can start building :)

got some dry ice from work. the stuff was so cold i just threw it on the sound deadening and 5 minutes later it had all cracked off the car! it sounded like pop corn popping. and it was awesome cos it wasnt very hard at all haha

dry ice snow on the floor:

2wdbme9.jpg

2 minutes later

142yxf.jpg

all that drift works gear is pretty much HSD and KKR stuff painted orange,

the knuckles ar about there only original product

best s13 colour, but :( on fake bride

i kinda figured the seat was a fake for the money i paid for it. even though the guy who sold it to me swore on his mother it was real lol. it will be good enough for a passanger to enjoy my drifts in anyways. as ive purchased a different drivers seat that fits me better.

the only thing turning me away from the driftworks stuff is the exchange rate between the british pound and the aussie dollar. i cant understand why everyone thinks just cos there re branded means they are shit? plenty of really good drifters use them. and i like the simplicity of just buying a whole pack of suspension gear rather than buying each item individually. if there was a suspension package like this of equivilent quality in the USA id get it instead.

i kinda figured the seat was a fake for the money i paid for it. even though the guy who sold it to me swore on his mother it was real lol. it will be good enough for a passanger to enjoy my drifts in anyways. as ive purchased a different drivers seat that fits me better.

the only thing turning me away from the driftworks stuff is the exchange rate between the british pound and the aussie dollar. i cant understand why everyone thinks just cos there re branded means they are shit? plenty of really good drifters use them. and i like the simplicity of just buying a whole pack of suspension gear rather than buying each item individually. if there was a suspension package like this of equivilent quality in the USA id get it instead.

We had on special SPL Pro Suspension Parts Camber Arms + Toe Arms + Traction Rods + Tension rods just recently.

100% made in the USA, featuring titanium components.

You just have to look, there are plenty of deals around. PM us if you would like some further info - we are the sole authorised distributor for SPL in Australia.

time for an update. i finished the tubs

ff1lzm.jpg

34gvhbt.jpg

x2ql2o.jpg

then decided that i hadnt really stripped the interior fully

qqbuys.jpg

the dash had to come out.... :/

i wrecked the dash getting it out. so i made my own

33xhcmc.jpg

then i bought the ls1 and t56, plus everything else needed for the conversion

2vxfukh.jpg

now i need a diff, some coilovers, 5 stud hub conversion and some good breaks and i can start putting it together

writing all that down just now makes it sound like ive done f@$k all

but its been about 8 months since my last post and all the research and bullsh$t that goes with spending copious amounts of cash on a drift car takes forever for a noob like me lol :'(

so in that 8 months, to stop me going insane i bought another silvia

100%.. an import from japan (previous owner import) and its such a mad little car. ive dropped a fair bit of cash on it now lol :/ i just couldnt help myself

97qjxl.jpg

zt7s75.jpg

i changed all the bushes. all new brakes, HSD coilovers, some new rims, few stickers, bride bucket and a nice steering wheel

343kpwy.jpg

2qsnd4l.jpg

1zmktup.jpg

i rekon it looks slick for a little street car. anyways thats what ive been up to. ill try and update my thread more often.

JR

alright motherf***kers

the black silvia is gone and its time to get some sh1t done to the track s13.

been doing my reaserch for what feels like forever, but finlly decided to get a sikky conversion kit outta the USA. had a look at the instructions and they want you to bash out the gearbox tunnel.

im not keen to have to take the motor and box in and out 5 times to see if ive hammered enough so i got out the grinder and welder and cut out the gearbox tunnel. opened the mouth of it up in the engine bay heaps, even down the back where the shifter will be has heaps of room to fit the t56 box. ill get some pics up soon.

so the conversion bits n peices should get here in a few weeks (hurricane dependant :/)

also bought all the gear to convert it to 5 stud hubs.

if anyones got some cheap 5 stud rims or stockies for sale let me know.

R32DRIFTA im just reading your build thread for the first time right now! haha. hoping i dont find any nasty suprises that you ran into that will stuff me about.

i havent decided what to do with the starter motor yet but i hear that can cause some major dramas :/

i spoke to the guy from Lsxdrift in perth but the mounts in the fueled racing kit didnt seem as good as the sikky kit.

plus sooo many guys in the states run the sikky kit without a worry in the world. so it just made sense.

originally i was going to make my own mounts but then thought id need a sump to trial fit the motor and box then id need a tailshaft made.. etc etc so decided on just buying the conversion kit.